Favorite PVE teams (post 4hor nerf)

Options
Salgy
Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Starting this thread because I am finding it difficult this pve to find a team I am confident in when going in to battle with the uber-buffed dark avengers... Prior to the nerf, I would go in with xforce & 4hor + any character who was still alive, and with boosts would feel confident that I had a 90% chance of winning... Now, not so much... I guess what I have realized was that I had so much faith in the xhor duo, that I don't even really know who pairs well with each other, in terms of a 3 character team... So I pose the following question to the fora;

Who are your favorite (most trusted & reliable) 3 character teams?!?

Comments

• konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mstorm and patch.

Hailstorm into beserker ended matches

Xforce and deadpool to destroy high healths like hulk and devil dino
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch/Hood/Loki
    Patch/Groot/Loki
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mstorm and patch.

Let's see... 2k for the beserker rage, then 1.5k match damage, then maybe another 2.5k on the halstorm, ... so against a 22k juggs, am 18k Ares, and a 15k moonstone, when you say it "ended matches", I've got to assume you mean you quickly lost.
  • Xforce | CMAGS | IF/Loki/Hood

Light the board up nonstop and leave nothing standing.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    Salgy, we have very similar rosters and our scaling is pretty much the same, I've found that XFist + Blade has been pretty good honestly, lots of Thirst Tiles and Fist's Attack Tile plus a few of Blade's and it's around 3-4K a turn, usually get that going after XF takes one down (usually Juggs). 4hor still is pretty good though in PVE I've found honestly, she doesn't quite pack the firepower as before and I usually have to wait for a lot more AP before I can get her going (i.e. 2 Power Surges and a ready to match Red AP on the board), but paired with Loki who can really slow them down and help to accelerate her need to really have a lot of AP stored up, it's been working out for the most part.

I'm now a big fan of your boy Blade, lol.
  • Prof X and any expendable strike tile generator or protect tile generator (Rocket & Groot, Daken, Berserk TU). Generate strike tiles and have Prof hide in a little corner buffing strike tiles until they are 2k or so (by this time the enemies are dead meat).
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    For goons (and even with a barry or two) up to almost any level - lvl 150 for sure:

Falcon/Blade/Laken (often take out falcon or blade for LThor)

For non goon nodes if I don't use some version of that combo I'll try winifite for kicks and it sill sorta works, but it's a half-frustrating novelty.

Otherwise, I've taken down lvl 250 teams with Patch/Laken/ Loki and finished without a scratch on more than one occasion.

Prior to Loki I would use Patch/BP/LCap.

When things are very hairy xforce/cmags/hood.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My go to team in PvE is icon_blade.pngicon_rocket.pngicon_falcon.png

Strike & attack tiles generation which get boosted here & there during the match on top of some good damage attacks and some good defensive abilities like getting rid of countdown tiles or generating protect tiles if required. The match damage really adds up fast... icon_cool.gif

The combination is especially effective in survival mode...the last wave never stands a chance! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Xforce/Laken/Cap
    Xforce/Laken or Cap / Hood or Hulk

In the current PvE sub Patch as needed.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For survival, I have been running falcon+BP+LThor. Lots of boosted strike/shield tiles, plus good single-target damage, plus two good AoE's. Slow to get started, but I have done many without taking any damage.
  • My go to PVE, for the past few months, I haven't seen anyone bring up in any threads I've seen.

Cmags/punisher/Falcon

As long as the first layout gets me some blues and yellows quickly, I can take the DPD marathon in under 1000 damage to all 3.

For the uber buffs, I've been using my PVP team of XF/Deadpool/Hood, deadpool took some pretty major hurt but xf and hood both needed less than 10 min recovery.

I by no means claim to be an expert player, however. Thoughts?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mstorm and patch.

Xforce and deadpool to destroy high healths like hulk and devil dino

Unless DP is boosted he actually sucks pretty bad against high health targets. 20k+ Hulk is only being hit for 3300 per ALotT and **** out an anger tile each time. Strike tiles help but you don't want those against Hulk unless you have him stunned.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the most part, I'm using Grocket-LThor-Loki (sub Blade for Loki on essential) and XForce-LCap-OBW. The latter for the harder levels, especially goons. Easier goons I'll go to the ol' Blade-Daken-Falcon combo.

XForce-Magneto-Loki, Patch-Grocket-Cage/Cyclops, Patch-Cage-Doom are others I've thrown out there with success.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Rags, MN Mags, and C Storm. Just use Rag's red, Mag's purple (which also creates more red for Rags), and the next thing you know, you're swimming in blue for Storm to stunwipe everyone.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm using XF/Cage/Hood for non-goon nodes in this pve. Hood comes out clean, but I just can't stop Ares from getting at least one ability off. Patch/Blade/Falcon tears goons up like you wouldn't believe.

Edit: I forgot to mention my DDQ killer. BP/Daken/Fist. Rage of The Panther always ready to go for waves 2 & 4, no health lost.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like using Falcon, *** Captain America, and Punisher/Lazy Daken/Blade/Black Panther. You have strike, protect, and attack tiles, and Falcon sits in the back inspiring them to crazy levels.
    For the Deadpool Daily's final survival node, I'll usually bring something similar to the above. Falcon is always there though - He's one of my favorite characters, and it's a fun mini game to see how high I can get a given strike, protect, or attack tile. I think my record is 1,436 on a nicely hidden strike tile. I am looking to some day, in the distant future, running Falcon with Professor X and giggling at the ridiculous tiles that might ensue.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Patch + Hulk + CStorm: High damage one time use team to take down ultra hard node. This can go either way but it's fun times.

XF/Mags/Hood: Standard strong synergy team

Black Panther / Groot / Hood : A slow team that works best with AP boosts. Lots of strike tile damage, great health pool, strong survival and ideally finish with big AoE.

Patch/Loki/(other): Universally good combo team. Just do whatever you can to keep the duo alive and their green+black should end the game.

Fury/XF/Hood: Assuming your Fury is 553 build than this is a great scaled node team with ISO boosts.

Daken/Xavier/XF: Excellent build for a 5 purple Xavier

Captain America / XF / Hood: Pretty much my go to super scaled team killer. Captain America is an all star at taking down level 395 teams. He just needs to live long enough to go online. XF isn't even vital in this team...sub him out with anyone who will take a beating while you build up Cap. Luke Cage for example.

XF / 4Thor / Hood: I run 553 Thor build and she works fine for quite a few battles in PvE especially as a damage sponge who cleans up Ares CD tiles icon_razz.gif

Patch / Blade / Falcon or Daken/Blade/Falcon are my go to for all goon nodes. I've tried replacing Falcon with Xavier but no luck. You need falcon's blue for consistency.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    For general nodes, I probably go with XF/Laken/Deadpool. While Deadpool's red isn't very powerful, six red is easy to pull. And I slowly build up purple to launch a big whale if necessary.

For goon nodes, I go with XF/Rogers/OBW. The boys tank dmg while OBW slowly builds colors to start a big chain with aggressive recon setting up attacks.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone who replied... Got some new teams to try out! I saw a lot of grockets suggested... Never really game him much of a chance, might need to pump some ISO into him...

As an add on, I played some with patch/cyclops/laken & it was awesome... Cyclops was able to hide behind the father/son duo & there was a great synergy to the team
    Scoregasms wrote:
    XFist + Blade
    My only problem with this team (and have used it myself), is that you're only really looking for green/black/pink... And completely ignoring the rest of the board...
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Daken/Blade/LThor for me. There's exactly one active ability in every color, so there's no competition, and with Daken and Thor tanking most everything, I've found it's quite sustainable. Fun as all hell too!