Damage/utility powers need more balance

Options
In the last tournaments i've played, i haven't seen nothing but Wolverine/Thor/Spidey (or Ironman 3*) teams. This game has become kind of boring as there's no more various teams at all, everybody's only playing high/fast damage output characters to farm as fast as possible.
This thing is killing this game, and nothing is done to counter it apart from implementing new Red/green berzerks again and again. Damage characters are real issues here, as to win as fast as possible one need the highest damage possible, so everybody's playing with Red/green/yellow.
You're speaking of nerfing Wolvie & Thor, but what do you implement next, Ares and another wolvie... Sounds schizophrenic to me !

One huge issue here has been to allow so many heroes to have 3 damage powers. Opposed to no damages heroes, it's highly unfair and you should never have given more than 2 damage powers to heroes.
Damage tokens are also too powerful as it's really hard to remove them (at least with the game's main process - puzzle like), Damage characters should perhaps be more focused on destroying tiles than doing direct damages as you've done with Hulk (who is only feared for his passive black at this time, and that's a great thing !).

This game need less damage powers (Thor clones), perhaps less damage with this powers too, and more characters with combo/utility powers.

Comments

• So, you want a game where we get a bunch of butter knives? No thanks.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    So, you want a game where we get a bunch of butter knives? No thanks.

This section is about feedback and obviously there's a huge issue concerning characters balance, and more precisely Red/Green/Yellow as 99% of players play only with them as soon as they can.
    I don't want butter knives, i just want characters that people want to use.
    And if you're right, so be it, let's remove all the other characters as nobody's using them. I don't think that a game with 3 characters will be so much of an enjoyment, as it is today.
  • Some of the direct damage skills are just way overpowered so there's no real reason not to pick them. If Force Bubble cost 3 blue AP you'd see a lot of Invisible Woman too, even though that move has no offensive potential (but sure will immediately shut down your opponent).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But a bit less inflammatory, all three of those are on the nerf list
  • I thought that was so stupid when they released ares and 3* wolverine. Im like arent you guys about to nerf thor and 2* wolverine. They are practically the same thing and same power sets.
  • Unity wrote:
    I thought that was so stupid when they released ares and 3* wolverine. Im like arent you guys about to nerf thor and 2* wolverine. They are practically the same thing and same power sets.

Ares is considerably weaker than Thor currently is. Don't confuse his godlike state in the tournament where he kills 2 guys in one hit compared to his normal stats. All of Ares's moves have considerable drawbacks while doing roughly the same damage as Thor is now after you scale the AP. He basically does Thor level damage with significant drawbacks. Sure, you can build teams to compensate for his weakness, but Thor has no weakness for doing the same level of damage.

For Wolverine (Patch), his green is nowhere the same strength as Feral Claws. His red is basically instant kill, but it needs 14r and that's Unibeam range we're talking about. Very few characters can survive a Unibeam, and nobody is really that scared of IM40 because it's not often he gets enough to use an Unibeam. His regen is going to be a pain, but you didn't have Wolverine ** on your team solely because he can regen. I imagine Patch to be more of a 'nasty surprise' character, as someone you can usually beat cleanly but sometimes you'd see him hit you for 5 digit damage when he manages to get 14r.