Favorite PVE teams (post 4hor nerf)

Options
2»

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Salgy wrote:
    Thanks everyone who replied... Got some new teams to try out! I saw a lot of grockets suggested... Never really game him much of a chance, might need to pump some ISO into him...

I use Grocket a lot. He's an excellent damage sponge. He's got enough health to soak most attacks, and with his passive true heal, he's soaked 30-40K damage for me in overscaled PvE nodes before. I Gotta Plan is a nice bonus. Works well with the LCap combos mentioned, and also nice in combination with Patch/Loki while you're building up the 9 Green/11 Black to get rolling.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    Salgy wrote:
    Thanks everyone who replied... Got some new teams to try out! I saw a lot of grockets suggested... Never really game him much of a chance, might need to pump some ISO into him...

I use Grocket a lot. He's an excellent damage sponge.
    Best build? By the luck of the token pulls, mine is at 3/5/5... And a pitiful level 90
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Salgy wrote:
    Scoregasms wrote:
    XFist + Blade
    My only problem with this team (and have used it myself), is that you're only really looking for green/black/pink... And completely ignoring the rest of the board...

In the current ISO Brotherhood with Blade boosted this team is crazy fun. For more than 75% of the nodes, the enemy team is also only looking for Green/Black/Purple, so it works out nicely. Fully buffed and boosted attack tiles from Blade's purple are huge damage. I'm doing ~5K per turn from strike + attack tiles alone.

Even with none of those three buffed though, it's still not bad - mostly because the XFist core is pretty strong. Blade will always tank Black though, and when buffed, he tanks everything except green and yellow, so he will take damage. It also suffers from the same "drawback" as fighting seed teams in PvP. It's fast enough that you'll usually take out the enemy team before they can use their powers, but you'll still need to make a few matches, which means you'll at least end up taking a few turns of match damage, which adds up.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,263 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    X-Force / Fury / Hood is my go team for overscaled nodes.

Fury is key here, one demolition takes off 10,000 HP in one shot which comes in handy. X-Force soaks up the damage.
  • morph3us
    Options
    Salgy wrote:
    Best build? By the luck of the token pulls, mine is at 3/5/5... And a pitiful level 90

5/3/5 for how I use him. His green is pretty ordinary, and I'd rather use X-Force's, or LThor's green anyway. Personally, I think 5 yellow is essential for running him up against overscaled nodes, since he needs to be below 2500 health or so before I Am Groot is able to proc. If he's only got 3 or 4 in yellow, he doesn't heal sufficiently to be able to soak another overscaled Headbutt or Onslaught. 5 in yellow is pretty much a full heal from below 2K health back to 10K (obviously a little board dependent, but still).

My rationale behind 5 in blue is firstly that there aren't a lot of good blue users out there, anyway, so he's a good blue outlet. Secondly, his main strength is his staying power, and if you can get some strike tiles out, he's more likely to match damage his way out of trouble. Thirdly, 3 turns on his CD tile is too long (which is 3 covers) even if it is placeable, so you need at least 4 covers in blue.
  • Personally I'm quite liking daken + blade + spiderman and this was even before the 4Thor nerf... That one aside also quite enjoy using mystique + doom + spiderman/bullseye
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Edit: 4or, MMN and likely Mystique too are still extremely good in PvE.
    There are tons of possible teams. I'll only list my favourite _full rainbow_ teams for the sake of brevity.
    Haha, what brevity? Kidding. Pic heavy, video links.
    Note: I almost never run all AP boosts for PvE and try to only use ISO boosts when pressed for time, needing to save healthpacks, etc.

Can take on lvl 395 stuff:
    1) XF/4or + Loki or GSBW or oBW or MMN or IF - easy, XF and 4or are the powerhouses and just want support on purple. Extremely powerful and versatile. Can use cMags over 4or for non-stop cascades.
    uKoq0lZl.png
    2) Lazy Cap/Hood + GSBW or Squirrel Girl or soon to be Kamala Khan - versatile, can dispatch goons and characters alike.
    FM4RBmIl.png
    3) GSBW/Mohawk/classic Magneto - cascades till tomorrow, super versatile as well. Can run 4or over cMags for more sheer power.
    mmcnhMIl.png
    cMags/GSBW/Mohawk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7tnpL0nIy0

4) XF/Mystique/Deadpool, XF/Mystique/MMN - winfinite lives on! Haven't played Mystique since the balance changes yet, but should be more or less the same. Naysayers can go cry themselves a river.

5) Patch/Elektra/Spider-Man: when it works, it works beautifully. Can use Mystique over Spidey but Spidey offers true rainbow. cMags shouldn't be terrible either. The main thing is to rush Berserker into Double Double Cross.
    3tJHAkvl.png
    Patch/Elektra/Spider-Man - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KotXW4Weglg

Can take on lvl 200-300 stuff or is a bit too board-reliant for 395s:
    1) Patch/oBW or Daredevil + Cyclops or Black Panther or Hood or Luke Cage, etc... Can use Gamora and lazy Thor over Patch, they are tanky. Patch/Daredevil/Hood, Patch/Daredevil/Cyclops, Gamora/Luke Cage/oBW, etc, etc...
    Gamora/Hood/oBW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_93LAAvvU

2) Blade/Grocket/Lazy Thor - powerful, not very good against goons except green tile ones due to no stun, delay or board clear (Grocket green maybe but having it at 4+ covers is gimping his yellow or blue). Don't worry, they just overpower everything usually.

3) classic Storm/MMN + Hood or Luke Cage or Colossus or Black Panther or 2* Miss Marvel: Windstorm after Windstorm. Luke offers more power and match damage protection, Colossus can throw Storm into some free Windstorms and Lightning Storms. MMN red + Hood black = very nice! Can take on lvl 395 stuff when cStorm or MMN or both are buffed. MMN has been balanced... But I wouldn't call it a strict nerf!
    G0Bpj8ol.png
    AiG4GR4l.png
    Colossus/Stormneto - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVVKrqnkAc

4) XF/Daredevil/Loki - extreme fun. Play a mini-game of 'don't use XF abilities to win, just have yourself an Ambush-palooza'.
    ADocRvPl.png
    5) semi-random teams that work:
    Captain Marvel/Nick Fury/Human Torch
    Cyclops/Grocket/Falcon
    Daken/Lazy Thor/Blade,
    Cyclops/Daredevil + GSBW or Iron Fist or Squirrel Girl or Kamala Khan, etc, etc.
    Banana non-rainbow teams: Cyclops/Daredevil/MMN. Can run 4or instead of DD.
    Hulk/cStorm/MMN: Hulk angry, then cStorm angry. Must have 5 green for cStorm.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sexfist is the real thing.

So. many. cascades.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Salgy wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    Salgy wrote:

I use Grocket a lot. He's an excellent damage sponge.

3/5/5 isn't really bad at all. You need to be much more careful with it, but it still works. I used that for a long time. I literally just got my 4th yellow the other day and I'm going to just stay with 4/4/5 (80% of the time 4 yellows gets him to full or near enough).
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    for the sake of brevity... Haha, what brevity? Kidding. Pic heavy, video links.
    you weren't kidding icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Edit: 4or, MMN and likely Mystique too are still extremely good in PvE.
    i actually have found myself using 4hor against rags, alot... i will let him get off a few lightning rods & then surge/smite... it's like he's helping me icon_lol.gif
    4) XF/Mystique/Deadpool,
    this is one of my all-time favorite combos... just took on DDQ with this this morning (i feel i owe it to Deadpool to use him in his daily, and it is like an alarm clock to not forget to get my Deadpool points for super whales)
  • I just cleaned up a bunch with XForce/Laken/Blade. Leave red alone to just keep building strike tiles.
  • morph3us
    Options
    sc0ville wrote:
    3/5/5 isn't really bad at all. You need to be much more careful with it, but it still works. I used that for a long time. I literally just got my 4th yellow the other day and I'm going to just stay with 4/4/5 (80% of the time 4 yellows gets him to full or near enough).

Yeah, I was running 4/4/5 for a long time, because that's how the covers dropped for me too. It does work about 80% of the time, as you say, but the AI tends to favour matching TU tiles, and the board can run a little dry, so I prefer 5/3/5 for that reason.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch/Blade/Hood - high level non Goon
    Patch/Blade/OBW - Goon
    Patch/Blade/Cage - low level non Goon
  • I use xforce cage loki for non goons and xforce blade hood on goons.

Cage is a ridiculous character.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    NC-17, Dormy'sPawn, blah blah blah...

Is there a glossary where I can translate these names into actual names in the game? I'm guessing NC-17 is Ex force, I ran with sissors is P@tch... Dormy's Pawn? not sure. Or any of the other ones really.