Tournaments themes/ideas

Whereas I am sure Developers still have plenty new tournaments planned (though on the other hand we have Venom for second time), I bet collectively we can come up with some really cool ideas that Developers haven't even dreamt of icon_mrgreen.gif
  1. Male/Female Shikao, OP
    All members of your team must be male or female. However, for female one we should wait till we get one or two more characters. It could also serve as theme for Lighting tournament - one round male, one round female
  2. Equalizer Shikao, OP
    All characters are brought to the same level for this tournament, but talent points stay normal for each player. I think level 40 would be good, cause it's valid for all characters. However, no one says we can't have level 100 icon_e_wink.gif
  3. Skills exclusion Shikao, OP
    Certain type of skills (e.g. colour, stunning, passive, etc) is excluded from tournament and thus characters having them cannot be chosen.
    Green exclusion would be interesting without Storms, Thor, Ragnarok...
  4. Limited Stars Mutant Avenger, Link
    I'd like to see a tournament set a star limit. Like, you're limited to a total of 5 stars and could choose one 3-star and two 1-star characters, or two 2-star and one 1-star, or **** yourself to two characters like a 4-star and a 1-star.
  5. Limited levels MissMarvelBoobs, Link
    Similar to stars, but levels are limiting factor instead.
    also ther is max total level cap of the team.let's say max120-150 level cause' it's reaaally hard to beat enemy team with 100+ level each. 70+ each is already devastating.
So what are your ideas for tournaments?

I will try to keep this post updated, so we will have all of them in one place icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• I think there should be a tournament that limits the use of the skip function. You can only skip 3 times for each of the 5 bubbles. A loss also counts as a skip. It's a tournament to see who can accumulate the most points. Losing does not deduct points. Points awarded are based on the total level of the opponent and not how many points they currently have. So once you use up all your chances, that's your final score.

I think this type of tournament would feel like a puzzle. You would face opponents that you would normally skip. It would make you think a little on how to beat the other teams. It might give the more casual player a better chance too. I think this would be fun.
  • I would love to see story arcs from actual comics, Days of Future Past for example. Would be great to line it up with the movie coming out.
  • aldeth84 wrote:
    I think there should be a tournament that limits the use of the skip function.
    That would be terrible, and would limit participation to people who spend loads of this game.
  • dont like the limit skip but other ideas sound good. limiting skip puts you at the mercy of the rng giving you matches. i might get a lot of 5pts instead of searching out the 20pts more appropriate to my ranking. it would become more luck based even though your intent is more skill based
  • I'd like to see a tournament set a star limit. Like, you're limited to a total of 5 stars and could choose one 3-star and two 1-star characters, or two 2-star and one 1-star, or **** yourself to two characters like a 4-star and a 1-star.

I'd also love to see a good-guys vs. bad-guys tournament, where you're forced to choose a side and then you're limited to using heroes or villains and fight teams on the other side. (Probably need some more villain covers for this.)
  • I'd like to see a tournament set a star limit. Like, you're limited to a total of 5 stars and could choose one 3-star and two 1-star characters, or two 2-star and one 1-star, or **** yourself to two characters like a 4-star and a 1-star.

I'd also love to see a good-guys vs. bad-guys tournament, where you're forced to choose a side and then you're limited to using heroes or villains and fight teams on the other side. (Probably need some more villain covers for this.)

good idea. also ther is max total level cap of the team.let's say max120-150 level cause' it's reaaally hard to beat enemy team with 100+ level each. 70+ each is already devastating.
  • Star and levels limits added to list.

Limited skips need some more work. I guess points for victory would have to vary much less or even be constant for that, but then newer players wouldn't stand a chance in it. So I would say it wouldn't really work on its on, but I reckon when combined with some other idea (e.g. star or levels limit), it could give an interesting twist to tournament.