PvE Team Up Bug

Options
dkffiv
dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
You can no longer use Team Ups when the enemy team is using the same team up character.

Example:

You cannot use Yelena's Payback Mission team up if the enemy team (say Venom, Moonstone, Daken) has Yelena's Lethal Recon team up. The game has been processing the enemy team's team up as a member of their team. I am unsure if it has always been like this but I don't recall having this issue back in heroics (I would frequently use the dark avenger who wasn't present as the team up to rotate which one I was using. At one point there must have been overlap).

Edit: After thinking about it, the issue never occurred before because the computer would choose the team up after the match started rather than before. I don't believe Team Ups should be counted as part of the team for the reason I stated before. Frequently there is a limit to what enemies appear in PvE due to a theme and being unable to use the team ups you just earned is silly.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just came to report this same thing. I was not permitted to select a Venom TU when the AI in PvE had a Venom TU displayed.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Just came to report this same thing. I was not permitted to select a Venom TU when the AI in PvE had a Venom TU displayed.

Same thing here as well.
    There is a node called Maggia in Greece on the PVP. The opposing team has a team up venom, and I can not use my venom team up.
    I checked out other nodes, and Battle in Brazil had a Lethal Recon team up, and I could not use my Black Widow Team ups there.
  • I have been looking at this, and I don't think it's a bug. I think it is intentional, and only occurs in PvE. You can't bring the team-up, but you should be able to bring the character, which will keep the AI from using it as a team-up.

Example: You go into a node in PvE with the opponents icon_daken.pngicon_juggernaut.pngicon_moonstone.png . You go into the pre-fight screen and see they have a icon_ragnarok.pngredflag.png team-up. Darn, you were going to use that team-up. Well, you go back to the character select screen and add icon_ragnarok.png to your team. Go back to the pre-fight screen and they should now have a different team-up. Maybe icon_bullseye.pngblackflag.png

I started playing around with this in The Gauntlet, and made a post about it here.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    I am experiencing the same issue.
  • Dayv
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    I have been looking at this, and I don't think it's a bug. I think it is intentional [...]
    I think it's a bug, but we really won't know until the devs weigh in.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    It's not a bug. Else this would be true for PvP as well.
  • Dayv
    Options
    locked wrote:
    It's not a bug. Else this would be true for PvP as well.
    That's not necessarily true.

PvP has no same-character lock-outs. Teamup skills in PvE are hitting a same character lockout that didn't exist before the patch showing enemy TU skills in advance. That's the new behavior.

What we don't know yet is whether this change in behavior is intended or accidental. I think it's a bug, but I can't prove it. Only a dev can tell us for sure.