Deadpool Daily Quests - Round 12 - April 14 to April 18

Options
2»

Comments

• Kcman13 wrote:
    Any suggestions on a strategy for the ninjas in the big enchilada? I have beaten them before, maybe based on luck, but today I stood no chance. Any useful characters like Falcon, Loki, Cap, are just too low in level to probably be of any use for me here. I beat the big enchilada each day usually with Ares, Thor, obw (I'm a 2*-3* transitioner).

I've used the following team for all final stages and will continue to do so:

Hulk, Black Panther, OBW.

Boost with purple/blue and green/black plus team up or All boost if you want.

OBW to get to 9 blue ASAP to prevent timer countdown, but if not make sure Hulk is in front if at all possible. He'll get angry the first attack and you'll get green fields a plenty icon_e_biggrin.gif

Black of course is next after blue/purple but don't harvest any green as you want those for Hulk's rage cascades. If you go with TU 12 gives you maximum damage on Battleplan and if you've got 9 yellow tiles covered with attack you'll be able to wipe out goons or ninjas on match damage without too much trouble.

By the time you get to the last wave (wave 4) you would have used ROTP in wave 2 to wipe out pvp round and should have enough black for one more attack. If you have team up use it, or thunderclap or your other ROTP.

Rinse and repeat.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My big enchilada failfest.
    Wiped with my A team of 3*Cap, Blade Falcon
    Wiped with 2 more teams.

Went in with my last remaining team worth playing:
    deapool, under leveled hulk, and I cant even remember the 3rd.
    Anyways i super-whaled twice. It was a mess, but not a single **** was given that day.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kcman13 wrote:
    Any suggestions on a strategy for the ninjas in the big enchilada? I have beaten them before, maybe based on luck, but today I stood no chance. Any useful characters like Falcon, Loki, Cap, are just too low in level to probably be of any use for me here. I beat the big enchilada each day usually with Ares, Thor, obw (I'm a 2*-3* transitioner).

My go to for that node (ninjas or not) is always Patch-Loki-Panther. Berzerker into Trickery shuts down all damage. Then I spend the rest of the time charging Panther, and use any stray purple to mix up stale boards. By the time the 4th wave hits, usually have 24 black and just wipe them out with Panther.

Of course, that doesn't help you. Your best bet is to not kill any of the ninjas until the very last second. By that time hopefully you have enough AP for OBW to offset the damage with her blue. Alternative (but also unlikely to help you) is to bring Bullseye. Ares-OBW-Bullseye gives you rainbow coverage, and his protect tiles will help negate the ninjas.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djvkool wrote:
    My big enchilada team, from day 1, has always been LThor(114)/MNMags(94)/CStorm(94)

I made the mistake of trying my undercovered/underleveled Lthor when I got him up to ~120s. but his yellow only had 3 covers, so the green generation was not nearly as good. I found that the increase in damage does not make up for the lack of green ap generation, because that is the foundation for ap creation in that team. I wiped my first go with Lthor and might try him again when I get a 4th yellow, but really, the 5th yellow is critical in that team since ap generation is more important than damage (and the ONLY ability you use is yellow except finishing wave 4). my ** thor works wonders with stormneto.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The enchilada was spicy last night! First time in my 150 days of play that I've spent hp on health packs. I wiped twice with my standard team of 2thor, cstorm, obw before trying cyclops, storm, mnmags to get wiped again and finally got it with the orig team. Changed my strategy to just wiping round 1 as fast as possible instead of trying to farm for round 2. It was still a close one.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    djvkool wrote:
    My big enchilada team, from day 1, has always been LThor(114)/MNMags(94)/CStorm(94)

I made the mistake of trying my undercovered/underleveled Lthor when I got him up to ~120s. but his yellow only had 3 covers, so the green generation was not nearly as good. I found that the increase in damage does not make up for the lack of green ap generation, because that is the foundation for ap creation in that team. I wiped my first go with Lthor and might try him again when I get a 4th yellow, but really, the 5th yellow is critical in that team since ap generation is more important than damage (and the ONLY ability you use is yellow except finishing wave 4). my ** thor works wonders with stormneto.

Yeah that's what I use before my LThor is appropriately leveled, now he is at level 127 and I have 2x red, 4x yellow, and 4x green.

I don't normally need the yellow to generate green anyway, by then I would have 20+ both blue and purple which should be enough to cast Storm's blue 3 times icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Today (4/16 - Wolverine reward) node 5 has handed me my butt twice now. Stormnetto + OBW, all lvl 94, +2 of all colors, +2 blue/purp, +2 blk/grn on the first run, got DESTROYED by wave 2.
    Second run: same team, +100 percent damage all color, +2 blu/prp, +2 blk/grn - DESTROYED AGAIN in wave 2.

While sometimes node 5 is a bit tense, I've never been kicked in the teeth this hard, this early on? I'm thinking my 'problem' is that I'm not using up enough of the red/yellow/green and that's what is doing me in? Would be happy to have your thoughts/comments.

Is it just me, or has DPD been getting harder lately? (And I'm not sure how I feel about that...I do like a challenge, but I REALLY want the 3 * covers...)

-mckapet

****update: Decided to give it another go with stormneto + OBW and +100 percent damage all color, +2 blu/prp, +2 blk/grn and got a really nice starting board, on first move, made a 5 gem blue, which started a cascade. I was able to wipe out wave 1 without using any abilities, thus I was way 'ahead' at the start of wave 2. From there, with careful play, I was able to stay ahead of the damage, and finish the node.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    OBW 2hor and Blade.
    Get blue early to slow down goons.
    accumulate AP while managing Countdown Tiles
    Blade drops strike tiles and can bleed off extra AP
    Try not to use any of Thor's abilities on goons.
    On last goon kill with a targeted ability.
    then use Thor to deal as much damage as possible before AI can use their characters.
    Rinse and repeat for R3 and R4
  • Tips for those who have trouble with the last node (for the cover), I've yet to lose with fully covered LThor/Steve Rogers/Black Widow (Original) since the inception of DDQ.