*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• Unity wrote:
    I dont think spidey needs a nerf, I only have him at 1/1/1 and i rarely see him in tournaments. I noticed that people with high level spiderman and maxed powers only use him in events (hulk/ares) to fight the 100+ missions, which isnt a bad thing. My spiderman is useless so its like i dont even have him. He just doesn't appear enough to get nerf or "changed".And on the most part i avoid fighting people with spidey and aston-wolverine . . I would just skip it and fight someone with no stun. I have a easier time taking out spiderman than venom. I think it's charcters with much worst powers (moonstone,bagman,etc) that need a huge rearrangement .

You see him much more often on the upper end of the matchmaking rating, on teams that previously would have also had high level Ragnarok.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Unity wrote:
    I dont think spidey needs a nerf, I only have him at 1/1/1 and i rarely see him in tournaments. I noticed that people with high level spiderman and maxed powers only use him in events (hulk/ares) to fight the 100+ missions, which isnt a bad thing. My spiderman is useless so its like i dont even have him. He just doesn't appear enough to get nerf or "changed".And on the most part i avoid fighting people with spidey and aston-wolverine . . I would just skip it and fight someone with no stun. I have a easier time taking out spiderman than venom. I think it's charcters with much worst powers (moonstone,bagman,etc) that need a huge rearrangement .

You see him much more often on the upper end of the matchmaking rating, on teams that previously would have also had high level Ragnarok.

Yeah I know I see him when im ranked 1-20 more in tournaments because of the rubber banding system. Like how points stay the same or decrease but teams are higher and better.
  • Since they are going to do some kind of change on spidey, I'd figure I would offer a suggestion on a way they could do so while still maintaining the unique flavor of spidey.

Old blue for 2 ap allowed for him to stun, but the cheap cost to ability made it quite the spammable ability, leading to a perm stunned team, and an unbelievably broken healing mechanic. What I propose is the following:

Blue- Passive
    Web Shot
    If spiderman is at the forefront of your team at the beginning of the turn, 1 yellow Web tile is generated if there is more than 5 yellow basic tiles.

Rank 2: Also stuns current target for 1 turn.
    Rank 3: Web tile is generated if there are more than 4 basic yellow tiles.
    Rank 4: Stuns target for 2 turns.
    Rank 5: Web tile is generated if there is more than 3 basic yellow tiles.

This way, he still is able to stun, although not permanently keep the opposing team from moving. It also keeps his Web bandages in check, without having to nerf the amount healed, and still generates Web tiles to be used for his defense tiles as well.

Just an idea.
  • I guess for his current build, it's good to go for 4/5/4 instead of 3/5/5 as the it's his webtile that made his protection tile stronger - without a any tiles, he's not that strong in protecting the team.

So having 3 protection tiles @ level 4 is consider good enough plus a lower healing ap @ 10. (By the time you have done your stun web - it's definitely strong enough to get it @ L4)
    But I guess, they might be pushing additional tiles @ L5 instead of L4. Additional 25% doesn't do much but having extra protection does reduce alot of damages.

Definitely a huge differences once I start to play him with a L3 Healing ability, it's seem to me that taking 10Y is much easier compare to 11Y, with 4 match tiles + 2x turn 3 yellow. I should be easier to get it.

For now, I just now hope that his nerf won't be costing too much difference based on his currently ability but one thing for sure - he's currently the strongest character after Rag nerfed.

I didn't notice how strong is he till I play him, however he must match with the right characters to have the max potential he can do the team. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I hope that when they bring his blue in line with their "nothing below 5 AP' guidelines, they do something to counteract the fact that everything else for him relies on the spamability of web tiles. (would a whole team stun for 5 AP be too out of line with venom's whole team stun for 7, given the relative stars?)
  • Spam stun + 50tile protect per turn.

This character cannot get nerfed any faster.
  • For Spiderman, I'd suggest make it so that his stun generates 2 web tiles for 5 blue AP at level 5.

For the yellow I'd suggest make it prevent next X damage done to each character (based on number of web tiles). That way there would be a reason to want 5 yellow so you can cast it early enough to matter.
  • Agree.

But i don't know how to handle those lvl 240 dark avengers if i don't have spiderman.
  • And these kind of threads are why no one can have nice things anymore......
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    And these kind of threads are why no one can have nice things anymore......

Believe me..I wouldn't have said a word if people didnt whined their way to nerf my 110 rag and 110 magneto to dirt.
  • Common wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Believe me..I wouldn't have said a word if people didnt whined their way to nerf my 110 rag and 110 magneto to dirt.

Mags not nerfd yet but keep it up um sure the more you belly ache about anything stronger then bagman that eventually bagman will be the best and then get his to so that Yelena actually then becomes viable :p
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Common wrote:
    Spam stun + 50tile protect per turn.

This character cannot get nerfed any faster.

When you need to use hyperbole to make your point you don't have much of a point.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:

Nuff said. Just because whiners cant afford they just complains n complains till they get their ways. So what's the point gamers pays n spend their time leveling up the heroes again devs?
  • For class power gap, right now I would say its Thor...he has like 1000hp more than any other 2* tank and 2000hp more than any squishy...he almost has the same health as spiderman who is 60 lvls above him. The au controlling spiderman isn't that great...just take the blues and that's it, whereas ai Thor...unless u can burst him down, he will still get at least one thunderclap off. So far they haven't nerfed hit points for any char, but I really think Thor needs to go down at least 1000hp to captain America's lvl...speaking of the cap, he needs a big rework!
  • nope. not op at all.why?because he is technical character. only useful to slow down opponent not overpowering him. try the hunt ares 240. still need to be cautious when using him. wrong move and died. battle with spiderman usually safe but take a long time to win. if his partner died, spiderman is practically crippled, he can not do enough damage to kill opponent fast enough.sooo...nope, he is not over power. the fastest win before nerfed are using classic storm, and ragnarok, that's what u call true terror.
  • Spiderman brings nothing in terms of damage, that's already a HUGE handicap.
    His blue needs to be toned down a little, but I hope they don't mess it up like the previous nerfs, cause he's all about it.
  • I hope Spidey doesn't get nerfed too badly, he is a backbone for most of my teams. Truly a stellar support character. He brings AoE healing, cheap stun, and nice defensive boosts at the cost of offense. He is the reason some of the crazy over-leveled PvE fights started to feel doable for me. I hope we don't lose the healing ability, even if they nerf it a bit. I imagine they might be more concerned with the "enough blue tiles? You're now guaranteed to win!" aspect of the character.

I guess what I like most about Spidey is he's a top tier character that is more control oriented instead of just being a huge damage dealer and/or tank. I don't want to lose that and fall down the trap of all-out aggro being the only viable strategy.
  • I wouldn't exactly call Spidey OP like Rags was, as Rags on his own could take down an entire enemy team in next to no time. Spidey has no real damage output at all, and while he can stun people, it's nowhere near as OP as Rags used to be. Also, even though you can stun the opposition team, you're still reliant on Blue matches to keep it going. That doesn't always happen, meaning the stuns run out and Spidey's lack of offense starts to show through.

I imagine they'll nerf his stun and bring it back to 5AP at level 5, and maybe reduce the amount of healing he does per web tile. If they do that, he'll still be a very useful character IMO.
  • It took me three months of continuous play to get enough covers/ISO to bring Spiderman to a respectable level. If you nerf all the characters that are actually strong and effective, what's the point in playing at all?

This game already has enough 'dull knives', leave us a few carving knives to play with.

It's not like Spiderman was broken like Ragnorak was. Rag could help you win battles in less than 1 minute. Winning with a Spidey team takes much longer than that.
  • While I fully expect spidey to get changed, anything more than changing his blue to 3ap would be too far in my mind. I too have joked that they would raise it to 5ap but if they really did, he is virtually useless in big fights and only mildly useful in all other instances as 15ap for 3 total stuns would just prove that their goal here is to make sure every team is damaged in every fight so you speed up use of your health packs.