New Wolverine Graphic

LewsTherin0
LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Looks really cool. I hope more get updated soon.

Comments

• Is it just me, or when he's in 1st formation on the battle screen do he and Captain Marvel have something in common?

As in, we're interrupting them in the middle of an activity.

Pooping. It looks like they're pooping. That's what I'm getting at.
  • Is it just me, or when he's in 1st formation on the battle screen do he and Captain Marvel have something in common?

As in, we're interrupting them in the middle of an activity.

Pooping. It looks like they're pooping. That's what I'm getting at.
    Doc Oc and Blade both look like they just smelt a horrific fart
  • The upward thrust of adamantium slash is quite surprising.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Like the new pic model
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    daibar wrote:
    The upward thrust of adamantium slash is quite surprising.
    Its real fast lol love the new graphic
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Definitely nice to see characters are getting new artwork. Downside is he sticks out so much now, and his old artwork wasn't bad at all compared to some.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next graphic update CMags?
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    I think it stands out too much. He's brightly lit (Astonishing and X-Force, at least) compared to other characters. I thought if anyone needed a fresh art update it would be Invisible Woman.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda weird that 2* and 3* have the exact same pose. Maybe it was that way before, I don't know.

He definitely suffers from this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/hugh_jackman
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    loroku wrote:
    Kinda weird that 2* and 3* have the exact same pose. Maybe it was that way before, I don't know.

He definitely suffers from this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/hugh_jackman

Yeah, they did have the same pose before. It's also true for the other characters with more than one version (storm, thor (except 4thor), ht, etc)
  • sucks, i prefer old graphic, i thouhgt he gonna be updated so it just graphic update after all
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It just looks too, I don't know, shiny. Especially 2*, it looks like he's wearing high-visibility clothing because he's going out at night and he doesn't want to get run over.

The lighting is a little strange too.

Reminder to self, that's about 5 negative posts in a row. Don't post again until I have something positive to say.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Overall I like the new artwork, but it does make Astonishing Wolvie look like he can't quite fit into his yellow spandex any more...
  • Pretty cool overall... otoh.. surgical strike
    wVaRfel.jpg
    84TAtEx.jpg
    lol
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    tobi69 wrote:
    Pretty cool overall... otoh.. surgical strike
    wVaRfel.jpg
    84TAtEx.jpg
    lol

Agree. Surgical strike image doesn't seem so "precise", with him jumping in with his hands raised up.
  • Not a fan of the new gfx myself, makes captain marvels artwork look good.
  • Fulgren
    Fulgren Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Overall.. really happy with how it looks, ESPECIALLY the X-Force art. I've read the entire comic book run of Uncanny X-Force and I can honestly say that is the most slick looking rendition of Wolv's X-force costume I have ever seen. I am going to miss the jumping in and **** your **** up GERONIMO! pose for Berserker Rage.

So, Patch is back in a big way after Loki, and we'll probably get a Patch PVP soon. Pretty interesting how D3 is trying to create a metagame through promoting new chars and rotations, and relaunching them with new art to try to drive more use.

So just a reminder, X-Force is still king, and Patch you ain't half bad
  • Xforce looks too much like Batman but overall its alright
  • The new ability graphics are nice but I'm not a fan of the new lineup graphics

Also why is "huge jumping rage slash" surgical strike and "precise one handed jab" X-force?
  • It's great to see MPQ focusing on Artwork instead of needed game fixes.