R45 Patch Notes as shown in the App Store

Options
Purty_Hawkeye
Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
** New!! Shields have been introduced. These will protect your team's rating from other player's attacks in an event. However, attacking other players will break your shield.

**Characters with abilities that place Countdown tiles will now not fire and take AP if there are no avaialble tiles to place Countdown tiles on.

**Daily Rewards are now awarded when completing the first mission of the day as opposed to login.

**The Chapter select screen now shows the current and next daily rewards

**Addressed issues with the patch downloader that caused it to restart instead of resume when interrupted.

Comments

• Woah...the countdown tile change is a huge nerf to a lot of characters..unless they mean "only" countdown tiles. For example...so now punisher needs an open red to use his black? Same with feral claws?
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Options
    Woah...the countdown tile change is a huge nerf to a lot of characters..unless they mean "only" countdown tiles. For example...so now punisher needs an open red to use his black? Same with feral claws?

The way I read that is yes to Punisher's Molotov Cocktail because that produces a red countdown tile but no to Wolvie's Feral Claws because those are strike tiles not Countdown tiles.
  • Woah...the countdown tile change is a huge nerf to a lot of characters..unless they mean "only" countdown tiles. For example...so now punisher needs an open red to use his black? Same with feral claws?

Oooh. I hadn't thought about that, particularly w/ Wolverine. I try not to use his green unless there are available tiles, but sometimes I just want the damage.

I'm hoping this is more about M Hawkeye...

The way I read that is yes to Punisher's Molotov Cocktail because that produces a red countdown tile but no to Wolvie's Feral Claws because those are strike tiles not Countdown tiles.

I agree. But sometimes things Luke this leech on beyond the written words. So they say countdown but it effects all tile builders. Worth a check at the very least.
  • Even with Punisher's black this is a nerf. If you just want the group damage to fire with all those nice strike tiles you've stacked up.
  • Reporting in. I just tested Punisher's black skill with no available basic red tiles on the board. It still fires off dealing the initial damage. I think they made exceptions for such skills.
  • Yeah it's not a nerf, it's an improvement so you dont get the AP hit if there's no tiles to take the countdown.
  • Yeah it's not a nerf, it's an improvement so you dont get the AP hit if there's no tiles to take the countdown.

Exactly. I've fired off a Modern Hawkeye attack before not realizing there were no red tiles available (playing in The Hunt with wolvie on the team) and all of a sudden I lost my AP without a countdown tile to show for it. I think that's what this is targeted at.
  • I think this only refers to attacks that does nothing but place a CD tile when one cannot be actually placed. The stuff with CD tile as a side effect would continue to get resolved fine.
  • What's it mean, first mission of the day? Is it jyst saying we have to do something pve/pvp or is there going to be additional missions every day?
  • Bugpop wrote:
    What's it mean, first mission of the day? Is it jyst saying we have to do something pve/pvp or is there going to be additional missions every day?

Just any mission. I replayed one of those prologue missions against 3 level 5 guys for my daily supply.
  • Jurippe
    Jurippe Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Man, I have the same problem. I do a mission but I can't collect my supply. It's the last Loki I need too. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Options
    So yesterday I colected my resupply on login prior to the R45 patch download. This morning I played a retaliation in Double Shot and the resupply window opened with a little SHIELD treasure box to give me my reward. Looks like you just have to play one mission of any kind PvP or PvE to earn your resupply.
  • I had the same as Purty Hawkeye, but it looks like it's completely bugged for some people.
  • Anybody else notice that the seed characters in Double Shot have funky totals, like 6, 8, etc.?