Webslinger Nov. 16 - 19

Options
2»

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    Kind of makes me wish I kept my Capt. Marvel at 5/3/5. So many protect tiles...
    The protect tiles just makes my Level 5 Berserker Rage even better!!! 6 tiles for me almost none for you!!!! icon_twisted.gif
  • Perhaps if you Berserker Rage into CapMar's redflag.png ?

"The protect tiles! They do nothing!"
  • Anyone else notice Smash Hit is listed to start in 4 hours? It that how the new end times feature is going to work? That's like 15 hours early.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Anyone else notice Smash Hit is listed to start in 4 hours? It that how the new end times feature is going to work? That's like 15 hours early.

Thought there was a 12 hr overlap. Just means it is starting 2 or 3 hrs earlier.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Anyone else notice Smash Hit is listed to start in 4 hours? It that how the new end times feature is going to work? That's like 15 hours early.

Thought there was a 12 hr overlap. Just means it is starting 2 or 3 hrs earlier.

Nope - the overlap is on Fridays. The Wednesday one usually starts at 1 pm Eastern time.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    maybe this is the infamous beta test for choosing end times for events
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Fievel wrote:
    The protect tiles just makes my Level 5 Berserker Rage even better!!! 6 tiles for me almost none for you!!!! icon_twisted.gif
    You are in my bracket yet again wymtime.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know Spidey isn't exactly an elite 3* but I'm having an absolute ball playing with him in this PVP. Mine is 4-1-3, level 91 preboost, and teaming him up with Ares and OBW is cracking fun. Protect tiles feeding AP steal, Ares smacking everyone about, just wonderful stuff. Definitely the easiest climb to 600 ever for me
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

That it is. In the announcement thread about this, Will said one of the times was 15 hrs earlier than normal. 15,9,6,0, and -3 compared to the typical end time.
  • The match making in this one seems utterly bizarre. First day: It's a much longer run to get up to 500, as the opponents are worth about 17-19 points. When I came back after sleeping and losing about 150 points, my first new opponents were at 0 MMR, 15-18 points. Then as I climbed back and hit 450, all of a sudden there were mostly X-Force teams. A lot more skipping seems to be involved with this. Perhaps they're showing the juiciest targets in the MMR bracket first (eg the ones with high leveled teams)? Too much skipping for my liking. I usually try to hit everything I get until 450, but now I'm having to skip a lot way before that.
  • Was able to almost reach 700 pts, much higher than normal, but as usual there's the 166 wall waiting for me
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Geez, I think I set a new personal best for defensive wins in this one. Queued up three winnable fights this morning worth to push me past 600, and then got 75 points from incoming attacks and was able to shield up then and there. Spider-Man may not exactly be top-tier anymore, but he can steal some matches when the other player's not expecting a L65 character to have 13 covers.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same - woke up for -9 points. That was from about 6 defensive losses for -20ish a pop and I don't know how many more wins because they scrolled off the page. My 13 cover level 60 pre-buff spidey was having a great time with people. Doesn't need levels to stun! icon_e_smile.gif
  • The leader of my group tenken from x men was at 1700 points .. I am at 6th place and 5th is ahead of me by 1 point .. I was thinking of a quick hop but suddenly I went from 6th to 5th .. I checked and my leader fell from 1700 points to 400 points .. I guess his shield expired icon_e_surprised.gificon_question.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Fievel wrote:
    You are in my bracket yet again wymtime.

We really need to stop meeting like this. icon_e_wink.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    101st alliance rank, by 12 points. icon_mad.gif And of course, there was no alliance chat to coordinate a late push or the search for a hero-for-hire...
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    20th place with 763 points. Good enough for me, since I need both of those covers.
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    Ended up holding onto 5th place with 1435 points in my bracket. This one was a lot of fun overall. I ended up using this as a chance to flex my XForce muscles a bit - using buffed Spidey / 166 Hood / 270 XForce to absolutely rip any Spidey / Hood / Sentry team to shreds. I used 3xB/G boosts, and occasionally used All 2xAll AP for speed during hops. The post-Sentry Nerf world is looking brighter by the day icon_e_smile.gif
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    101st alliance rank, by 12 points. icon_mad.gif And of course, there was no alliance chat to coordinate a late push or the search for a hero-for-hire...

I feel your pain mate...I finished 101st in my bracket by 2 points! icon_eek.gif

Good thing that my alliance placed in the Top 100 so I got one Hulk cover at least.

Hang in there...hopefully next time we will be on the other side of the line! icon_e_wink.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I learned that Sentry hopping with a 5/5/3 build against a 249 5-purpled Spidey is rough. Even one shield neutered the bomb. Had to resort to Nova-bombing as a second wave in most cases.

On the brightside, apparently nobody is playing at noon on a Wednesday. My shield 'hop' was taking 4-5 minutes a match and I still only got hit once.