Sam Wilson: A new Cap for a new age

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
So if it's not going to be Bucky Cap, then Sam Wilson will no doubt be the new cap in the MCU. So here's a couple ideas on how he can make us proud.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Sam Wilson: Captain America
9650 HPs
CA_upCcUcAEAgog.jpg:large

Altruistic Leadership. redflag.png Passive.
Samuel_Wilson_(Earth-616)_from_Captain_America_Vol_7_25_001.jpeg
Sam's tutelage under Steve Rogers is shown in his actions. If a teammate would take more than 25% damage, Sam dives in, shield first. reduce damage by 25, 35, 50% and stun Sam one turn.
Rank 2. 35%
Rank 3. 45%
Rank 4. 50%.
Rank 5. Strengthen all teammate attack tiles by 20%.

Coordinated Attack. yellowflag.png Passive.
0e6a4303a2c884394c421991850d9515.jpg
Sam leads, charging first into battle, and his team follows his lead. If Sam makes a 5 of-a-kind match, place one three :timer: tile in play. When it goes off, a random teammate ability is used at no AP cost.
Rank 2. Destroy two team-up tiles.
Rank 3. timer duration reduced to 2 turns.
Rank 4. Destroy 5 team-up tiles.
Rank 5. timer reduced to one turn, but this ends the turn.

Winged Combat. blueflag.png 9 AP.
tumblr_m9xwjcnNiX1qfjw5j.jpg
Sam's wings add energy shard damage on top of his normal attacks. Place a 2 turn :timer: tile in play. Deal 120 winged damage and destroy 2 bluetile.png tiles. Do not gain AP.
Rank 2. timer duration increased to 3 turns.
Rank 3. Increase damage to 360.
Rank 4. timer duration increased to 3 turns.
Rank 5. Destroy 3 bluetile.png gaining AP for each.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The redflag.png is great, keeping a little Falcon in there, love it.

yellowflag.png not sure i even understand this one, mind clarifying it a bit for us?

blueflag.png since we have a 2* and 3* cap, this would be a 4* ( i know you have it listed as 3), so i would up the damage, make it aoe, and have tile destruction added to AOE damage. Gaining AP for the destruction is not bad, but for balancing, i would make it a color that is not the same attacks color, maybe change the AP gain to one of his passive colors to feed other characters?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wanted a viable fastball special that was team-oriented, but not broken.

And I still think he would be a star.pngstar.pngstar.png . Think Kamala and Capt Marvel.

As for his blue, torch gains two of the red ap gained when he uses his fireball. /shrugs.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    I wanted a viable fastball special that was team-oriented, but not broken.

And I still think he would be a star.pngstar.pngstar.png . Think Kamala and Capt Marvel.

As for his blue, torch gains two of the red ap gained when he uses his fireball. /shrugs.

We already have a 3* cap and a 2* cap, i think he should follow in thor's footsteps and have the new iteration be a 4*.