Deadpool Daily Quest - Round 10 - April 4 to April 8

Options
Welcome to round ten of Deadpool's Daily Quests! Main post will be updated each day with the enemies we'll be facing and the cover reward.

Covers for this round will be Daken (Black), Squirrel Girl (Purple), Doctor Doom (Blue), Mystique (Blue), Hulk (Red)

Day One:
That Guy From That Place -
Hawkeye** (15), Defender (10), Defender(10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Brawler (20), Decoy (22), Defender (25), Brawler(28)
Wave 2 Decoy (40), Decoy (42), Ironman*** (50), Criterion (46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Doctor Octopus*** (74), Loki*** (70), Human Torch*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Thor** (64), Black Widow** (60), Bullseye** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Teisatsu (99), Teisatsu (100), Teisatsu (105)
Wave 2 Luke Cage*** (112), Punisher*** (111), Captain America*** (110)
Wave 3 Konran (122), Konran(121), Shinobi (120)
Wave 4 Gorgon*** (130), Deadpool*** (132), Wolverine**** (131)

Reward: Daken (Black)
Day Two:
Human Torch** (15), Thug (10), Thug (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Thug (20), Hitman (22), Hitman (25), Thug(28)
Wave 2 Thug (40), Hitman (42), Gamora*** (50), Thug(46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Daken*** (74), Hood*** (70), Rocket&Groot*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Wolverine** (64), Daken** (60), Captain Marvel** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Criterion (99), Subject (100), Empiricist (105)
Wave 2 Captain Marvel*** (112), Beast*** (111), Daredevil*** (110)
Wave 3 Control (122), Control (121), Criterion (120)
Wave 4 Invisible Woman**** (130), Black Widow*** (132), Blade*** (131)

Reward: Squirrel Girl (Purple)
Day Three:
Captain America** (15), Spy (10), Spy (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Soldier (20), Pyro (22), Lieutenant (25), Analyst (28)
Wave 2 Assassin (40), Grenadier (42), Psylocke*** (50), Pyro(46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Loki*** (74), Mystique*** (70), Spiderman*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Bullseye** (64), Spiderman** (60), Thor** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Decoy (99), Brawler (100), Decoy (105)
Wave 2 Wolverine*** (112), Human Torch*** (111), Thor*** (110)
Wave 3 Defender (122), Decoy (121), Brawler(120)
Wave 4 Doctor Doom*** (130), Elektra**** (132), Squirrel Girl*** (131)

Most Valued Resident: Doctor Doom (Blue)
Day Four:
Daken** (15), Teisatsu (10), Teisatsu (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Teisatsu (20), Teisatsu (22), Shinobi (25), Teisatsu (28)
Wave 2 Shinobi (40), Konran (42), Squirrel Girl*** (50), Shinobi(46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Daken*** (74), Falcon*** (70), Loki*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Captain Marvel** (64), Captain America** (60), Magneto** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Hitman (99), Thug (100), Hitman (105)
Wave 2 Human Torch*** (112), Ironman*** (111), Magneto*** (110)
Wave 3 Muscle (122), Hitman (121), Brawler(120)
Wave 4 Invisible Woman**** (130), Beast*** (132), Storm*** (131)

Most Valued Resident: Mystique (Blue)
Day Five:
Hawkeye** (15), Assassin (10), Assassin (10)

Under The Sea -
Wave 1 Soldier (20), Lieutenant (22), Pyro (25), Spy (28)
Wave 2 Commander (40), Lieutenant (42), Blade*** (50), Spy(46)

Third Time's The Charm -
Black Panther*** (74), Ragnarok*** (70), Doctor Octopus*** (71)

Dat Required Character -
Wolverine** (64), Black Widow** (60), Bullseye** (63)

The Big Enchilada -
Wave 1 Empiricist (99), Criterion (100), Control (105)
Wave 2 Luke Cage*** (112), Psylocke*** (111), Magneto*** (110)
Wave 3 Control (122), Control (121), Control(120)
Wave 4 Wolverine**** (130), Deadpool*** (132), Daredevil*** (131)

Reward: Hulk (Red)

Comments

• I'll finally be able to do nerfed winfinite. Yey?
  • They have to add daken as a pve progression award. It sucks not having him in these Deadpool dailys
  • Alchemist4 wrote:
    They have to add daken as a pve progression award. It sucks not having him in these Deadpool dailys
    Daken has been available in PVE and PVP
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Alchemist4 wrote:
    They have to add daken as a pve progression award. It sucks not having him in these Deadpool dailys
    Since coming out of the vault, he's only been available in a pvp event that was well out of my reach since everyone was out for him. My roster strength isn't great. Him being part of the gauntlet doesn't count since you had to have him already in order to get his cover.
  • Alchemist4 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Alchemist4 wrote:
    Since coming out of the vault, he's only been available in a pvp event that was well out of my reach since everyone was out for him. My roster strength isn't great. Him being part of the gauntlet doesn't count since you had to have him already in order to get his cover.

PVP is never out of reach, I've recently placed #2 and #9 in PVPs I had no business ranking that high in.

It does count because of tokens.

And if you're that new a player, that's just something you have to deal with - there's no rhyme, pattern or reason to any character prizes(besides deadpool daily). I'm not trying to defend D3, just saying how it is.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally a blue cover for doom!! Now at (5/1/4).. sold 3 black covers already, been waiting for this!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Alchemist4 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Alchemist4 wrote:

PVP is never out of reach, I've recently placed #2 and #9 in PVPs I had no business ranking that high in.

It does count because of tokens.

And if you're that new a player, that's just something you have to deal with - there's no rhyme, pattern or reason to any character prizes(besides deadpool daily). I'm not trying to defend D3, just saying how it is.

Depending on your roster, the daken pvp could have easily been out of reach. I went all in on the event only having a ** roster, spent quite a bit of hp on shields and because I knew top 100 was going to be tough. Lost as much as I gained on 2 of my 3 hops. dropped to 102nd place with 20 minutes left so I had to break late to attempt it and promptly lost over 100 pts. Sometimes it IS out of reach...
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Depending on your roster, the daken pvp could have easily been out of reach. I went all in on the event only having a ** roster, spent quite a bit of hp on shields and because I knew top 100 was going to be tough. Lost as much as I gained on 2 of my 3 hops. dropped to 102nd place with 20 minutes left so I had to break late to attempt it and promptly lost over 100 pts. Sometimes it IS out of reach...

There's your problem - you entered PVP before the last hour and spent HP on shields.

Cheat the system. Enter the last hour.

Don't have to worry about shields or retals. Works(almost) every time.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

There's your problem - you entered PVP before the last hour and spent HP on shields.

And where does this typically get you rank-wise?
  • raisinbman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

And where does this typically get you rank-wise?

Read the thread, I got #2 in Black Vortex(which admittedly is a throw away PVP) and #9 in Heavy Metal.

If you still don't understand, is it easier to win in a race of 500 people(maximum PVP bracket) or 200-something?
  • Arimis_Thorn
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry, bad habit of mine icon_e_sad.gif

Very interesting. May have to try this in the next event. Already jumped (weakly) into the KK PVP, but I don't really care about it as I typically score just barely in the top 100 and I already have Hulk Black fully covered, (and he'll be fully covered after the Hulk DPD this week).

Though I'm rank #435 right now. May be worth trying even having started it since I really don't care about the outcome.

EDIT: Oh wait, this wouldn't be a proper test since I'm already in a slice, so I can't possibly get sorted into one of the "mini-slices". Ah well.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

The last hour thing doesn't always work either. I have joined in the last 20 minutes before and got a fresh group and was 25th with a basically 2* maxed characters and I have joined where I am 486th in the group (both these scenarios have happened at 30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute before the end of pvp). I think it is ludicrous that you can try to game the system by joining late and getting the same rewards as others who play for 2-3 days and spend money on shielding, etc. I am not a pvp player so it doesn't make that much of a difference to me as my characters are not pvp worthy yet. If I had multiple max leveled, max covered then I would strictly be pvp and give up on this crazy scaling pve nonsense.
  • Sorry, bad habit of mine icon_e_sad.gif

Very interesting. May have to try this in the next event. Already jumped (weakly) into the KK PVP, but I don't really care about it as I typically score just barely in the top 100 and I already have Hulk Black fully covered, (and he'll be fully covered after the Hulk DPD this week).

Though I'm rank #435 right now. May be worth trying even having started it since I really don't care about the outcome.

It's no problem. Just get tired of repeating myself, lol.

Bud, as of right now there's no benefit to entering a PVP/PVE event EARLIER than you will play it. If you're lucky, you'll get into a later bracket with less hardcore players. I know certain folks enter a PVP early so they can get points then shield, but at our level(2*/2-3* transition) there's no need to worry about that. There's also the fact that when there's very little time(1-3 hours) they have very little time to retaliate and almost no one is shielded(some are).

Although I try not to depend on this strategy, more often than not it results in an easy top 100, if not easy top 50 or higher.
    grunth13 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

The last hour thing doesn't always work either. I have joined in the last 20 minutes before and got a fresh group and was 25th with a basically 2* maxed characters and I have joined where I am 486th in the group (both these scenarios have happened at 30 minute, 45 minute, 60 minute before the end of pvp). I think it is ludicrous that you can try to game the system by joining late and getting the same rewards as others who play for 2-3 days and spend money on shielding, etc. I am not a pvp player so it doesn't make that much of a difference to me as my characters are not pvp worthy yet. If I had multiple max leveled, max covered then I would strictly be pvp and give up on this crazy scaling pve nonsense.

No it doesn't always work - and I've said that. Really it's a roll of the dice. But with some PVPs, top 100 doesn't matter so I'll gamble and do it. Also in my experience it works better than shielding, getting attacked, etc.

Yeah, that's what I mean Grunth. Besides progression prizes, there are no "rules to PVP placement". You could enter a bracket with no one else and automatically get 1st place(unlikely, but I'm sure u get my point). The ones who spend money/shields are the ones who have the ability to consistently place - I sure don't so I have to take what I can get.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options

Bud, as of right now there's no benefit to entering a PVP/PVE event EARLIER than you will play it. If you're lucky, you'll get into a later bracket with less hardcore players. I know certain folks enter a PVP early so they can get points then shield, but at our level(2*/2-3* transition) there's no need to worry about that. There's also the fact that when there's very little time(1-3 hours) they have very little time to retaliate and almost no one is shielded(some are).

Although I try not to depend on this strategy, more often than not it results in an easy top 100, if not easy top 50 or higher.

Given that I'm unlikely to do much better than top 100, typically my thought behind entering early was to fight my way to 300 or 400 points for the token and possibly the HP reward before the big hitters showed up (knowing that waiting until the end is a strategy). Then I'd see how much I could do in "maintenance" fights to keep me near the top 100. It usually works, though it typically does involve spending HP on shields near the end just to get that 1 top 100 cover.

• It's no problem. Just get tired of repeating myself, lol.

Given that I'm unlikely to do much better than top 100, typically my thought behind entering early was to fight my way to 300 or 400 points for the token and possibly the HP reward before the big hitters showed up (knowing that waiting until the end is a strategy). Then I'd see how much I could do in "maintenance" fights to keep me near the top 100. It usually works, though it typically does involve spending HP on shields near the end just to get that 1 top 100 cover.

big hitters show up early, that's how this game works, not late. Well maybe some do but that's like only for lightning rounds
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

big hitters show up early, that's how this game works, not late. Well maybe some do but that's like only for lightning rounds

Really? That has not been my experience. If they did it seems like I would hit the Wall well before hitting 400 points.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Really? That has not been my experience. If they did it seems like I would hit the Wall well before hitting 400 points.

Big hitters have to show up early to farm their points. Sometimes you'll hit a wall, regardless because that's where the 166 crowd decided to call it quits. I haven't seen the 166 wall in quite a while and with the PVP changes who knows.
  • Noob question inbound:

Do taco tokens carry over to future days/rounds? So could I stockpile them for use on a round where there's a better chance of getting a character I want/need?

Thaaaanks
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    andyd151 wrote:
    Noob question inbound:

Do taco tokens carry over to future days/rounds? So could I stockpile them for use on a round where there's a better chance of getting a character I want/need?

Thaaaanks

Yes. a few threads explain it, will post it when i find one.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    andyd151 wrote:
    Noob question inbound:

Thaaaanks
    Yes. Keep in mind that there are basically two stacks of Deadpool tokens. The tokens you don't open in this round will be sent to a stockpile for expired tokens while the next round goes on. After that round finishes, the stockpiled tokens will return to the current rotation. So basically any tokens you save up now will not be of any use in the next round, but will be usable for the characters in the round after that.
    ...It's pretty simple but kind of tricky to explain.