* Venom (Dark Avengers) * [PRE 2013-12]

Comments

• Dninot wrote:
    So because I have a Venom with Devour, that explains my 3 damage on black rather than 2?

No. Each character have 3 good colours and 3 bad. For this Venom good colours are: Green, Black and Purple. That's why Black is higher than most of them. When you increase character level, the damage will increase as well and difference between good and bad colours will be bigger.

For example, my Venom at level 28 has following damages: Yellow 5/Red 6/Blue 5/Green 18/Purple 13/Black 16
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Yeah I get that part. What I don't get is why I have a lvl 1 Venom who has 3 damage for black, when the above screenshot only shows 2 damage for black.

I was thinking of contributing damage ratings per level to the wikia, but with this discrepency I'm a little hesitant.
  • Dninot wrote:
    Yeah I get that part. What I don't get is why I have a lvl 1 Venom who has 3 damage for black, when the above screenshot only shows 2 damage for black.

I was thinking of contributing damage ratings per level to the wikia, but with this discrepency I'm a little hesitant.

As I thought, the screenshot must be simply from some older version. I just received a Purple Venom and checked earlier on Black as well, damages on both were Y2/R2/B2/G3/P2/Bk3
  • sorry if oot. venom compared to his comic which is pretty strong and flexible, became weak in puzzle quest. he should be min 2 star with 3rd abilty of regeneration. and the devour damage should be higher. it's almost impssible to devour his opponent with high ap req. by the time i got that many ap, the battle is almost over.
  • venom is so weak. not like its comic.
    devour do measly damage compared to other char.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Shikao wrote:
    Dninot wrote:

As I thought, the screenshot must be simply from some older version. I just received a Purple Venom and checked earlier on Black as well, damages on both were Y2/R2/B2/G3/P2/Bk3

When I checked my l1 venom, 1/2 yesterday, he was Y2/R2/B2/G2/P2/Bk3. I added a few covers since then and now hes matching the stats you have. Either the updates are messing with the baseline numbers frequently or covers do something. I'd tend to believe the former.

I was going to make an extensive chart of color damages but this just discourages me if its going to keep changing.
  • venom is so weak. not like its comic.
    devour do measly damage compared to other char.

You can say this in as many threads as you want, but it doesn't make it true.

Get over Venom not being as powerful as he is in the comic. Neither is Dr. Doom or Wolverine or most other characters. If you made Venom like you want then you'd completely destroy the campaign. He's a decent 1* 2 power cover. I think it would be great to see a 2* or 3* cover of him that's more powerful, has regen, etc. but that's not what he is or should be right now.

At L37 w/ Devour 5 Venom does 707 damage, and can instantly destroy a single character or an entire team. Combine this with Spiderman or Bagman and it's a REALLY powerful ability (mostly w/ Spidey). Even standalone that's decent damage for a 1 star character -- comparable to Iron Man's blast at an equivalent level (remeber to only compare to other 1* chars; yes, Thor is much more powerful... he's also 2* and possibly overpowered).

If Snare makes 2 tiles at L5, then either raise the cost to 8 or remove the full team stun (preferably the later). But I do think the current L5 snare is underpowered -- it should be 5 or 6 AP instead of 7; as it stands it's only 2 AP less than Black Widow's stun, and BW is full team plus an additional 4 turns for the main target. I'll take that any day over a single turn stun and a web tile (which are very hard to use at an AP cost of 6 or 7).

But it really stinks that it goes from 20 pink AP to activate Devour to 35 AP -- and that's just for the single target one. Devouring the entire team with L4 snare is easier to do (32 AP) than to do so with a single character at L5 (entire team at L5 is 54 AP!). That's wrong.
  • Just wait for Flash Thompson Venom then !!
  • Venom isn't bad, really. But that level 5 Snare is a real sticker; that's one of the main reasons why I won't level Venom.

There are other cases where leveling up a skill isn't always the best choice of action. Like Magneto Marvel Now, his skills cost increasing AP for benefits that are so-so. At lower levels, he can pretty much spam his tile destruction skills, and is good for destroying enemy tiles. At higher levels, they lose efficacy. Leveling a skill has to always be clearly beneficial; the AP cost can increase, but the skill damage/range improvement has to be worth it. Venom here is the clearest case of that poor reward ratio.
  • yeah i've actually had my venom at 35 because i don't want to level his snare to 5, i'm sure there are others out there

lvl 5 snare is pretty freaking horrendous. three turns for a poverty snare and one web tile is really, really bad.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Dninot wrote:
    I was going to make an extensive chart of color damages but this just discourages me if its going to keep changing.
    It shouldn't change at this point. I can't speak for "never ever ever" changing again, but there's no reason we'd make any modifications in the near term.
  • I finally got my 5th purple Venom. Any chance on adding a second web tile for the Level 5 snare? That would be awesome.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    I finally got my 5th purple Venom. Any chance on adding a second web tile for the Level 5 snare? That would be awesome.
    Ey! I was going to suggest exactly the same. TWO WEB TILES at level 5 snare.
  • +1 for 2 web tiles for Purple Lv5!

Venom is my favorite character in Marvel, it's such a shame that he's sub-par in more than one way! It'd be great if he was bumped up to 2 stars (so that he won't be perpetually Lv 40) w/ an extra ability or something.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease♥
  • Not too fussed with Venom being only a 1 star... as long as we get a much more powerful Eddie Brock Venom later. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Mine's 3 for black AND green
    Level 1, with 2 black covers and 4 purple - I wonder if that matters.
  • I think I need to send my Venom for lose-weight-camp after Unstable ISO icon_e_wink.gif He devoured so many Rags and Moonstones icon_e_biggrin.gif

I started to use him on pre-last impossible repeatable, but he really started to shine on last day. Moonstone died usually from matching and other abilities, but there were couple occasions when I managed to eat whole team. Even Devouring just 2 character really sped things up, not mentioning making it much safer. Also eating, 9k HP Maggia Boss was really helpful day before.

At some people say that one stars are completely useless icon_razz.gif
  • Can we at least get the classic Venom, Eddie Brock? He seems like a hell of a lot more of a badass than the Venom they are trying to pass off as the Dark Avengers Spiderman. He should be the 3 star. And while we are at it, Carnage wants to play as well.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Does anyone know when Venow's Devour "entire team" if 8 web tiles present was changed to Devour target if 6 web tiles are present? icon_question.gif

I think it is probably better to get 6 web tiles (lvl 4 symbiote snare) 3 tiles x 6 matches = 18 as opposed to 8 web tiles (3 x 8 matches). However if you've maxed out Snare to lvl 5 then things get really difficult to achieve the devor:

6 tiles = 7 x 6 = 42,
    8 tiles = 7 x 8 = 56 icon_eek.gif

And both of those are impractical/impossible as you max out at 30 AP in any colour and you'd either have killed the target or perished yourself in the process icon_lol.gif

I'm also curious to find out if anyone has successfully managed to devour a target that had more health (or full health) than a simple bite would take? icon_question.gif
  • That's why people paired up Spider and Venom in team - you have two sources of stuns and two sources of web tiles, makes devour so much easier.
This discussion has been closed.