Holy tinykitty. 2400 progression....

Options
13»

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mags is terrible on defense though. Sure his purple hurts, but his red's low cost is a liability, and the AI often doesn't even get a match 3 with the blue
  • If you're actually worried about 85 thor/wolvie then definitely you're not getting anywhere near the 2400. If you could actually put up a real team then 2400 is just a grind away. A large chunk of the people on this forum take down thor/wolvie without even losing HP. A high level Ares is a pain though, unless paired with Thor, then he's a joke. (AI preference for Call The Storm over Ares green)
  • Wanted to post again to say that, thanks to the kind team-arrangements of players like Spoit, getting to 2400 for my favorite Marvel character wasn't nearly as much of a grind. Went from 800 to 2400 in less than 2 hours after getting home from work today. I admit I'm more focused on getting into a 3* team, but it's nice to see my 4* Wolverine progressing along (currently 2/1/1, it's a neat but distant goal!).
  • 800 to 2400 in 2 hours?? I wonder how you accomplished that.

For me, it took me 3hours to get to 1400. And by then, I was already out of health packs. Had to just shield and quit.

I managed to score top 5 in my bracket though. Was lucky most of them were in the 1000 range.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    800 to 2400 in 2 hours?? I wonder how you accomplished that.

For me, it took me 3hours to get to 1400. And by then, I was already out of health packs. Had to just shield and quit.

I managed to score top 5 in my bracket though. Was lucky most of them were in the 1000 range.

They're talking about a time where you only have five people in the entire game who might possibly be able to see your rating if you are far enough ahead of the pack early on. As long as the other five people who can see your rating isn't playing (and they definitely won't be playing if they're shielded), it's obviously pretty easy to simply grind your way up against a shielded opponent. Even if they're not shielded, it's still relatively easy to grind points when nobody is retaliating and it's far more likely to not be retaliated if only five people in the world can see your rating.

With the change that allows people to see people with rating way higher than they do, this is no longer possible.

Although it's too early to tell, right now I'm not sure how anyone's even going to get say a score of 1000 at this rate. It is pretty much impossible to escape from the pack unless nobody in the world was playing at the same time as you. Before, you only need the guys within +- 200 of you to not be playing at the same time.
  • So Phantron, would you agree with me if I say the devs just topped themselves another **** change?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    So Phantron, would you agree with me if I say the devs just topped themselves another **** change?

I think the progressio rewards at the top needs to be reevaluated, but right now my bracket seems to be projected to finish at the low 1000s (700 is the highest right now), which doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I have no idea how anyone could possibly hit 2400 in this system, though.
  • As I said before. The devs give you one cookie, they take back 2.

Double cost of shields, penalty for skipping teams.

What next? Cost of Hero Points for logging into the game?
  • I made the jump fairly quickly because once I hit 1200-ish points, I was seeing Spoit and Bughunt and whatnot with Bagman teams at 2400-2800 teams. I could only slap them around 5-6 times each, but it was a series of 30 second battles worth 50 points each time. After that, fights got a little "harder" (and by harder, I mean 3* teams with level 20 Ares, while I've got a level 65 Ares slam-dunking things), and with a smidgen of effort, I ended up slapping down my favorite hero's cover.

It's a shame I can't get it again, but I can at least get top 5 without much hassle so I can get some more Patch covers.