New Wolverine Graphic

Options
2»

Comments

• Switchman wrote:
    It's great to see MPQ focusing on Artwork instead of needed game fixes.
    Yeah why aren't all those lazy artists putting down their pencils and hitting the bugs database
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    felt like the old art for wolverine and daken were basically reskinned versions of the same character model.. the old animations for the powers looked like they were shared as well. I'm still undecided about the new art, but being different from daken is a good start.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    felt like the old art for wolverine and daken were basically reskinned versions of the same character model.. the old animations for the powers looked like they were shared as well. I'm still undecided about the new art, but being different from daken is a good start.
    This is what I was thinking.

I like the new graphic, it does seem a bit shiny like he just got slimed or something, but still, I love that he and Daken look different now. Can't tell you how many times I grabbed the wrong guy in my lineup because everything is identical on these guys, especially with Daken wearing the brown outfit that used to be wolverines.

Elektra on the other hand, not a fan of the art on her, she looks like Selena Gomez...
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the new Wolverines mostly just look grumpy.

Snarly is good. Grumpy is just grumpy.
  • Personally, I really dislike the new art. Just in general I prefer the old one, but also the lighting on the new graphics is really weird and doesn't match anything else in the game. I really hope they change his graphics back after Enemy of the State finishes.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks better than that 16yo Elektra graphic they came up with.
  • LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

Yeah I don't get it. She's one of the worst looking characters in the game and she's brand new. Still think DD is one of the coolest looking.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Also why is "huge jumping rage slash" surgical strike and "precise one handed jab" X-force?

More importantly; if we're getting a graphics upgrade that completely redoes Wolverine, why do we still get the exact same poses in the cutins used for combat skills across all three variations?
    If D3P/Demiurge wants to make us wow; change that...
  • Anyone else think that Wolverine looks kinda like Tracey Walter now?

220px-Traceywalter.jpg
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Her front-row / storybook cutin looks like she's suffering from a severe case of boot-in-the-face.
    Maybe she should start a support group with Carol.

Meanwhile, Gorgon's cutin in storybook scenes just looks plain bugged with the blade positioned as perfectly vertical as it is.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It just brings me hope that d3 could change other characters artwork. There are some dodgy ones I would love that they might considering to alter (I really can't take Beast seriously with that profile face). Not essential though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    (I really can't take Beast seriously with that profile face).
    They could give him the best artwork in the world and people still won't take him seriously until he gets better powers.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    (I really can't take Beast seriously with that profile face).
    They could give him the best artwork in the world and people still won't take him seriously until he gets better powers.

That's true but I was referring more towards the cutscenes (recently in Empire of State event).
  • angua51
    angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I loved Patch's rumpled white suit. It went so well with his eyepatch and was way cool. the new look is cheap and flash. no class at all.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The line up graphic is kinda strangel, like he's sticking his bottom lip out. It's a little too cartoony.

I'd been hoping for a while they'd update some of the older graphics. Especially since the artist has improved over the time he/they've been on board. I hope if they update Daken they do something with his snaggletooth for his 3* version.
    I...actually kinda hope they change Beast, too. That creepy phychotic ape look makes it look more like he's about to tear someone's face off and eat it rather than simply go into a berserker rage. Plus that's the image they use for conversation. Hard to see that face quoting Thomas Elliot, for example.