*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• You have a maxed Spidey. I wouldn't say you have a perfect one.
  • I was planning on doing 3/5/5 myself but who knows icon_e_wink.gif Not a huge priority for me right now.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    I was planning on doing 3/5/5 myself but who knows icon_e_wink.gif Not a huge priority for me right now.

I'd recommend it. I'm only at 3/5/4 myself right now, but man. Watching level 200 villains do 1 point of damage? A level 200 thunderclap doing 7? That's awesome. And that's without the extra 25% boost the 5th purple cover gives.
  • my lv 110 spidey is 5/5/3 and he is fine. i had 5 in yellow before they added the purple ability. it hasnt been a huge deal for me gameplay wise with spidey @ 5/5/3.

and we have no idea what spidey will look like after they change him up...so congrats on having hit ur ability cap. enjoy it while you can.

marc
  • your spidey is perfect for you icon_e_smile.gif congrats! I hope that if they nerf him in the upcoming weeks that it doesn't hurt you badly and hopefully makes it better.
  • I also have a 3/5/5. I have a feeling that the 2 ap stun is going to go kaput.

Edit: BTW, congratulations! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • your spidey is perfect for you
    Agreed, didn't mean to derail it or turn it into a character discussion thread. (there is a forum for that icon_e_wink.gif

Anyhow, congrats. Mine's only 3/4/4 a big part due to the last two Double Shot tourneys! Very happy about that. But mine is only level 41 and with other characters being buffed during the current events, I seem to level the buffed up characters first. Right now Hulk is getting some love.
  • Thanks guys!!

Huh? 5/5/3 is not the best build??
  • Hmm, after reading this topic, I am considering if I should have gone 3/5/5 instead.

My build is currently 5/5/3, and I thought it was the best....

Initially, I was thinking, "No thanks, I can use Bullseye for that." I didn't realize Spidey can hit 400+ defense per tile. icon_e_sad.gif

But on the plus side, bandages only need 3 yellow matches.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    zaymac wrote:
    I think they're going to nerf each skill all around. It seems like they want us to take more damage.

Yes. They aren't selling nearly enough health packs.

Agreed. With their new system of no abilities under 5 AP, I can see them having spiderman stun the entire team (at level 5) for 6 AP and put one web tile on the board. More web tiles stun for more turns, but it would be as easy to keep it going. It doesn't just nerf his stun but also his heal ability.

I think "team stun" abilities can easily become NPE. If you can also increase the number of stun turns, then a lucky cascade can have your team stunned for 4+ turns with repeated use of the ability. I am a relatively new player and haven't been around long to know what people find NPE or not, but this ability would be high on my list. There would also be significant overlap with Venom.

The first time I saw Spiderman I thought his healing ability was ... a little off. He is not the comicbook hero that comes to mind when you think about healing. The Protect and Stun abilities feel like a better match to his nature in the comics. What is Spiderman known for? His web powers, agility, danger sense, wall climbing/swinging, save-the-day attitude and superhuman strength.

His web powers are already covered by his stun ability (the current or the form it will take after he is changed)
    His agility and danger sense could explain an Avoid ability similar to Hawkeye's, or maybe one that reduces the damage to him based on the number of Web tiles on the board.
    The wall climbing/swinging and save-the-day attitude could explain an AP generating ability since it is a utility power and can be seen as a way to travel fast and collect resources.
    Currently he doesn't have an ability to cover his superhuman strength so this may be something worth considering. If they take away his healing, I would seriously consider a health buff (to take him just over 6k) and give him an offensive power that is buffed by the number of Web tiles.
  • Yea, I just sold my first blue cover last night (I maxed it a few days ago). It was a wierd feeling.
  • I think the idea is that any character with a heal (and thus metagame value due to healtimes) is supposed to deal **** damage. That way these matches are supposed to take more time, a tradeoff between long term endurance and short term speed for overall PvP performance.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Thanks guys!!

Huh? 5/5/3 is not the best build??

Check here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=786 Which is in the Character forum that talks just about Spidey builds.

Essentially x/5/x works. 5/5/3 gets you a cheaper heal. 3/5/5 gets you the more and stronger defense tokens I believe. It sounds like the purple ability had been changed from when it first came out. Either way, both are viable since the main attraction are the 5 points in blue.
  • I also went 5/5/3, it was a heavy tossup between 3-matches for a heal, and an extra defense token - I don't have any regrets. I can see that third tile often being easier for the other team to take out, even on accident, but one less yellow match for a party-wide full heal (or at least close) wins out in my book. It's not like you're not getting protect tiles, they're just a smidgen weaker and you're hard-capped at two. Given how much I like Punisher, I'm not too attached to special tiles once I start Judgement'ing it up.
  • Nobody has a "perfect" spidey because he would be 5/5/5, but 5/5/3 is as good as it gets.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I also went 5/5/3, it was a heavy tossup between 3-matches for a heal, and an extra defense token - I don't have any regrets. I can see that third tile often being easier for the other team to take out, even on accident, but one less yellow match for a party-wide full heal (or at least close) wins out in my book. It's not like you're not getting protect tiles, they're just a smidgen weaker and you're hard-capped at two. Given how much I like Punisher, I'm not too attached to special tiles once I start Judgement'ing it up.

Chances are if you're looking to heal, their team is stunned. Otherwise the heal barely does anything. So at the end of the day 5 in yellow isn't necessary. But it does lead to a quicker heal so in some situations it is a good thing.
  • jozier wrote:
    Chances are if you're looking to heal, their team is stunned. Otherwise the heal barely does anything. So at the end of the day 5 in yellow isn't necessary. But it does lead to a quicker heal so in some situations it is a good thing.

Chances are, yeah. There are always going to be some games though where the heat is on, and I'd rather have it within arm's reach more reliably in a tense situation where heroes are on the brink. I'd rather be prepared for that case, than have a third protect tile floating around. When Respeccing is inevitably added, I might be tempted to go 4/5/4, but it's very hard to say until Spiderman gets reworked.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Chances are, yeah. There are always going to be some games though where the heat is on, and I'd rather have it within arm's reach more reliably in a tense situation where heroes are on the brink. I'd rather be prepared for that case, than have a third protect tile floating around. When Respeccing is inevitably added, I might be tempted to go 4/5/4, but it's very hard to say until Spiderman gets reworked.

The thing is, it's not just about that third tile. If you have 5 in purple, even with zero web tiles out there, the other team is doing zero match damage (sometimes even boosted characters) and if you toss a couple web tiles out there, boom. Not even an AP attack will do anything.
  • jozier wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

The thing is, it's not just about that third tile. If you have 5 in purple, even with zero web tiles out there, the other team is doing zero match damage (sometimes even boosted characters) and if you toss a couple web tiles out there, boom. Not even an AP attack will do anything.

I don't doubt it. I just think it's also very easy to counter at that point (if it's a problem on offense), at least with higher-up characters like Magneto, GSBW, Hulk, Hood, and even Punisher.
  • I dont think spidey needs a nerf, I only have him at 1/1/1 and i rarely see him in tournaments. I noticed that people with high level spiderman and maxed powers only use him in events (hulk/ares) to fight the 100+ missions, which isnt a bad thing. My spiderman is useless so its like i dont even have him. He just doesn't appear enough to get nerf or "changed".And on the most part i avoid fighting people with spidey and aston-wolverine . . I would just skip it and fight someone with no stun. I have a easier time taking out spiderman than venom. I think it's charcters with much worst powers (moonstone,bagman,etc) that need a huge rearrangement .