Getting New Covers Help

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, I currently have 3 1-Star heroes in my team, but their damage isn't cutting it any longer. Whenever I go up against 2-Star and higher teams, they put a dent on my health with every match they make, and my low health doesn't help. What I am mostly looking for is advice. I currently have:

2-Star Wolverine level 6
1Green
2 Red
1 Yellow

2-Star Captain America level 6
3 Yellow
4 Red
4 Blue

3-Star Black Widow level 15
1 Green

I want to advance my team, but i'm not sure what to do next. I'm interested in Thor, but don't have any covers for him yet (will get a red Thor cover tomorrow from daily reward and have 1 yellow and 1 green cover still to be claimed in missions). Should I switch my iron man for Wolverine or Captain America and just level them instead? Are they any good? I also have about 30 of those silver recruit covers stored up and 1575 Gold coins if that helps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• If you have that many coins I would suggest buying some more space over buying covers or abilities. You would be surprised how often those 1* characters come in handy. As far as moving forward I would focus on your Thor since he is the all around best character at the moment. By best I mean he has great abilities for the AP cost, has a good amount of HP and uses the 3 most common offensive tiles. After you claim those extra covers from the missions and get him boosted then I would focus on grey suit black widow if you have the luck/money to get covers.

P.S. Wolverine can be very useful and works well with a lot of other covers. As far as cap goes I haven't found a way to implement him properly. You might want to consider using him as a defensive powerhouse and max his yellow ability. Although there isn't a way to play this game improperly so these are just suggestions icon_e_smile.gif. Play around with different teams and see what works best for you
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You should be able to level up your covers quite a bit just from playing through the story missions. Your Black Widow can't be leveled up any further until you get more covers, but why haven't you increased the others? Looking at your Wolverine and Cap level makes me think you don't understand how to properly level up your characters. All that purple Iso you've been getting? I'm going to guess you haven't been using it at all and probably have a ton.

Every time you use a cover to increase someone's specific powers, their level cap is increased. Meaning you can use that purple Iso to raise Wolverine's level 6 up quite a bit and Cap's a TON. Doing that will increase how much damage you do when you make a match. Hope this helps you out.

(And there's no point in stashing those recruit coins unless your just holding out for better covers to be released)
  • Badman82 wrote:
    If you have that many coins I would suggest buying some more space over buying covers or abilities. You would be surprised how often those 1* characters come in handy. As far as moving forward I would focus on your Thor since he is the all around best character at the moment. By best I mean he has great abilities for the AP cost, has a good amount of HP and uses the 3 most common offensive tiles. After you claim those extra covers from the missions and get him boosted then I would focus on grey suit black widow if you have the luck/money to get covers.

P.S. Wolverine can be very useful and works well with a lot of other covers. As far as cap goes I haven't found a way to implement him properly. You might want to consider using him as a defensive powerhouse and max his yellow ability. Although there isn't a way to play this game improperly so these are just suggestions icon_e_smile.gif. Play around with different teams and see what works best for you

I currently have a total of 7 spaces, 6 are already taken up. I'm definitely considering buying another one, probably two, but I usually like to stick to one team and don't have multiples of one hero. As far as Grey Suit Black Widow goes, I don't know if I'll ever use her due to the high cost, especially since I am a free to play player, but I'll keep her because it's cool either way. I'll most likely buy some more room and use all of those 30 silver tokens I have and see how I go from their. Thanks for the advice.
  • You should be able to level up your covers quite a bit just from playing through the story missions. Your Black Widow can't be leveled up any further until you get more covers, but why haven't you increased the others? Looking at your Wolverine and Cap level makes me think you don't understand how to properly level up your characters. All that purple Iso you've been getting? I'm going to guess you haven't been using it at all and probably have a ton.

Every time you use a cover to increase someone's specific powers, their level cap is increased. Meaning you can use that purple Iso to raise Wolverine's level 6 up quite a bit and Cap's a TON. Doing that will increase how much damage you do when you make a match. Hope this helps you out.

(And there's no point in stashing those recruit coins unless your just holding out for better covers to be released)

I do understand the leveling system, but i'm mostly just currently trying to find out what to do before I spend my iso on a character I plan on keeping. Yeah, I am definitely considering switching my 1-Star Iron Man for Captain America, but i'll first use the recruit coins to see what covers I get. Hopefully I get lucky and get some of the heroes I need. Thanks for the help.
  • Okay, I misunderstood you. You have these guys stashed but haven't leveled them up yet; sorry for the confusion.

What levels do you have your 1*s at? I currently use my Iron Man and Storm at level 50 and they hold up fairly well until I come across 70s and higher regardless of what star they are.
  • If you plan on just sticking with one team you'll have to sit out a lot of tournaments since there are usually restrictions on who you can/cannot use.
  • Is ok, I was like you with 1* Heroes just wait for the 1* tournament again.
    You can kick the top dog in their face icon_e_biggrin.gif when the one star tournament starts. XD

Like wolph said
  • Okay, I misunderstood you. You have these guys stashed but haven't leveled them up yet; sorry for the confusion.

What levels do you have your 1*s at? I currently use my Iron Man and Storm at level 50 and they hold up fairly well until I come across 70s and higher regardless of what star they are.

I currently have 1-Star level 50 Iron Man and Storm and 1-Star level 40 Black Widow. Iron Man is my main concern since he isn't really a bruiser at this stage that I am in. I'm currently working on gaining some of the other silver recruit rewards from the missions to increase my chances.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    If you plan on just sticking with one team you'll have to sit out a lot of tournaments since there are usually restrictions on who you can/cannot use.

I know, that kind of sucks, but I have some stray covers that I don't plan on leveling much in order to participate in some of them. I just don't really focus on the ones i'm not going to really use at all.
  • UPDATE

So I spent some of my silver recruit tokens (and gold on space, I have 13 in total now) on the Heroic option and got:

2-Star Magneto
    1 Blue
    2 Purple

2-Star Hawkeye
    2 Red

2-Star Spider-man Bag-Man
    1 Purple
    1 Blue
    1 Yellow

3-Star Magneto
    1 Red

3-Star Ragnarok
    1 Red

I sold two Bullseye covers from the collection. I couldn't buy anymore Heroic covers with silver tokens anymore. Does anyone know why, or did I just reach the limit that you can get with recruit tokens?
    I still have some left for the standard, so I'll probably soon get those too. I will also keep these and level them whenever I get more covers for them.