Moonstone ownership of Molotov tiles sticks around

Options
_RiO_
_RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
Just observed in R68:

AI Moonstone takes over one of player Punisher's Molotov countdown tiles.
Tile turns black indicating shift of ownership.
Black countdown generates one attack tile, shifts back into a player owned red countdown.
Red player-owned countdown continues to generate attack tiles for the AI.

I thought this was patched?
Or is this another case of "Sunder bug" where we can enjoy various iterations of this bug to stick around for the next 5 patch rounds?

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shouldn't it stay black and under her possession? If so, end result of generating enemy attack tiles is the same, it's just a red tile instead of black.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    She should continue to own the stolen tile, yes. As for the colour, I have no idea, maybe it only changes to black at the time of being stolen.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw this with Nightstalker today, too. Moonstone took control of the tile, it became a black enemy countdown, then on the next turn it changed back to green but remained enemy-owned.
  • I saw this with Nightstalker today, too. Moonstone took control of the tile, it became a black enemy countdown, then on the next turn it changed back to green but remained enemy-owned.

Ditto it kept stealing black AP as my highest tile color but the tile itself appeared to belong to my Blade after reverting back from black to green. Functionally Moonstone usurps control of the tile and it's functions but it appears to belong to the original tile generator. Might be a visual glitch but it actually seems inline with how Moonstone would seem to manipulate one of your teammates.

Edit: Despite the appearance of the stolen tile Falcon's Redwing can swoop in to remove it.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the devs patched the behavior to stick around, but forgot to keep the visual alteration around as well?
    Considering the first few patches that were to fix the Sunder bug only fixed it when Ares was on the player side, color me non-surprised. icon_neutral.gif
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So to sum up, stolen countdown tiles that respawn upon expiring will do so in their original colour but remain in Moonstone's ownership. Since Control Shift is badly overcosted and Moonstone is not widely used, This seems like an easy edge case to overlook. Are there any such tiles whose effects rely on the colour of the tile?
  • CNash wrote:
    So to sum up, stolen countdown tiles that respawn upon expiring will do so in their original colour but remain in Moonstone's ownership. Since Control Shift is badly overcosted and Moonstone is not widely used, This seems like an easy edge case to overlook. Are there any such tiles whose effects rely on the colour of the tile?

Beast's green & yellow improve upon having a friendly blue special tile. The tile color might affect whether Hood's Dormammu's Aid triggers, as well as Blade's Thirst if the countdown was initially red. Moonstone's Photon Blast could also benefit if Control Shift affects a tile that was originally red.