Did anyone else notice from the last update???

Options
SodaPopinski
SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
edited January 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed a Doom third power from the last update and have not ran across any comments on the forums....any one else have any info on this?

Edit - I scheduled the update for one hour from when I started this post..... icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, I guess R68 is live. I'm on R67 and my Doom is still 10/10.
  • I think that note was premature

After updating to R68 my doom is still 140/140 (Level Cap 140)

This might just require a soft-patch to change
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still not available for Android. Id imagine that is the hold up
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    My doom has not changed either. It just seemed unusual that nobody had mentioned it and started speculating. I figure that the actual power will show up in one of the little auto updates. I am quite excited though....Summon Demons is a beast and he will be very tanky for a 3 star.png .
  • Android update is now available.
  • teknofyl
    Options
    My lvl 120 Doom (android, manually updated) has a new purple ability:

DIABOLICAL PLOT (purple) 10
    Deals 338 damage to enemy plus 338 for each of Doom's trap tiles. Disarms Doom's trap tiles
    (PASSIVE) At the beginning of every turn Doom places a purple trap tile.

Second cover increases damage to 406/406 (again, for level 120)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I see it on mine. I grabbed this from Colognoisseur's roster so the damage shown is for a 140 Doom.

Diabolical Plot (purple) - 10 AP

Doom deals 377 damage to the enemy, plus 377 damage for each of Doom's Trap tiles on the board. Disarms all of Doom's Traps.

(PASSIVE) At the beginning of every turn, Doom places a Purple Trap tile.

At level 2: Doom deals 452 damage plus 452 damage for each of his traps.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll confirm, soft patch just came in for iOS, giving Doom his third power.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Diabolical Plot

Doom passively creates trap tiles every turn. For 10 purpletile.png , he detonates them, dealing damage for each.

At lvl 1 purpleflag.png does 345 + 345 for each trap with my Lvl 125 Doom. 414 at lvl 2 purpleflag.png .
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sense a new Gauntlet with Doom purple as the final prize in our very near future.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sense a Juggs Heroic with Doom blue as the final prize in our very near future.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. No limits on the traps (other than the number of purple tiles) but it requires you to burn your own traps to get the AP to use it.

Anyone notice a nerf on either of his other abilities?
  • That's kinda brilliant. Represents his gradual evil plotting and gets stronger with time. So flavorful.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5b8dt.jpg
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Interesting. No limits on the traps (other than the number of purple tiles) but it requires you to burn your own traps to get the AP to use it.

Looks like, as with his health, they scaled it back to reach the old max numbers when he's at 166, not 140
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I sense a new Gauntlet with Doom purple as the final prize in our very near future.

I sense a Doom PVP with purple as the top-5 rather than the top-100 prize it should be.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

I sense a Doom PVP with purple as the top-5 rather than the top-100 prize it should be.

That's the jerk move they pulled with Loki. Ironically, it's the sort of thing Doctor Doom would consider beneath him. Loki would do it, though.
  • I think the part that makes me angriest (aside from his max health now having dropped. Thanks, devs.) is the subterfuge. There hasn't been an announcement of anything since Dec. 26, yet this major development was in the pipe. They could have told us it was coming. They could have let us know something was going to happen. Instead, they made like nothing was happening, and then "accidentally," a character is just behaving differently. Can you imagine if Daredevil or X-Force had been changed this way?

Oh, you didn't notice his red skill was now black? Yep, Daredevil does direct damage now. Have fun!

I'm glad I read it here, and didn't have to take a Diabolical Plot to the face as my introduction.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the part that makes me angriest (aside from his max health now having dropped. Thanks, devs.) is the subterfuge. There hasn't been an announcement of anything since Dec. 26, yet this major development was in the pipe. They could have told us it was coming. They could have let us know something was going to happen. Instead, they made like nothing was happening, and then "accidentally," a character is just behaving differently. Can you imagine if Daredevil or X-Force had been changed this way?

Oh, you didn't notice his red skill was now black? Yep, Daredevil does direct damage now. Have fun!

I'm glad I read it here, and didn't have to take a Diabolical Plot to the face as my introduction.

But that would make it even more Diabolical icon_twisted.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

Looks like, as with his health, they scaled it back to reach the old max numbers when he's at 166, not 140

I'm not surprised. Doom was the closest to being actually usuable out of all the 2 power characters. I'm glad the nerf is pretty minor - he's not unbalanced, I think.

Though this does mean that there's virtually no synergy between him and Mystique now - good news for when we see "Meet Rocket and Groot" again...
This discussion has been closed.