3 star covers in shield simulator

Options
Clyve
Clyve Posts: 91
Hi folks, just curious how difficult it is to get the two 3 star progression covers in the shield simulator. Feasible for a 2-3* transitioner? Or do you have to be solidly in 3* land? Or even 4*?

Just curious because the covers this season could be useful, but I don't want to put in the effort if it's impossible for a player in my position.

Thanks

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is not feasible for a transitioner to get the 2 3 stars. You will get into solid 3 star teams above 1600 and have to constantly shield after that. Maybe with the new system. But under the old it would have been impossible.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The rewards in the Shield Simulator are just godawful and not remotely worth the effort. I only jump into it when I'm close to getting my Gold 10-pack for the Season rewards. . Lord knows I could use both of the 3*'s at the top, but I'm not sure I've even gotten to the 2* rewards and I'm well along in my 2-3* transition.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Two seasons ago I made 2390 points in shield sim with xforce 220 plus 166s. It cost around 600 hp for a 24 hr, 2 3 hrs and an 8 and I didn't get the last Luke Cage icon_lukecage.png cover because I got hit twice on the last hop. It wasn't fun but my season score was 11443.

After 1600 it was all 166s, after 1900 all 270s. Dunno if anyone will get there in the new system.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    It's very interesting, because currently in my leaderboard guys ares shielding at 1200 points---that's on DAY THREE of this brand, spanking new season. Gee, I guess people really want those 3* covers or something. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

I'm not going to sweat sim too much right now. I'll hit sims during downtime between pve/pvp events, and whenever i have extra heal packs to spare. I broke 2,600 points in shield sim w/ 12.7k season points last season for 25th place. I don't know if I'll be able to duplicate that again this season though.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As 2-3 * transitioner it's not going to happen.
    With a solid 2* line up you can reach about 1000pts before you start hitting the 130+ teams. This can be done in a couple of hours in the final days of the season

Under the new system who knows, it may be a huge slog to get to 1000pts this time. So may be worth starting earlier if you need the points. It always seemed like the progression rewards on this need an overhaul as the only decent covers are two 3*s
  • puppychow wrote:
    It's very interesting, because currently in my leaderboard guys ares shielding at 1200 points---that's on DAY THREE of this brand, spanking new season. Gee, I guess people really want those 3* covers or something. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

This has been happening since Season 1. And I've seen people with WAY less points shield in the SIM
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't understand the simulator, I have 453 points and on the easier fights I get everyone is at 94, it is a fact that against three 94 characters I'm going to loose. For what? 1* Storm at 500 or even worst Hawkeye at 900 (I know I will never get there anyway)
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    You won't be able to earn them until you really don't need them.