Did anyone else notice from the last update???

Options
2»

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Doom's health wasn't nerfed. I updated his statblock. He got a new power, which lets him get more levels. Everything else is the same.

He's always been in the same health class as Black Panther or Captain America. At level 140, Doom and these other guys have 7176 health.

[anchor=doctordoom3]Doctor Doom (Classic)[/anchor]
    3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
    At Max Level: HP: 8500 Tile damage: 11/12/79/61/13/70
      Summon Demons - Black 12 AP
      Doctor Doom summons a cadre of demonic creatures, converting 3 basic Red tiles into Attack tiles of strength 44.
        Level 2: Attack tiles (demons) are strength 52. Level 3: Summons 4 demons. Level 4: Summons 5 demons. Level 5: Summons 6 demons of strength 60.
      Max Level: Summons 6 demons of strength 190.
        Technopathic Strike - Blue 9 AP
        Doctor Doom lashes out with his sinister inventions, swaying the battle in his favor. Transforms 6 basic Blue tiles to Black tiles.
          Level 2: Transforms 7 tiles. Level 3: Transforms 8 tiles. Level 4: Transforms 9 tiles. Level 5: Transforms all basic Blue tiles.
          Diabolical Plot - Purple 10 AP
          Doom deals 137 to the enemy, plus 137 for each of Doom's Trap tiles on the board. Disarms all of Doom's Trap tiles. PASSIVE: At the beginning of each turn, Doom places a purpletile.png Trap tile.
            Level 2: Doom deals 164 damage plus 164 damage for each of his Traps. Level 3: Doom deals 192 damage plus 192 damage for each of his Traps. Level 4: Doom deals 247 damage plus 247 damage for each of his Traps. Level 5: Doom deals 356 damage plus 356 damage for each of his Traps.
          Max Level: Doom deals 1131 damage plus 1131 damage for each of his Traps.
        • wymtime
          wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          10 purple is going to be a massive Nuke. Between summon demons, and Diabolical Plot he can do some real damage. If his traps do damage when the player matches as well 5 in purple is going to be scary. If there are 4 traps out with 10 AP that will be over 6k damage. Telapathic strike might be the loser in this as summon demons and diabolical plot both do significant damage. One of the only reasons to keep him at 5 blue would be to pair him with X-Force and just speed up Surgical Strike instead of demons.

Stand alone 5,3,5
          X-force duet 3,5,5

Defense against will be board shake up as you just will not want to match purple because then you get hit with his traps. WOW with free trap tiles he is just eliminating Purple from the board. That is scary.
        • wymtime wrote:
          10 purple is going to be a massive Nuke. Between summon demons, and Diabolical Plot he can do some real damage. If his traps do damage when the player matches as well 5 in purple is going to be scary. If there are 4 traps out with 10 AP that will be over 6k damage. Telapathic strike might be the loser in this as summon demons and diabolical plot both do significant damage. One of the only reasons to keep him at 5 blue would be to pair him with X-Force and just speed up Surgical Strike instead of demons.

Stand alone 5,3,5
          X-force duet 3,5,5

Defense against will be board shake up as you just will not want to match purple because then you get hit with his traps. WOW with free trap tiles he is just eliminating Purple from the board. That is scary.

There is no official word yet and nobody can use the ability to test so I'm just speculating, but the impression I get is that his traps don't actually do anything when they are matched and the means to prevent yourself from getting demolished by Diabolical Plot is to regularly match purple thus keeping his trap count down as well as preventing him from getting the AP. Of course, with purple being somewhat lesser used this means you are using turns to get AP that might not actually be useful to you. At this point the best counter to Dr Doom might be another character that uses both black and purple AP like Blade, Mystique, or Loki.
        • Fulgren
          Fulgren Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
          Options
          Is this really both a passive and an active?

Either way, super hyped, this guy deserves a 166 more than any villain in MPQ. BOW BEFORE DOOM!
        • vudu3
          vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
          Options
          Fulgren wrote:
          Is this really both a passive and an active?
          The power passively places a trap tile every turn. But the tiles only deal damage if you activate the power for 10 purple AP. If you or your opponent matches a purple trap tile nothing happens and it simply disappears.
        • so, is doom now better than elektra?
          ehm..
        • SodaPopinski
          SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
          Options
          I think the part that makes me angriest (aside from his max health now having dropped. Thanks, devs.) is the subterfuge. There hasn't been an announcement of anything since Dec. 26, yet this major development was in the pipe. They could have told us it was coming. They could have let us know something was going to happen. Instead, they made like nothing was happening, and then "accidentally," a character is just behaving differently. Can you imagine if Daredevil or X-Force had been changed this way?

Oh, you didn't notice his red skill was now black? Yep, Daredevil does direct damage now. Have fun!

I'm glad I read it here, and didn't have to take a Diabolical Plot to the face as my introduction.

This was why I started the thread. I updated on Jan 2nd and noticed "New Character Ability - Dr. Doom 3rd Ability", but there was no announcement and nobody was talking about it. Their communication has been much better of late (in my opinion) and I was just surprised it was not a bigger deal like the icon_loki.png green and icon_daredevil.png buff. I am just going to chalk it up to the holiday shuffle.

Funny enough, an hour after I made the post it seemed to go live....kind of entertaining to me.
        • rednailz
          rednailz Posts: 559
          Options
          tobi69 wrote:
          so, is doom now better than elektra?
          ehm..

There was no reason or justification for Elektra to be a 4*. Sillest thing MPQ has done. IMO Doom would and should be the most powerful villian in the game right now (or Loki...depending on how you want to look at it...technically Loki).

In game I've found Elektra's black to be a real pain, but otherwise doom certainly has her number, although she'll go over 100 levels higher then him....so...

If Elektra is a 4 * Doom and Loki should be 6 *'s.
        • rednailz wrote:
          There was no reason or justification for Elektra to be a 4*. Sillest thing MPQ has done. IMO Doom would and should be the most powerful villian in the game right now (or Loki...depending on how you want to look at it...technically Loki).

In game I've found Elektra's black to be a real pain, but otherwise doom certainly has her number, although she'll go over 100 levels higher then him....so...

whilst i agree with you on this... in addition.. I really can't remember but what was the reason that icon_invisiblewoman.png was made a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png ??

and on a side note... star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is the only level in which there are more female chars then males icon_razz.gif
        • rednailz
          rednailz Posts: 559
          Options
          devilyevon wrote:
          rednailz wrote:

whilst i agree with you on this... in addition.. I really can't remember but what was the reason that icon_invisiblewoman.png was made a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png ??

and on a side note... star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is the only level in which there are more female chars then males icon_razz.gif

That's actually a good point...go ladies!

IW although an ode to uselessness in the game has some very impressive powers and abilities in the books. There was a thread a while back where a list of some pretty incredible feats of hers were listed. I'm not a FF junky (so will leave that part up to them), but I think her and Reed make the 4 * cut.

In the very least at least IW has powers. Elektra IMO is a 2 *. If she's a 4* then I guess bullseye is a 5*?

But I guess if they are going to be flooding in a pile more 4*s, we could expect some more imbalances and strange decisions.
        • Dayv
          Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          Locking this thread in favor of the official announcement (and discussion) of Doctor Doom's changes.
        This discussion has been closed.