** Thor (Marvel NOW!) ** [PRE 2014-01]

124»

Comments

• good riddance
  • i would wait till you have 31 or 32 character spots open for all released ones, then open 1 extra slot and do it at your lezuire, its what i plan to do with my Orig. B. Widow i messed up on.Only 70+ days myself but hadn't seen any masters reply.Personally they are all to buzy crying over debuffed Rag's..lol.
  • Good suggestion, I just cut Hawkeye to make an opening for backburner projects.

Fortunately I'm only up to 1250 on shield training, so a weekend of grinding should get me a two cover start on Thor rebuild.

I wish I had known about this damn forum before I got so far along.

Also sitting on a 4/5/4 original widow that I would like to be a 3/5/5...

Now, I just need to figure out how to place top 20 in a lightning round... hopefully the raganrok nerfing will make it a bit easier.
  • You're 4/5/4 widow should be fine. Getting the extra double damage out of it won't be as helpful as the first rank into getting the damage to begin with was. At 4 black, she activates strike tile damage being applied twice, whereas at rank 5 is just a smidgen increase in damage.

4 purple does some amazing things, especially considering that more useful black abilities are coming into play now, I.e. Punisher's is quick to fire an ae attack. So you should be okay there. As for the Thor rebuild, I would suggest holding off until you see what changes are being made to Thor. That way, you won't be stuck with a "useless" build.
  • To be perfectly honest, your Thor is not very viable. In my opinion at least. I wish I had something more encouraging to say.

If you have the slot, I recommend you train a backup Thor.

This whole "not being able to respec" business is just **** imho.

Everyone's asking for respec, everyone's hoping for respec, but guess what? The devs don't give a damn.
  • Thor is gonna be nerfed/changed very soon, right after Bag Woman who is next. In general I would wait for respec before you level a new Thor, assuming you already have levels in your current one. Currently 5/5/3 is best, but we'll see how they change him.
  • I banged out 1700 on shield training to get red and yellow thor. i'll collect covers for now and see what what they do with thor before investing any iso to level up.

I just wish there was a warning message the first time you did a cover upgrade to let you know that 1. It's irreversible, 2. there are power caps. Would've saved me alot of upgrader's remorse.
  • Looks like this guys next in line for respec. Wonder what's gonna happen here? Maybe self inflicting damage or less tiles being placed. Green maybe having some effect like hulks where if there's so many on the board etc etc. Maybe he's already almost finished? Maybe someone with a red name will tell us? Hehe
  • I don't see the need for any concept changes with Thor. Just drop his red and yellow by 50% and he'll be fine.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    They'll probably raise the AP cost on the abilities or reduce the damage output. I'm fine paying 8 red for Thor's Mjolnir's might. I'm not OK losing it populating yellow tiles. Same goes with Thor's yellow ability.

His green needs buffed. It sucks.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    They'll probably raise the AP cost on the abilities or reduce the damage output. I'm fine paying 8 red for Thor's Mjolnir's might. I'm not OK losing it populating yellow tiles. Same goes with Thor's yellow ability.

His green needs buffed. It sucks.
    My bet is both, if the rebalanced rag does 1k for 6, I expect thor's to do like 600 for 9 or something asinine like that. With only 3 tiles changed
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is where they have to allow respecing of characters. Rag not an issue, Invisible woman, not really an issue, but Thor is a huge issue, everyone has and uses him, everyone either has him built the exact way and will be pissed if it's not their optimal build, or you have people who built theres when they had no clue about how covers worked (this really needs to be more clear). Respecing must and needs to be implemented, Rag had his overall power reduced, but since he only has 2 colors, the build wasn't effected. Invisible woman basically had her skills made better but on an even scale as to not really effect the way you wanted her built, plus I doubt very many people have enough of her that it was an issue, but Thor will be a huge issue. What if his red cost goes up, but his green cost goes down, now you would have built him 3/5/5 instead. Or what if his yellow doubles in AP cost, you would have gone 5/3/5. I'm not sure the exact solution, do you give players 5 of each cover as compensation to rebuild as they see fit? Do you create a feature to allow the shifting or removal of skills at the cost of having to reaquire the ISO? Whatever is decided on how to respec will be awesome compared to not doing anything at all.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    This is where they have to allow respecing of characters. Rag not an issue, Invisible woman, not really an issue, but Thor is a huge issue, everyone has and uses him, everyone either has him built the exact way and will be pissed if it's not their optimal build, or you have people who built theres when they had no clue about how covers worked (this really needs to be more clear). Respecing must and needs to be implemented, Rag had his overall power reduced, but since he only has 2 colors, the build wasn't effected. Invisible woman basically had her skills made better but on an even scale as to not really effect the way you wanted her built, plus I doubt very many people have enough of her that it was an issue, but Thor will be a huge issue. What if his red cost goes up, but his green cost goes down, now you would have built him 3/5/5 instead. Or what if his yellow doubles in AP cost, you would have gone 5/3/5. I'm not sure the exact solution, do you give players 5 of each cover as compensation to rebuild as they see fit? Do you create a feature to allow the shifting or removal of skills at the cost of having to reaquire the ISO? Whatever is decided on how to respec will be awesome compared to not doing anything at all.

I agree that there needs to be a respecting of this guy to make the blow on his nerf feel less painful. I got this character early on not through the prologue since he did not exist at the time and you needed 50 covers to max out a character. Anyways I built him all messed up 3/5/5. So I never used him. I am probably that rare player that got the two star Mag in my standard tokens and built him up and jumped to rag a few weeks later, but the Rag nerf hurt more than you know because some players never had to use thor as a third wheel. I end this by hopeing the devs drop the hammer on this guy. icon_twisted.gif
  • By looking at what they did to rags, the hammer will fall all the way from Asgard to earth haha
  • Thor's icon just changed to a more detailed/modern one icon_eek.gif
  • Hey guys, is there any problem with going 5/4/4 with Thor?
    Red is really important, but i dont see a really big advantage of having 5 yellow compared to 4. In the end you still need 4 matches, no matter it costs 11 or 12.
    Of course, there is no reason not to go 5 yellow, but i'm asking because i have a 4th green cover that will expire in two days.
  • Hey guys, is there any problem with going 5/4/4 with Thor?
    Red is really important, but i dont see a really big advantage of having 5 yellow compared to 4. In the end you still need 4 matches, no matter it costs 11 or 12.
    Of course, there is no reason not to go 5 yellow, but i'm asking because i have a 4th green cover that will expire in two days.

There really is no reason for it other than 2 red hits could cascade you into the yellow faster, but like you kinda mentioned another yellow tile isn't too much to ask for. Besides since he is up next on the balancing que his new abilities may warrant a 5/4/4 build instead.