Enemy of the State - April 30 - May 8

13»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    hah! the slice 4 bracket that started fresh yesterday ended up with a ton of forumites in it and t50 won't be a cakewalk. nearly optimal clears and some minimal grinding and I'm only running ~40 - lots of folks apparently ground the last sub pretty hard. not planning on grinding that hard but going to try and keep my clears going. truthfully the green storm will likely be much more useful over the next 6 months (she is currently at 2/1/5). I bet I cast her green hundreds of times and I cast imhb black 0 times. but in 6 months I bet I throw away several storm greens and have a total of 1-2 imhb blacks, so t50 it is...

Storm is given out more than any other character. It is ridiculous. Daredevil comes in a close second. For some reason, every four star release they decide to make them the top 50+ reward.
    funny you say that - storm black and daredevil purple were my first *** abilities with 5 covers (not including bought covers) and daredevil my first fully covered characters (again not including bought covers). they seem to have been stingy with her green/yellow (not that I'm pining for it but I do use her some and at 2/1/5, her usefulness is only marginal).
  • Are people just not playing this PVE? I only ask because it feels like a ghost-town in there.

I went in to mess about with some PVP out of boredom approximately 5 hours after my second refresh, and my rank hadn't changed? Never seen that before...

DBC
  • without magstorm this event is pretty brutal - weekly powered-ups help but I can't see myself being able to pull off a full grind to 0 in this new format
  • Are people just not playing this PVE? I only ask because it feels like a ghost-town in there.

I went in to mess about with some PVP out of boredom approximately 5 hours after my second refresh, and my rank hadn't changed? Never seen that before...

DBC

i am just plodding along 3 (sometimes partial) clears a sub, no double-hitting at the close.....and maintaining T50, so my experience matches yours.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'm bouncing between 6th and 7th in my bracket. Top slot is up for grabs, so there's a lot of action. But the gap between 6th and 10th has been constant, even overnight. So yeah, I think Ultron fatigue has settled in for this event.
  • TxMoose
    dunno - a bunch of vets caught a fresh slice 4 a couple days ago and doing full clear and some minimal grinding and im running 30-40. slice is only up to 308 but I know the top 40 are all doing full clears plus. I'd love to take my foot off the pedal but really don't want to risk dropping. I could probably stop right now and still get t150 but the vets that waited until Monday morning to join all want imhb so gotta keep it up.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    TxMoose wrote:
    dunno - a bunch of vets caught a fresh slice 4 a couple days ago and doing full clear and some minimal grinding and im running 30-40. slice is only up to 308 but I know the top 40 are all doing full clears plus. I'd love to take my foot off the pedal but really don't want to risk dropping. I could probably stop right now and still get t150 but the vets that waited until Monday morning to join all want imhb so gotta keep it up.

Yep. Slice 4 definitely seems to be the forum vet bracket. Lots of familiar names here. I wouldn't be trying so hard except that the red cover is the only one I missed during Ultron so I needs it.
  • Meto5000 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Yep. Slice 4 definitely seems to be the forum vet bracket. Lots of familiar names here. I wouldn't be trying so hard except that the red cover is the only one I missed during Ultron so I needs it.

I'm in the same bracket and - even though only about 200 people were able to catch the first sub in it, top 50 is not going to be a cakewalk. I've been hovering roughly around 20th (though I got into the top ten briefly this morning) and I've had to play it closer to optimally than I was expecting to get there.

I don't think I'm going to do Slice 4 again, though. If it ended an hour earlier it would be okay, but it's affecting my sleep. They need to run slices every 3-4 hours, not with 6 hours of separation. Anytime 7-10 would be fine for me.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Meto5000 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

I only managed to snag a red cover from the compensation so one additional cover is always welcome.
    Funny how trying to be casual has worked out: no different than before except I don't have to bother with PvP icon_lol.gif
  • Riguez
    Riguez Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I was ranked between 5th and 15th during the whole event from Day 1 to the last day. 12 hours left on the last day I magically appear ranked 36th. I played every match until there were no more points left, and only got up to 20th. One hour left I am at 40th. Final result? 59th and out of the Hulkbuster cover.

This is ****. This game is broken and once more fails to reward constant players in favor of players who only make an effort at the end, I am not even sure how that can happen, all I know is I wasted too much time and effort on this F'ing event and game for nothing.
  • TxMoose
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

I'm in the same bracket and - even though only about 200 people were able to catch the first sub in it, top 50 is not going to be a cakewalk. I've been hovering roughly around 20th (though I got into the top ten briefly this morning) and I've had to play it closer to optimally than I was expecting to get there.

I don't think I'm going to do Slice 4 again, though. If it ended an hour earlier it would be okay, but it's affecting my sleep. They need to run slices every 3-4 hours, not with 6 hours of separation. Anytime 7-10 would be fine for me.
    totally agree on avoiding a fresh slice 4 if I'm shooting t50. no thanks. I thought I had things well in hand and everyone started grinding last night and I barely made it. finished 49. hope my next 'fresh bracket' experiment is a little more laid back. didn't expect to have to do full clears+ to make it when I entered in the 20s.