Nerfing and Avengers v Ultron

Options
I hate complaining, but I'm going to.
In light of the "nerfing" of characters like X-Force Wolverine, Magneto, etc., it seems strikingly unfair that Ultron drones can attack every round (usually leaving attack or defense tiles or significantly altering the board) and then, in the same round, also make matches. And that's not even mentioning Ultron himself.

No playable character (that I've seen or read of), at any level can do these things, every round from the very beginning of the game with so much effect. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

A little "competitive balance" please?

Comments

• At the end of the day it comes down to economics. If I play Ultron waves, I wind up with more characters injured or downed than any other PVE or PVP. So if I want to keep playing, I should play something other than Ultron. Which is too bad.

I dread the day these guys show up on Deadpool.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The sentries are actually really weird from the MPQ perspective - they have passive powers and can make matches, but have no active powers that those matches actually fuel. They're balanced in their own way - they tend to nickel and dime you with their matches and tiles, but have no ability other than a bad cascade to do major damage. The exception is the Gunners, who will put out those critical tiles if there enough tiles out there - you either need to manage the tiles or take them out first. This also makes the Gunners the most dangerous companions for Ultron Prime - since Prime multiplies the existing tiles they will hit you hard very quickly. Plan for those nodes accordingly - bring in good burst damage or protect tile generators.

Because they nickel and dime you, btw, protect tile generators are extremely useful against them. Luke Cage is worth his weight in gold against them, but there are definitely other options. Speaking for myself, I generally go over the Fighters first, since they multiply the effects of bad luck (destroying a set of tiles, then matching tiles,) though after there are a certain number of specials on the board their destroy powers stop. Other people go for the Gunners for pretty much the above reason. You need to burst down the Fliers or else they'll potentially heal.

They demand new strategies, but they're things you can definitely deal with. Because they're so specialized, I doubt they'll show up in anything other than the Ultron event. The may show up in the Gauntlet or the Simulator, but they really are kind of their own thing.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SSSHSHHHHHHH dangit. don't plant any ideas in their heads...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    SSSHSHHHHHHH dangit. don't plant any ideas in their heads...

Or that Simulator Hard event where you fight Gorgon, Ultron, and Ultron Prime all in the same event. NBD, just deal with the constant bomb dropping, countdown cloning, and the fact that you can't use any of them as a playable.

In contrast, it would be great to have an Ultron playable event. icon_e_smile.gif