Webslinger Nov. 16 - 19

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
This is a good lead up to the fun that is hulk PVP right?

Single Player Rewards
1. All rewards from the previous rank + he who calls everyone bub greenflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png 100 spideycoin.png SMASH! blackflag.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png 100 spideycoin.png The Big Green guy blackflag.pnggreenflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png 50 spideycoin.png The horrors of gamma radiation blackflag.pnggreenflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png 50 spideycoin.png did you know he used to be grey? blackflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png 25 spideycoin.png Red hulk is better though blackflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png That character everyone used to **** about blueflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png OBW blueflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token 140 iso8.png
401-500. 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 iso8.png
300. Recruit Token -
400. 25 spideycoin.png
500. So Thor it hurts greenflag.png
600. 25 spideycoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 spideycoin.png
900. Recruit Token -
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. Nerfed to death blueflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. The Real Patch yellowflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 spideycoin.png The guy who smashes blackflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png 100 spideycoin.png Smashy McSmash blackflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png 100 spideycoin.png Joe Fixit blackflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png 100 spideycoin.png Bruce Banner blackflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png 50 spideycoin.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png 50 spideycoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png 25 spideycoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like this event.

I like running Lazy Daken and Falcon with Spider-Man. Yes, there's more than a little overlap. But purple gives both Spider-Sense protect and loads up for A Flock Of Seagulls. Getting 5 blue means Redwing is free to fly, with the option of All Tied Up or Chemical Reaction. Green matches by anyone just gives strike tiles. Yellow Inspires and loads up Web Bandages. Red and black, well who needs them.

I've had an X-Force do 1 damage. Okay, it was from only a level 145 Wolverine, but the same has happened with Sunder and Call The Storm.

A lot of other times I've been annihilated, but that's the other side of the "having fun with your characters" coin.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the one hand I'm annoyed on principle that they're giving out the same top 100/alliance cover they did the last time we got Hulk rewards. On the other hand, I need exactly two black covers to reach 5/2/5. So, yay repeat rewards!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its not the Hulk rewards that are the problem. It is the maxed out Hulk in the following PVP that is the pain. It will also be the beta test for new end times. My prediction will be the Hulk PVP where you select your end times will create a massive death bracket where top 25 will be over 1300. Players will be sharded into brackets based on the end time. Most players are in the US and I am guessing most top players are in the US (this is based on the EU end time complaints about not being able to get covers). So when the pool shrinks a lot more top players will go together.

I am really hoping not to be in that Death bracket again.

Dev's please make Dare Devil the reward for this PVP. No one wants Dare devil so if the Beta test fails I promise I personally won't complain about the sharding. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Dev's please make Dare Devil the reward for this PVP. No one wants Dare devil so if the Beta test fails I promise I personally won't complain about the sharding. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Isn't Daredevil vaulted at the moment? He's unlikely to get a PvP... I'm thinking it could be time for Doc Ock again though.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Isn't Daredevil vaulted at the moment? He's unlikely to get a PvP... I'm thinking it could be time for Doc Ock again though.

I hope it's not Doc Ock, because I don't want to have to put any effort into a Hulk PVP because they're such miserable events. I'm hoping for IM40 or Lazy Cap; someone who's been given out a ton.

If it's Doc Ock, I hope at least Black is the top 100/Alliance prize, since it hasn't been that yet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

I hope it's not Doc Ock, because I don't want to have to put any effort into a Hulk PVP because they're such miserable events. I'm hoping for IM40 or Lazy Cap; someone who's been given out a ton.

If it's Doc Ock, I hope at least Black is the top 100/Alliance prize, since it hasn't been that yet.
    Iron Man is a good bet too - since he didn't get vaulted they are probably planning to feature him in PvP/PvE at some point during the season.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IM40 was the reward last time Smash Hit was run, for whatever that is worth.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's weird, Black/Green/Red was exactly how they gave out the Hulk the last time. I'd cry foul but a) my Hulk is maxxed and b) that's actually his best arrangement.

Still, it's weird...
  • Last two PVPs were crazy, why did u have to offer hulks...I can't get to 700 pts yet I need 700 pts for top 100 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm rolling the dice on....... icon_beast.png REWARDS!!! Hahahaa at least we all know that icon_beast.png is a monster in PVP, right? Hell, he even kills it in PVE!

Said no one ever...hahaha
  • Nellyson wrote:
    I'm rolling the dice on....... icon_beast.png REWARDS!!! Hahahaa at least we all know that icon_beast.png is a monster in PVP, right? Hell, he even kills it in PVE!

Just wait until beast is pulled out of packs in 9 months to be worked on, 5 months after that you'll be sorry you didn't have a 6/6/6 beast waiting at level 166!
  • wymtime
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • wymtime
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Nellyson wrote:

Just wait until beast is pulled out of packs in 9 months to be worked on, 5 months after that you'll be sorry you didn't have a 6/6/6 beast waiting at level 166!

Didn't we have a Beast PVP last season? I just know I have 60k ISO waiting to level Hulk to 166 so lot's of people will hit skip. On defense before I start hopping I am thinking 166 Hulk, LThor and Hood on defense.
  • Jesus Christ people stop using hulk to scarecrow in an event where a character that stuns is featured. Think about what you're doing for five seconds. This **** is embarrassing.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    The rewards aren't too exciting for me, but I'm enjoying being able to take Spiderman, Falcon, and just about any damage character that brings special tiles to the table. I just swap out Psylocke, Punisher, Torch, or Daken.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    The rewards aren't too exciting for me, but I'm enjoying being able to take Spiderman, Falcon, and just about any damage character that brings special tiles to the table. I just swap out Psylocke, Punisher, Torch, or Daken.
  • I like Hulk! want to green cover but i m already sourrounded by 166 ....far always from top 25....
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Jesus Christ people stop using hulk to scarecrow in an event where a character that stuns is featured. Think about what you're doing for five seconds. This **** is embarrassing.

I've seen a lot of loaner Spidey's floating around transition teams, so it's not completely off-base.

I came in just around the time of the Spidey nerf, so never used him much. I can't tell you the number of times so far that I've gone "Hmmm Hulk, alright let me go get LCap....oh right Spidey can stun."
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    2 things about this PVP - 1) my post-nerf Spidey gets some much needed PVP play time again - OFF THE BENCH, PARKER!! 2) I picked the perfect time to finally finish maxing out my Falcon icon_e_smile.gif My record for highest powered protect tile so far this PVP is 744 each, and I had 2 of 'em on the board, then sprung a bird strike. I've only had 1 retal so far for a 35 point win - have fun hitting me for 1 damage for 10 minutes while my XForce rips ya to shreds and Falcon strips you of your tiles and throws birds at ya. See you on the battlefield...
  • Kind of makes me wish I kept my Capt. Marvel at 5/3/5. So many protect tiles...