Enemy of the State - April 30 - May 8

Comments

• so despite this running during Ultron, this is actually one of the better PVEs and we have an excellent smattering of characters to approach it with since there are ALOT more powered ups.

And more powered up is cool so I don't just have to rely on 1 or 2 peeps.
  • I've just discovered something I dislike more than ninjas... SUPER ninjas.

Sheesh.

DBC
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I've decided to do a trial run of making videos of the different PvE stories, starting with Enemy of the State. My first video isn't that great because I recorded it late at night and had to keep it down to not wake people up, and the voices still need some work. Stick with the video through the end though, I promise you will laugh at least once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahibjvSkOuo
  • notamutant wrote:
    I've decided to do a trial run of making videos of the different PvE stories, starting with Enemy of the State. My first video isn't that great because I recorded it late at night and had to keep it down to not wake people up, and the voices still need some work. Stick with the video through the end though, I promise you will laugh at least once.

Recorded from PC?
  • notamutant
    raisinbman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Recorded from PC?

Yup.
  • notamutant wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Recorded from PC?

Yup.
    darn looking for phone-streaming-recording stuff...
  • notamutant
    raisinbman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Recorded from PC?

Yup.
    darn looking for phone-streaming-recording stuff...

Phone recording is always going to be pretty bad quality. I would stick with PC recording.
  • notamutant wrote:

Phone recording is always going to be pretty bad quality. I would stick with PC recording.
    that'd be cool if I could just switch from phone to PC but MPQ accounts don't transfer, c'est la vie etc
  • dizzera
    dizzera Posts: 17
    Friggin Caltrops!!!!!!!! That is all.
  • The weekly buffed list has really decreased the gap on max roster and the 'everyone at 100-120' roster. The buffs seems to scale more heavily toward higher levels so that it's actually advantageous to have everyone at level 166 assuming it's affordable. Scaling is likely still unfair but the difference is that you got a lot of level 240 guys to use against the same unfair scaling as opposed to level 196s, and you got more choices so chances are better someone useful is going to be in there.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Phantron wrote:
    The weekly buffed list has really decreased the gap on max roster and the 'everyone at 100-120' roster. The buffs seems to scale more heavily toward higher levels so that it's actually advantageous to have everyone at level 166 assuming it's affordable. Scaling is likely still unfair but the difference is that you got a lot of level 240 guys to use against the same unfair scaling as opposed to level 196s, and you got more choices so chances are better someone useful is going to be in there.

Indeed, KK Green erasing entire waves has been pleasant to say the least. After Ultron sentry's, Hand Ninjas don't seem as cheesy, exception being Caltops... hate those things, but KK heals has been clutch too for these long wave fights.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Loved the story mode video! Is it too late to do one for the starter nodes?
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    hells kitchen - every other node and all the essentials are nothing but goon feeds into wolvie and gorgon and NO wave level. what great design.

thank god this garbage sub only lasts 24 hours.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    hells kitchen - every other node and all the essentials are nothing but goon feeds into wolvie and gorgon and NO wave level. what great design.

thank god this garbage sub only lasts 24 hours.

really needed this nod for tomorrow with PVP.. watch tomorrow be massive amount of pts and i got to do this and PVP
  • notamutant
    Malcrof wrote:
    Loved the story mode video! Is it too late to do one for the starter nodes?

You mean the original Dark Reign storyline? Right now, I am planning on just doing the Enemy of the State PvE and see if anyone watches them. It takes a suprisingly large amount of time to both record and edit and then upload to youtube due to the large file sizes from using FRAPS. Especially since I already have to grind these same nodes to zero, I barely have any free time to record the videos before the subs end! After the PvE is over, if enough people want, I can try to record the rest of the stories as each PvP gets recycled, and the original story. I realized how bad my voice acting is after this. I tried to make funny accents, but it was trickier than I thought it would be. I think it just ended up being annoying. I have part 2 of Enemy of the State out now, and will upload part 3 tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObJmJEToW0k
  • Have to say I am not liking the 24 hr subs. It is completely brutal...

Is the last one a 48hr??
  • ErnDiggity wrote:
    Have to say I am not liking the 24 hr subs. It is completely brutal...

Is the last one a 48hr??

It is highly unlikely. It should be 24 hour subs from here on out.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    hah! the slice 4 bracket that started fresh yesterday ended up with a ton of forumites in it and t50 won't be a cakewalk. nearly optimal clears and some minimal grinding and I'm only running ~40 - lots of folks apparently ground the last sub pretty hard. not planning on grinding that hard but going to try and keep my clears going. truthfully the green storm will likely be much more useful over the next 6 months (she is currently at 2/1/5). I bet I cast her green hundreds of times and I cast imhb black 0 times. but in 6 months I bet I throw away several storm greens and have a total of 1-2 imhb blacks, so t50 it is...
  • notamutant
    TxMoose wrote:
    hah! the slice 4 bracket that started fresh yesterday ended up with a ton of forumites in it and t50 won't be a cakewalk. nearly optimal clears and some minimal grinding and I'm only running ~40 - lots of folks apparently ground the last sub pretty hard. not planning on grinding that hard but going to try and keep my clears going. truthfully the green storm will likely be much more useful over the next 6 months (she is currently at 2/1/5). I bet I cast her green hundreds of times and I cast imhb black 0 times. but in 6 months I bet I throw away several storm greens and have a total of 1-2 imhb blacks, so t50 it is...

Storm is given out more than any other character. It is ridiculous. Daredevil comes in a close second. For some reason, every four star release they decide to make them the top 50+ reward.
  • ErnDiggity wrote:
    Have to say I am not liking the 24 hr subs. It is completely brutal...

Is the last one a 48hr??

As someone in slice 1 I can confirm that the last 2 subs are 24hrs each.