decisions...keep saving iso and abandon boosting 3*s?

Options
With the release of more 4*s coming this year, i am thinking of just saving up all the iso i can and not even bother leveling up anymore 3 stars. Hood is my only maxed out 3 star and i always pair him with xforce with a lvl 153 daken as a sub. Those should be able to carry me along just fine in pvp...so why even bother leveling anymore 3*s since 4 stars are so hard to level up.

What do you guys think?

I could level up some of my other max cover 3 stars but....i wouldnt use them over the hood xforce anyways so i dont really see the point in doing so.

Comments

• That is so true, and the hp that we are gonna need to buy spaces for the new toons is gonna hurt even more.
    Since they have no plans to increase the ISO or the hp we get it'll truly be an endless effort to try and level up our heroes it's a shame that a game with so much potential can disappoint their players this bad.
    Someone on the forums once suggested that players should get ISO rewards depending on the progress they make in the game , for example if a player has four four stars fully cover and leveled they woul receive more ISO from pvp,pve and daily rewards than a player just starting the game. But like I said it's a shame that this game sucks.
  • Choosing who to level up is a function of how powerful they are not the number of stars they have. If Gorgon is released as a 3* he'd definitely be worth leveling. Since this game doesn't really have inflation, none of the recent 3* can impact the game except possibly Blade. While they're probably no worse than the top 3*s, there's still no reason to level most of them up because you can only use 3 characters at once.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There's one more point to that - it depends on your preference. If you are strictly PVP player than yes, there's not much use to level up many 3*.

If you like and enjoy PVE though, that I still see a lot of pros in leveling up multiple 3* characters as often they are boosted and when boosted even mid tier 3* may unleash hell on their opponents and suddenly become fun to play with. So if you like a bit variety and tasting different strategies than it may be a good option for you to choose more 3* and level them up.
  • I think leveling 3 stars that work well with your established 4 stars will work out well in the near and intermediate future.
    It takes forever to farm up 4 star covers anyway.

I have a 5/5/3 Xforce at level 245.
    A 3/5/3 Nick Fury at level 70
    And a 2/1/1 4hor at level 70.

I have a 3/5/5 IW at level 70 too, but she doesn't really count.

I'm currently leveling Deadpool, but after that I think I'm just about done with 3 stars. I may level Blade, who I have at 3/5/5, but it may not be useful anymore, I don't know.

I already have plenty of 3 stars. We'll have to wait and see what happens with 4 star releases this year, as well as, hopefully, an IW buff. And a pretty significant one at that, hopefully.
  • h4n1s wrote:
    There's one more point to that - it depends on your preference. If you are strictly PVP player than yes, there's not much use to level up many 3*.

If you like and enjoy PVE though, that I still see a lot of pros in leveling up multiple 3* characters as often they are boosted and when boosted even mid tier 3* may unleash hell on their opponents and suddenly become fun to play with. So if you like a bit variety and tasting different strategies than it may be a good option for you to choose more 3* and level them up.

Yeah, i am mostly a pvp player, i only do pve when i need iso....which is always so i guess i am a pve player and only "grind" per se when my schedule allows it. I dont really play pve for covers though. Even with my limited roster, if xforce is available for use, i end up blowing through pve as well along with lcap, so im finding the other 3 stars not really worth leveling. Only when wolvie is on the other side do i run into issues as he is unavailable but even then, still managed with cmags (lvl 130), lcap and hood/daken/hulk.

I think i will just save up iso and see how that goes, if anything, i can just level up a three star if need be.
  • onimus wrote:
    I think leveling 3 stars that work well with your established 4 stars will work out well in the near and intermediate future.
    It takes forever to farm up 4 star covers anyway.

I have a 5/5/3 Xforce at level 245.
    A 3/5/3 Nick Fury at level 70
    And a 2/1/1 4hor at level 70.

I have a 3/5/5 IW at level 70 too, but she doesn't really count.

I'm currently leveling Deadpool, but after that I think I'm just about done with 3 stars. I may level Blade, who I have at 3/5/5, but it may not be useful anymore, I don't know.

I already have plenty of 3 stars. We'll have to wait and see what happens with 4 star releases this year, as well as, hopefully, an IW buff. And a pretty significant one at that, hopefully.

I have definitely wanted to level up deadpool but i dont find him as useful as hood so unless he is the featured, i still wouldnt use him anyways. So im prob gonna just save up iso, thanks for the input all.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The PVP climb is tricky for me to pull off using only 2-3 characters, regardless of who they are: XForce/Hood/Loaned Feature... or XForce/Hood/Daken in scenarios where I am allowed to pick all 3 characters. Even using 2 true-healers I usually run out of health packs before I get to either a progression or placement 4* cover...

How are you planning to be able to win at the level required to get enough 4* covers that you can skip the 3* phase of the game? Unless you are going to buy the covers necessary to have playable copies of 4* characters you are going to be waiting a long time to cover 4* Thor with just token draws and maybe solid finishes in the occasional PVE.

Guess my point is that my 3* roster was a pretty important component of building my 4* roster. Having a diverse 3* roster has also allowed me to farm enough ISO to tread water on the 'total ISO to finish' number for my overall roster. That may break down this year; too early to tell.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Depends on the 3-Star.

While a full 4-star team can be scary, they're actually easier to fight than a properly built team. X-Force, 4Thor, and Nick are powerhouses, but they're mostly just HP tanks that don't help you on defense, nor do they work together all that well to speed up your battle. X-Force, Hood, and CMags, however, has a ton of synergy for AP generation and cascades. I find those teams to be far more threatening because of how well they combo.

There are plenty of 3-stars you can ditch, but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out which ones work well with your 4-stars.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My only thought is that having decent featured 3* will act as a deterent towards the end of your climb. Otherwise people will preferentially hit you over someone else also running hood and xforce but a higher leveled featured toon. Anyway I'm in the same boat and really just leveling 3* I particularly like or mediocre ones to a usable while boosted level (90-100 or so).