*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:
    A lot of these suggestions seem to revolve around gaining more green AP reinforcing her role as a one trick pony. Buff her to 6800 health and tweak her red. Green and purple are already great damage dealers, reduce the cost of red, increase the number of shots, keeping them targeted but reducing the area. Something along the lines of 10 AP for 5 2x2 shots. Low damage but a great special tile sweeper.

If by a lot you mean... 1? Originally I said her red should just do damage for tiles broken a la The Hood. A passive that generates AP is just an alternate idea.

Purple is not a great damage dealer, it deals no damage. It's a feeder to green. And green is just... weird. Why the hell does a sniper rifle hit the whole team? Why does the area change, they power's effect change, and the cost change at 5 covers? That's why I propose it should just be a single target over nuke. Kills 6800s dead.

Wow, just reread everything and you're right just one. If you place the tiles correctly purple easily does 1K damage before cascades. When you're almost always going to follow it with sniper or another powerful green I'd say it's damage is just fine for a secondary power.
  • Avoid would work better with nightcrawler who teleports out of the way of damage
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I'd personally like to see a countdown tile, akin to Mystique's, that when active causes Sniper rifle to outright kill the target. This would end up being something that would require 25+ap to accomplish, so I don't think it would be over-powered.

The bottom line is Grey suit is terrible and needs to be fixed. She was my second full covered 3star (Punisher was my first) and as of today, Day 407 for me, she sits at level 100.
  • Trilateralus
    Aidonis wrote:
    I'd personally like to see a countdown tile, akin to Mystique's, that when active causes Sniper rifle to outright kill the target. This would end up being something that would require 25+ap to accomplish, so I don't think it would be over-powered.

The bottom line is Grey suit is terrible and needs to be fixed. She was my second full covered 3star (Punisher was my first) and as of today, Day 407 for me, she sits at level 100.

I want to say she's not terrible. I want to, but I cant. She was one of my early characters as well and I only use her if she's boosted.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Boosted is a double edged sword with her. The damage is great, but she tanks everything. I've had her die many a time in boosted events without firing a single shot.
  • Trilateralus
    That would be more of a problem for me if I had her maxed. I've been running her with Patch/Loki for PVP so she only tanks purple. Surprised how well she's been doing in the Hunt though, I've paired her with BP/LCap and I've been destroying nodes with very little damage.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Aidonis wrote:

I want to say she's not terrible. I want to, but I cant. She was one of my early characters as well and I only use her if she's boosted.

A lot of people wanna say her greens damage per ap is really good. But what does that matter. Convience is Wat really matters she is terrible.
    I know she is one of the earlier characters so the devs didn't give her to much thought. But they really need to realize that low health characters like her need a super power they can blast off and a good passive to accommodate there low health( ap steal, ap generate, stuns, cheap protect tiles, or a more character specific passi e like cstorm.) honestly u can't believe she wasn't mentioned as a character that needed to be reworked. She needs it even more than MStorm imo.
    The list stands in order like this

Invisible Woman
    Gsbw
    Spiderman( I think he's fine. His HEAL could be better)
    Doc Oct
    Beast( good concept, bad execution)
    Storm( green power needs to go back to the old days, 16 ap destroyed ) the yellow got a huge nerf when it became 9ap why did the green?
    She hulk ( ughh she really isn't even that bad. Her huge health is always a plus, her red is good. Blue is ok. But yes her green is trash).

Other than these everyone is and would be fine.

Gsbw needs it more than any other character how could the devs over look her?
  • Trilateralus
    Aidonis wrote:

A lot of people wanna say her greens damage per ap is really good. But what does that matter. Convience is Wat really matters she is terrible.
    I know she is one of the earlier characters so the devs didn't give her to much thought. But they really need to realize that low health characters like her need a super power they can blast off and a good passive to accommodate there low health( ap steal, ap generate, stuns, cheap protect tiles, or a more character specific passi e like cstorm.) honestly u can't believe she wasn't mentioned as a character that needed to be reworked. She needs it even more than MStorm imo.
    The list stands in order like this

Invisible Woman
    Gsbw
    Spiderman( I think he's fine. His HEAL could be better)
    Doc Oct
    Beast( good concept, bad execution)
    Storm( green power needs to go back to the old days, 16 ap destroyed ) the yellow got a huge nerf when it became 9ap why did the green?
    She hulk ( ughh she really isn't even that bad. Her huge health is always a plus, her red is good. Blue is ok. But yes her green is trash).

Other than these everyone is and would be fine.

Gsbw needs it more than any other character how could the devs over look her?

The only way to make Spider-Man's heal better is to get rid of it and give him a move that makes some sense for the character.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Does anyone know what level a GSBW has to be to hide behind Wolverine (Patch)? This is when she is boosted past 166.
  • Nylarx wrote:
    Does anyone know what level a GSBW has to be to hide behind Wolverine (Patch)? This is when she is boosted past 166.
    Due to the change they did a while back as to how match damage scales with level, assuming you have a level 166 Patch, he will always tank for her when matching green, no matter the level of your GSBW. I'm not sure about red but I think it's the same thing since red is Patch's 2nd highest match color and only GSBW's 3rd.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Sweet. Though I was wondering about Blue, as I noticed my 189 after buffed Gsbw still only had 12 attk in blue. This is only important since my third member is Loki, who hides behind Patch as long as he is first.
  • I'm just waiting for the Devs to nerf GSBW when they realize her potential with Professor Xavier with 5 Blue. I can frequently (no numbers but it feels like >90%) get two match 5's with her purple ability. If purple is the strongest team color, Deceptive Tactics is almost ready to fire again (+8 purple AP from Master Plan) and a mostly loaded Sniper Rifle. If green is the strongest team color, a guaranteed Sniper Rifle. Depending on team build and Xavier's ability, it could be +8000 damage to an individual with Master Plan and almost 4000 damage to the team with Sniper Rifle for only 11 purple AP.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Lerysh wrote:
    And green is just... weird. Why the hell does a sniper rifle hit the whole team?

I'm guessing the thinking is something like this: she's constantly circling the battlefield until she can line up all 3 members in her sights (the skill description mentions piercing ammo). The high green cost represents how long it takes her to do this, aim her rifle, etc.

Totally agree that her red needs to be replaced with some kind of passive to make up for her low health.
  • konannfriends
    Lerysh wrote:
    And green is just... weird. Why the hell does a sniper rifle hit the whole team?

I'm guessing the thinking is something like this: she's constantly circling the battlefield until she can line up all 3 members in her sights (the skill description mentions piercing ammo). The high green cost represents how long it takes her to do this, aim her rifle, etc.

Totally agree that her red needs to be replaced with some kind of passive to make up for her low health.

THE THING I FIND HILARIOUS IS THE FACT THAT SHES ALWAYS BEEN TERRIBLE BUT NO ONE HAS EVER REALLY POINTED IT OUT.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    gsBW is a great character that has just fallen behind the power creep. She has been pretty great on offense up until the X-Force rework. He was basically given a better priced Sniper Rifle with less precision. Since then, I think people just see her as an expensive X-Force greenflag.png that requires her purpleflag.png ability to use. Oh well, if that's what you think, then at least you can still use her purpleflag.png ability to fuel some newer character.

If the Devs ever rework her, they should keep her role in the game. She has precision board control like no one else. All three of her abilities allow the player to precisely change the board. Not everyone appreciates it, but that's her niche. With 50+ characters in the game, its nice that some of them are different in some way.

Trading Pistols for Avoid destroys her role in the game. If you're not using her redflag.png to create crits, gain AP, and remove special tiles, then you're not doing it right. Its priced high because the Devs expected people to do useful things with it. I suppose not that many people play the game like that. But hey, 8 redtile.png AP for Pistols sounds good to me!

Do what Lerysh said and she'll fair better in PvP. Unfortunately, her purpleflag.png will probably lose its precision tile replacement for other reasons, but maybe the AI will be better for it. As it is, she excels in PvE and you should try her out more to see what she can do.
  • konannfriends
    gsBW is a great character that has just fallen behind the power creep. She has been pretty great on offense up until the X-Force rework. He was basically given a better priced Sniper Rifle with less precision. Since then, I think people just see her as an expensive X-Force greenflag.png that requires her purpleflag.png ability to use. Oh well, if that's what you think, then at least you can still use her purpleflag.png ability to fuel some newer character.

If the Devs ever rework her, they should keep her role in the game. She has precision board control like no one else. All three of her abilities allow the player to precisely change the board. Not everyone appreciates it, but that's her niche. With 50+ characters in the game, its nice that some of them are different in some way.

Trading Pistols for Avoid destroys her role in the game. If you're not using her redflag.png to create crits, gain AP, and remove special tiles, then you're not doing it right. Its priced high because the Devs expected people to do useful things with it. I suppose not that many people play the game like that. But hey, 8 redtile.png AP for Pistols sounds good to me!

Do what Lerysh said and she'll fair better in PvP. Unfortunately, her purpleflag.png will probably lose its precision tile replacement for other reasons, but maybe the AI will be better for it. As it is, she excels in PvE and you should try her out more to see what she can do.

A pericion power that cost 15 red ap is useless by the time you get that her 5950 will be gone
    but now that you say that i guess you are right she is good and destroying the board ..... if you get the right cascade icon_lol.gif

storm is miles better thsn gsbw and storm sucks. but storm runs circles around her in board control.even with her powers randomness
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    It's not looking too good for Black Widow (Grey Suit). She's starting to show her age, as newer, more powerful heroes are taking her place in the Avengers lineup.

Worse, Professor X is now threatening to destroy her completely. That’s ok, because Black Widow doesn’t just employ Deceptive Tactics to defeat her enemies, she’s also pretty good with a gun.

In this Avengers vs. X-men scenario, Black Widow is the last woman standing. Professor X and his X-men mistakenly think that they've already won.

Colossus arrogantly stands over Widow's sniper rifle like an Immovable Object. Behind him is Wolverine, healing from multiple gunshot wounds toward Recovery. And behind him, Professor X has let down his guard, thinking that he is safe with two X-men between him and the Black Widow. This will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Using the board below show how Black Widow earns 19 greentile.png AP to get her Sniper Rifle back and to end these noobs with a single round of "piercing ammo."

There is more than one solution and both puzzles can be solved with a single solution.

Black Widow is at max level and built 5/3/5 (of course). She has 1 HP and 14 redtile.png AP. Professor X and his X-men have less than 3900 HP each.
    If the X-men get another turn, it’s game over.

The best answer is one that virtually guarantees Victory. Assume that no unexpected critical tiles are created from the top of the board. Describe any tile movements, abilities that you would use, and how much greentile.png AP is gained.

[Easy]
    icon_blackwidow.png with 1HP and 14 redtile.png AP Vs. icon_colossus_new.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_professorx.png with less than 3900 HP each.
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 greentile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    2 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.png
    3 yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    4 purpletile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    5 bluetile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 greentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    7 greentile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    8 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngpurpletile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.png

[Hard] See if your solution can solve for this puzzle as well. Same board and rules except with Immovable Object (D3) and Recovery (D5) tiles.
    icon_blackwidow.png with 1HP and 14 redtile.png AP Vs. icon_colossus_new.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_professorx.png with less than 3900 HP each.
    ==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 greentile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    2 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.png
    3 yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngprotect.pngtutile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    4 purpletile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    5 bluetile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngprotect.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngtutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 greentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    7 greentile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    8 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngpurpletile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.png

Level 3 Pistol destroys 2x3 tiles. Costs 14 redtile.png AP. Aim like this:
    trap.pnggreentile.png
    greentile.pnggreentile.png
    greentile.pnggreentile.png

Ability stats for a 5/3/5 Black Widow.
    :blackwidow:
    Sniper Rifle - Green 19 greentile.png
    Black Widow uses an accurate, long range rifle to shoot a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. She deals damage for each tile destroyed and an additional 355 damage to the current target.
    Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 greentile.png.
    Max Level: 3912 + tile damage
    Pistol - Red 14 redtile.png
    Black Widow fires 2 shots at the board, clearing a block of tiles, dealing damage for each tile and additional damage to the current target. Does not generate AP.
    Level 3: Target size increased, destroying 2x3 tiles. Costs 14 redtile.png.
    Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 purpletile.png
    Black Widow eliminates potential enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 6 basic color tiles (except for Green) into Green tiles.
  • Easy puzzle
    D4 to D5 : +4 Green AP
    Leads to match 4s in columns B, G and H, each generating another 5 green AP. Colums G and H also generate a crit tile giving an additional turn.

Sniper Rifle them to death.
  • konannfriends
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Easy puzzle
    D4 to D5 : +4 Green AP
    Leads to match 4s in columns B, G and H, each generating another 5 green AP

Sniper Rifle them to death.

this scenatio wont happen often at all. her red cost to much, i guess this is a nice way to say hoe useful the red can be?

either way as long as her red still cost more than 10 ap shes trash
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Fire the two pistol shots at A8, and D3. Using icon_mrgreen.gif to show which greens get gathered on cascade.

==A==B==C==D==E==F==G==H
    1 greentile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngredtile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    2 blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.giftutile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.png
    3 yellowtile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngprotect.pngtutile.pngtutile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    4 purpletile.pngicon_mrgreen.gifyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    5 bluetile.pngbluetile.pngicon_mrgreen.gifprotect.pnggreentile.pngicon_mrgreen.giftutile.pngblacktile.png
    6 greentile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    7 icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gifblacktile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngtutile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    8 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pngicon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gifblacktile.pngpurpletile.pngtutile.pngbluetile.png

Sniper Rifle