Concerned: are there cheaters?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I was looking up reviews on Marvel Puzzle quest and the 5th video down was one for cheating and hacking the game using a 3rd party tool. I'm sure the developers know of this but i'm just concerned and hope that it can get resolved or stopped.

<Edited out search terms for what should be obvious reasons>

Ice..i'm really enjoying this game and if this was only a single player game I wouldn't be as concerned but seeing how it has a huge multiplayer component to it...is something being done to address cheating and hacking?

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Yep, there are methods to cheat in the game. That being said, there are and will always be methods to cheat in any game ever, no matter the size of the dev team or complexity of the game. We squash cheaters pretty regularly when they pop up, and the numbers are pretty low. One thing that you may have seen on the Unstable Iso-8 Event is that even though it was a 1000 player bracket, quite a few brackets showed 999 or 998 players. The lack of those extra one or two people were players that we found and booted.

I'll also note that we've run into a couple tools that do a great job of editing things on the client side. Which works just fine until you talk to the server for something... Which is about always. So many of the cheats out there are not very functional even though on the surface it looks like they could be.
  • Thanks Ice. This is a pretty new game and I like how its constantly being updated and you do a good job of talking to players. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.
  • Hooray for squashing cheaters! I remember seeing a guy with 3 maxed out characters in SHIELD Training about 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen him since icon_lol.gif

My bracket for the Unstable Iso started with 1000 players and ended up with 996. Good work, I'm sure there are still more around, but it's a good start
  • I think it's very important to ban cheats, and to keep banning them. This sounds like a given, but the fact is they will always try new ways to rig the system. If and when cheats get the better of this game, then no one will ever pay a dime for anything else.

That is why MPQ needs to be always online, and the data stored server side.