*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Comments

• I think they're going to nerf each skill all around. It seems like they want us to take more damage.

Yes. They aren't selling nearly enough health packs.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    If they nerf him, they should replace one of his powers (other than stun_ with an attack. Like web-missiles or something. Once blues run out and yellows are scattered all too far, it can be over quite quickly. It's down to the luck of the board.
  • I'm fine with them removing healing from the game for more interesting abilities. It completely circumvents health packs. Even the lvl 240 PVE missions don't require heals to win.
  • zaymac wrote:
    I think they're going to nerf each skill all around. It seems like they want us to take more damage.

Agreed. With their new system of no abilities under 5 AP, I can see them having spiderman stun the entire team (at level 5) for 6 AP and put one web tile on the board. More web tiles stun for more turns, but it would be as easy to keep it going. It doesn't just nerf his stun but also his heal ability.
  • zaymac wrote:
    I think they're going to nerf each skill all around. It seems like they want us to take more damage.

I think it's more of a matter of, with boosts, you can end a match before taking any meaningful damage, so your 5 health packs will never be needed. I know that most times I play, I don't deplete my pack stack. Sometimes I don't even touch it.
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I currently have Spider-Man with a build of 3/4/2 I have a yellow power from a tournament but I've seen that the purple power is strong? Should I make a 5/5/3 build or a 3/5/5 build?
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in a similar position, but only a 3/2/3. Have the yellow power...it's so tempting to use a cover...
  • Yellow only reduces the AP cost. The question is whether you think being able to heal at 9 instead of 11 is more important than being able to shoot out 3 purple tiles.
  • I plan to build mine 4/5/4 so as to minimize the damage of any incoming needs that are scheduled
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm contemplating using my yellow as well (3/4/2). Apparently the devs are going to introduce a system that lets you add a new cover to a maxed out character by replacing an old cover: it's just a matter of whether or not I think I can get 5 purple covers by the time they implement this change (which might be a very long time). Given how rare spidey covers are, I think that I'll wait a week and use the yellow then, since I don't anticipate getting 3 purple covers anytime soon.
  • In my opinion, its better to go for 5/5/3 build... max out either 2 skill rather than leave it at 4/5/4... even with spider sense u still taking damage from skill like thor or rag red skill... but still spider sense work fairly against opponent with attack tile like daken or wol.. but with yellow u can heal faster during pvp so no need wait for your character to rege back slowly... xD
    but overall is depend how you gonna use spidey skill in the future based on your team composition..
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    DX_das wrote:
    In my opinion, its better to go for 5/5/3 build... max out either 2 skill rather than leave it at 4/5/4... even with spider sense u still taking damage from skill like thor or rag red skill... but still spider sense work fairly against opponent with attack tile like daken or wol.. but with yellow u can heal faster during pvp so no need wait for your character to rege back slowly... xD
    but overall is depend how you gonna use spidey skill in the future based on your team composition..

Yes. 4 yellow is bad. 5 yellow means 3 matches required, 3 yellow means 4 matches required. 4 yellow also leaves you requiring 4 matches to activate.

Sure, sometime you pick up an extra yellow from a match 4, but I don't feel it is enough of an edge. 5 purple is the way to go if you can get the covers.
  • If I knew the change was coming to purple I would have gone that way, but I'm plenty happy with the way he plays at 5 yellow. Keeping 3 defense tiles on the board for an extended period is unlikely anyways, so I don't miss it too much. I get plenty of D for two tiles, and a heal in 3 yellow matches is much more convenient when you're trying to keep web tiles on the board.
  • I find myself with 10 ap far more often then I find myself with 11 or 12 ap. i think 4/5/4 is a fine build and its mine. Honestly, spidey's purple is of minimal use, if it's really affecting damage, the other team is probably already stunned. But with the upcomming changes to spidey (cough* nerf) who knows what the right build will be.

I'd be ok with them raising his blue cost to 3.

Otherwise if they raise it to 5, he needs to be reworked a bit. Blue should always stun for 3 turns and produce a web tile. His purple should max at 3 or 4 web tiles instead of 5. Finally his healling ability could get a minor boost in power.

Either of these changes would leave him a viable tech character.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Considering they have strung him up on he nerf block, who knows what is going to optimal. Chances are they will take away his healing abilities and make them only effect count down tiles... Level 141 Bagmans INC.
  • Clint wrote:
    Considering they have strung him up on he nerf block, who knows what is going to optimal. Chances are they will take away his healing abilities and make them only effect count down tiles... Level 141 Bagmans INC.

Sadly I'm deathly afraid that they plan something like this.
    Also I'm afraid what will happen to the player base if they Nerf him too hard.
    Let's face it, spidey is a major favorite and a heard to get 3* if they Nerf him to the extent they smack rags even the casuals are going to have one massive fit or just end up leaving the game all together since their beloved Wolvie got smacked upside the head first.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Clint wrote:

Sadly I'm deathly afraid that they plan something like this.
    Also I'm afraid what will happen to the player base if they Nerf him too hard.
    Let's face it, spidey is a major favorite and a heard to get 3* if they Nerf him to the extent they smack rags even the casuals are going to have one massive fit or just end up leaving the game all together since their beloved Wolvie got smacked upside the head first.
    I severely doubt they are going to get rid of their healing. It will be the stun. Considering that OBW can heal for over 1000 health with no countdown tiles, and she was released relatively recently, i am almost 100% sure they are going to up the cost of his stun, and maybe decrease the max turns it can do.
  • Let's say what I consider best case for what they have proven capable of and only change his blue to 5ap and leave everything else alone...it still destroys his kit since everything is based around his webs.

Obviously we all hope and pray for somthng like 5ap 3 turn stun +1turn per web but I highly doubt we'll see a Nerf that's that reasonable...
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Let's say what I consider best case for what they have proven capable of and only change his blue to 5ap and leave everything else alone...it still destroys his kit since everything is based around his webs.

Obviously we all hope and pray for somthng like 5ap 3 turn stun +1turn per web but I highly doubt we'll see a Nerf that's that reasonable...
    It doesn't destroy his kit. Say you start with an all for 3 and 3 blue and purp boost. Boom, 6 ap and you can already cast a web tile. two more blue matches, thats two web tiles and you can heal off of both for a decent amount. My spidey only has two blue cards in him right now so he does have a 5ap cost, and I can still utilize him to heal ally's. You just cant spam them so when you use the boosts you have three webs.
  • Omfg I can't believe it!!!! After months of endless grinding I finally have a complete Spiderman!!!!!!

He's at 5/5/3!!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But alas, he will be nerfed..... :'(

Oh well, was good while it lasted. Better than IM40 I guess, since at least he was powerful at one point...