Health pack poll

Options
2»

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ....I didn't even know there was a 5-Pack "deal"....
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

I've spent money on worse things than a F2P phone games, I'll tell you that much...

Aww, come on, you can't leave us hanging like that... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Where is the option for "I purposely do not use Health Packs AT ALL, just to spite D3"?
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ....I didn't even know there was a 5-Pack "deal"....

SEE!! Old as molasses and GK can still learn new things. icon_e_biggrin.gif

(Maybe we should look into MPQ as a potential dementia treatment. Anybody got the number for Lumosity?)
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    an important thing to remember is that the whales fund F2P games.

And you have to consider, just because 500-something forumites say they don't buy health packs(assuming they're telling the truth) Joe Schmoe and Jill Average who just want another chance to fight Ultron before they put the kids to bed or something don't mind putting down $5 for health packs.

I've spent money on worse things than a F2P phone games, I'll tell you that much...

We are actually in agreement. I do acknowledge that health packs are still purchased by players. Maybe whales, maybe random new players.

What the OP was doing through the polls and what I'm saying is that the proportion of health packs sales are largely exaggerated in the forums. Majority don't buy health packs. Yes, sample size is small, but even if you accept a 10% variance, that it still 70% of the players who don't buy health packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol, posted a similar poll about this 3 months ago. viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=24399

Note, these graphs are old, but probably haven't changed too much.
    Health packs are still less than 5% of sales, though their use does go up during new character releases.
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/08/marve ... au-part-1/

During a new character event vs non-new character event:
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/marve ... analytics/

Whales fund the game through cover pack purchases.
    Regular players fund the game through roster slots and single cover purchases.

I'm still amazed at how many people buy single covers for an event. I asked a question in the Q&A about their new hp spending breakdown, but it's unlikely it'll be answered.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

Aww, come on, you can't leave us hanging like that... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
    nah, I get in trouble too much on these forums as is, I don't wanna push it by listing my "Bad" purchases XD
  • Unknown
    Options
    boxer6 wrote:
    I have nearly a 100 health packs due to always using Daken n Wolv during my 2* days.

And I thought my surplus of 35 was impressive.

I also rarely use them, and the thought of paying for them seems silly.

Haven't really used health packs over my 579 days on. Right now I stand at 321 hoarded packs. Just earned another from Deadpool PvE. I couldn't vote in poll because I don't fit in any category.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I had 9 health packs saved up from rewards going into my final grind of the Simulator.

I wasn't going to use any of them so that I could really grind the next event that I cared about winning.

Then my best team wiped on the final node of the third round of the Simulator because of the Prof X Psychic Convergence bug (it was generating three tiles at the start of each round) and an unlucky match 5 on a cascade wiped my Luke Cage and left me defenseless against my opponents Strike + Attack + Protect tile generation every single round.

So I ended up using three to bring them back, and at that point I figured that saving 6 was no better than saving 5, so I just used them all up to get a good finish.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Lol, posted a similar poll about this 3 months ago. viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=24399

Note, these graphs are old, but probably haven't changed too much.
    Health packs are still less than 5% of sales, though their use does go up during new character releases.
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/08/marve ... au-part-1/

During a new character event vs non-new character event:
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/marve ... analytics/

Whales fund the game through cover pack purchases.
    Regular players fund the game through roster slots and single cover purchases.

I'm still amazed at how many people buy single covers for an event. I asked a question in the Q&A about their new hp spending breakdown, but it's unlikely it'll be answered.
    I didn't see your poll a few months ago but I'm still glad I posted this one, it looks like the numbers are running about the same. And thanks for posting those analytic links. Extrapolating out to the big picture, our polls are pretty much on the money. It blows my mind that so many people buy cover packs. icon_eek.gif
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    Options
    Never bought HP. Waste of resources IMO.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

DBC
    nah, I get in trouble too much on these forums as is, I don't wanna push it by listing my "Bad" purchases XD

GFE? icon_e_surprised.gif