epic AI cascades: share your screenshots!

Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
edit: since AI cascades are so amusing to me i'm updating this thread now to be an AI cascade screenshot sharing thread. i'd say only post if a minimum of 40ap is gained by the AI, and include a quick caption to describe the fallout from the cascade. i'll also keep this first post updated for whoever has had the most AP gained by the AI against them. icon_e_biggrin.gif

courtesy of anamosity for 101 AP:
cascade1.jpg

original post:
so it's not uncommon for the AI to pull off some insane cascades where it winds up with a bajillion AP enough to destroy you that same move. just curious if any of ya'll have ever had a similar cascade in your favor where you wind up with say...average of 10 ap per color. i definitely have had my fair share of cascades but never have i received as much as the AI does when it decides to get crazy. i've been trying to get proof of the unbalanced nature of AI cascades vs user cascade but timing the screenshot on multiple occasions has proved difficult and getting a screengrab of the ap side panel doesnt work when the AI is too busy unleashing ability upon ability on you. anyways, i'll keep trying. was just wondering if any of ya'll have wound up with some crazy amount of AP (lets say minimum of 6 AP per color with at least 15 AP from a single color in that one turn) from a cascade in your favor and whether or not you feel like this sorta mega cascade happens more/same/less for you than the AI...

Comments

• Unknown
    edited November 2014
    I've never had a cascade that gave me 10AP of each color, and never seen the AI get one either.

I have had cascades that gave me at least 15-20AP total. I have seen the AI do the same.

EDIT: Spelling
  • I've never had a cascade that gave me 10AP of each cover, and never seen the AI get one either.

I have had cascades that gave me at least 15-20AP total. I have seen the AI do the same.

sorry, i meant 10ap for at least one color...and i'm talking about mega cascades, maybe with minimum 20ap. the AI must've collected over 30ap on me earlier today, i was only able to glimpse something like 14 red and 11 TU...

getting better with catching screenshots. gonna start collecting these...
  • I've seen cascades that gave AI more than 50 total AP after one move. I'm pretty sure I've gotten the same but I used those AP right away so I don't keep track, whereas the AI never uses an ability after they made a move so you've time to see how many AP they piled up during your turn and despair.
  • 50AP?! jeez. also, hey! we're in the same bracket in fly-fight-win
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    I've gotten monster cascades (40+ AP), but the AI gets them more often.

Keep in mind that the AI's final goals and your final goals are different: strategically, the AI counts merely surviving the fight as an absolute win; tactically, the AI doesn't always go full-bore toward charging specific abilities. Players, however, would be displeased by even a victory, as long as it left their characters crippled, and players generally have a specific ability sequence in mind when getting AP.
  • I've certainly gotten ridiculous cascades. As an active player, you don't often need the ridiculousness of a 50AP cascade, as often far less than than can constitute a win on your part.

Case in point - yesterday had a match playing XF icon_wolverine.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_caroldanvers.png - got a match 5 green on the start. That cascaded into 8 green total. Cast X-Force, get more cascades and enough AP to go - Polarizing Force, Magnetic Translocation, Surgical Strike, and then something else from whatever Surgical Strike gave me. AI didn't get a turn.

Had one prior to that in one of the essentials during The Hunt where I had such a crazy cascade that they got 1 turn. After having wiped on some of those essentials due to AI cascades, I was amused enough to screen that one. Check their AP, they had matched blacktile.png once.
    N3lriXp.jpg?2

So yes, we as players get those types of cascades as often (possibly more since we can plan ahead in matching to set up cascades for ourselves) as the AI does, it's just we don't think about it since it's a part of our plan to win as the match, and the cascade has facilitated that, but we would have done it anyway. On the other hand, we're bound to remember when we're a few moves away from winning and they get one that crushes us.
  • I've never seen the AI get any insane Cascades.

I've seen them get unfortunate cascades, where 4 matches fall into place perfectly 2 or 3 times in a row.

But I've had those before.

Its all about positioning and seeing where tiles will move and when.
  • j12601 wrote:
    I've certainly gotten ridiculous cascades. As an active player, you don't often need the ridiculousness of a 50AP cascade, as often far less than than can constitute a win on your part.

Case in point - yesterday had a match playing XF icon_wolverine.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_caroldanvers.png - got a match 5 green on the start. That cascaded into 8 green total. Cast X-Force, get more cascades and enough AP to go - Polarizing Force, Magnetic Translocation, Surgical Strike, and then something else from whatever Surgical Strike gave me. AI didn't get a turn.

Had one prior to that in one of the essentials during The Hunt where I had such a crazy cascade that they got 1 turn. After having wiped on some of those essentials due to AI cascades, I was amused enough to screen that one. Check their AP, they had matched blacktile.png once.
    N3lriXp.jpg?2

So yes, we as players get those types of cascades as often (possibly more since we can plan ahead in matching to set up cascades for ourselves) as the AI does, it's just we don't think about it since it's a part of our plan to win as the match, and the cascade has facilitated that, but we would have done it anyway. On the other hand, we're bound to remember when we're a few moves away from winning and they get one that crushes us.

fair enough icon_e_smile.gif

maybe i should specify even more then for cascades not started by a board shaking ability

maybe this thread can become 'share your screenshot of crazy cascade result thread'
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Well, here's a cascade on first turn, so just pure luck and no abilities enhancing. But for me, not AI. icon_e_biggrin.gif Don't know if it qualifies?
    Btw, the biggest cascade ever the AI had that I counted was 84 AP including TU. But I didn't feel like taking a SS after it. icon_lol.gif
    2TCEajk.png
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    A six-crit AI cascade just now, after my 5-cover Dormammu's Aid already proc'd:
    enMwbzj.jpg?1

Fun. icon_lol.gif
  • AI plus Insane cascades?

My answer, constantly. I'm convinced actually, that the AI can see what's off screen because of the frequency that this happens. One of my reasons for this is the AI going for a connect 3 that doesn't have a colour that benefits it (or myself for that matter), when there is an (seemingly) obvious choice for an AP build up and then tiles come from off-screen to initiate one of these cascades.

I've seen the AI hit a cascade that went 5-8 different matches, included a connect 5, that gave them an extra turn, then hit me with their power-ups and team-up, start another cascade that included yet another connect 5, which resulted in another 2 power attacks and I'll I got to do was watch as all my characters were wiped out in that one 'turn' of the AI. Sadly, I can also say this hasn't happened only once...

I think the best cascade I've ever gotten was 5-6, and these certainly happen less frequently then the AI's.

or Maybe I have the worst luck in the history of this game...
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Heh, with Daken as the only one left standing, of all that AP he only got 4 bluetile.png , not enough even for 1 ability use. If I were AI I'd be pissed. icon_lol.gif
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I got a cascade yesterday that generated 4-6 critical tiles (lost count as it was happening so fast) and a heap of AP for me.
  • I've claimed victory on my first move, remember your opponent can only match what you leave for them.
  • I saw a cascade the other day that left the team with at least 10 in every colour. Granted this was mid-round so they had a few AP to begin with, but they must have picked up 30-40 in that one turn. Needless to say, it didn't go well icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • here are a few AI cascades for over 40AP from yesterday's climb in pvp

AI hit me up for 43AP in this one. no biggie though, it was an easy match
    2014_11_04_14_24_20.png

45AP in this one. AI was on its last legs and i guess it wanted to go out in a 'blade' of glory lol
    2014_11_04_21_44_54.png

46AP here, with dino getting plenty of juice to dance and chomp to his heart's delight
    2014_11_04_23_24_47.png
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The highest "legit" picture I have is 56:
    57c6e1c6-36fa-48ba-98ad-a31196d5b50c_zps38b9db25.png

I'm not sure if the jungle AP move was used here, but 62+ probably at least 2 env matches, one of which was a crit:
    dc966f48-7bc8-4152-9dd5-6f6b2318d4b2_zps8b3ea612.png

and 66 with some minor charged tiles:
    22937e92-ea30-49ce-9692-0e414fd4a410_zps1b173580.png
  • Spoit wrote:
    The highest "legit" picture I have is 56:
    57c6e1c6-36fa-48ba-98ad-a31196d5b50c_zps38b9db25.png

I'm not sure if the jungle AP move was used here, but 62+ probably at least 2 env matches, one of which was a crit:
    dc966f48-7bc8-4152-9dd5-6f6b2318d4b2_zps8b3ea612.png

and 66 with some minor charged tiles:
    22937e92-ea30-49ce-9692-0e414fd4a410_zps1b173580.png

ouch! how did that first match (56ap) turn out?? and was that the AI's first turn? luckily there werent any black abilities on the opposing team
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I really wish the little AP summary thing appeared for the player like it does for the AI. Some of the most amazing, game starting/game ending cascades were in my favor, but without proof...
  • I really wish the little AP summary thing appeared for the player like it does for the AI. Some of the most amazing, game starting/game ending cascades were in my favor, but without proof...

I was going to bring up this point as well. I think this might be one of the main reasons so many people believe the player never receives huge cascades, because they don't get the AP summary popping up but the AI does.