For those who think X-Force is overpowered.

Options
13»

Comments

• Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Was doing some theory crafting and decided to beef Patch up by the 61% that 4*'s are. Here's what Patch would look like as a 5/3/5 build.

Beserker Rage 9AP

Max Level: Deals 3360 damage, 238 x 6 damage per Strike tiles for allies and enemies.

TBTI

185 per tile creates two 280 Strike tiles for allies, two 140 for enemies

Healing Factor

700 per turn

Now if you were able to get TBTI to be 11-12 AP we would be cooking, but as is he could easily tank 3 colors doing 4995 avg.

Dont' know about you, but a 4* Patch would be far worse IMO than X-Force. Yes Surgical Strike is still better than anything, but Beserker Rages becomes quite lethal with 1400+ strike tiles on the board and the fact he heals 700 per turn he would be extremely hard to kill. Is X-Force above the curve? Yes, but not by as much as people think.

If that's the game we're playing....scale Juggernaut the 575% to make him level 270.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a long time I auto-skipped any team with a 150+ X-Force, until I learned that he's really not *that* scary as long as he's not cover-maxed on green and/or black. It definitely pays to check the covers on an enemy X-Force before skipping.

I just finished a fight in the Simulator where my luck was atrocious - the enemy managed 42 AP after their first match due to a cascade straight from a nightmare, and I knew I was in for a bad time. My team:
    166 Patch (4/4/5)
    166 Daken (5/5/3)
    124 Black Panther (5/5/3)

Enemy team:
    X-Force 161 (3/3/3)
    2 ** Human Torch 94
    2 ** Magneto

I ended up eating THREE X-Forces and TWO surgical strikes before I managed to take X-Force out. While I did lose Black Panther and nearly lost Daken (He was down to 800 HP at the end - the match started with only 5 blue on the table, and it didn't improve much from there), I still managed to win. He's not invincible, even if you don't have any usable four stars.

My point is - Chin up if you're in the 3-4 star transition zone! Don't auto-skip Mr. Hairy Britches - if he has fewer than 5 green or 5 black covers he's not necessarily the unstoppable beast you might be imagining.
    Now I just need to work up the courage to attack a 200+ 4Thor...
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    evil panda wrote:
    I fail to see how xforce renders 3*'s obsolete when 3*'s can beat him with regularity

"I fail to see how level 395 Juggernaut renders 3*s obsolete when 3*s can beat him with regularity". Beating a character on defense doens't mean that the character isn't miles better than any other options.
    Wow, a double strawman!

First, no one was talking about Juggernaut before

Second, I'm not arguing that Xforce isn't "miles better". That's your straw argument. I'm just saying that his existence in the game doesn't mean that people can't use their 3*'s effectively in the game anymore. He can be beaten by a 3* team
  • There needs to be a place where 1-2*s can fight without 3*s beating up on them and a different place for 2-3*s to fight with no 4*s to end their streaks, and a last arena where anything goes and Iso rains down from the heavens and the best of the best compete with the creme of the crop for prizes worthy of their status.

QTE: I use to play PVP to try and get within the top 100, but that's pointless now, my 2* 94's consistently get trounced by fully leveled 3*'s or better yet, XThorce teams. Now I'm pretty much relegated to playing PVE and getting just enough PVP points for my seasonal Heroic-10pk. Match-maker needs another look at so transitional players aren't burned, I don't expect to place in the top 10 little alone 1st or 2nd, but top 100 shouldn't be an impossibility event after event.