Totally digging the Simulator!

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Mithic wrote:
    I have no characters over 94 and I've been able to beat every node at least once. It's just a matter of luck or boards on some of the hard ones but I feel there is way to much over reaction to the composition of the nodes. Scaling is bad it's always bad but it's no worse then any other event.

Yeah, that's the magic of scaling. You're running 94s, I'm running 94s (all 2*s). You can beat all the nodes, I can beat 4 with a massive dose of luck on the fourth. Bearing in mind I'm beating the DDQ BE with only 2*s, I'm guessing it's more scaling than me "sucking at games." Good times. icon_rolleyes.gif lol

DBCC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Removing the down voting totally changes the impact of this reply... well played Demiurge, well played... lol
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mithic wrote:
    I have no characters over 94 and I've been able to beat every node at least once. It's just a matter of luck or boards on some of the hard ones but I feel there is way to much over reaction to the composition of the nodes. Scaling is bad it's always bad but it's no worse then any other event.
    the whole pt is rosters like yours have no problems with scaling while leveled rosters get much worse. my last node on today's clear was at 265. I have 1-166, 1-142, 1-120 (that I never use), and a crapload at 104. I took on the 265s with a 166, a 142 and a 102. So the best I can throw at a team with total levels of 795 (or anything else like the 960 levels in the sim) is a team with total levels of 410 (and my scaling is not nearly as bad as some). when your 94s face teams of 180s, come post how scaling isn't that big of a deal icon_e_wink.gif

edit: that said, I for one did enjoy the simulator because after facing ares/jugs/daken/etc. node after node after node, it was nice to shake things up and I enjoyed using other parts of my roster. when facing scaled ares and jugs you tend to not throw anything out except your A team. fist is the only other one that I feel that way about.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have to agree with the OP. My roster contains maxed, LThor, Hood, IF, Witch, Doom at 141 and all other 3*'s at 100 or less. I had no problem killing anything. The ISO node and the IF nodes took a little planning on my part, but I only had one wipe and that was on an essential because I stupidly went in with < 50% hp thinking man I got this...