*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• onimus wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I really like Punisher + Falcon + Spiderman (161 Punisher (4/5/4), 180 Falcon (4/5/3), 161 Spiderman (4/4/5), that's my current team in the Falcon tournament.) You can kill off match damage to your team fast with a single purple and a single yellow match, and every purple match nets you immediate protection plus a possible big burst of protect tiles if you match enough purple. (It also makes me lament the change to classic magneto's purple skill; with a Spiderman + Classic Magneto combo, you were building toward an impressive nuke even as you were shielding your own team.) Or, land a Judgement and focus on yellow works well too - denying the opposing team their thunder strikes and battle plans while improving your own offense.

I've also used Punisher + Falcon + Black Panther to pretty good effect, though I usually take considerably more damage due to the much slower protect tiles from Defense Grid.

Spiderman + Falcon is one of the most annoying strongest defensive builds in the game. Match purple a few times, match yellow, cast Falcon's purple, then sit back and chip away, very effective for saving health packs.
    That combo must create the slowest offensive matches of all time.

Why would you want to muddle through PVP so miserably?

All you'd have is match damage.

That may be the worst combination of all time.

Slow, but not that slow... between falcon boosting punisher's strike and attack tiles (and his/spidey's shields) you can do enough via match damage to get to Retribution pretty fast. Add in the defensive value in not getting attacked and saving HP for longer grinds.... I can see that.

Personally, I've been pimping Daken/Thor.
  • onimus wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I really like Punisher + Falcon + Spiderman (161 Punisher (4/5/4), 180 Falcon (4/5/3), 161 Spiderman (4/4/5), that's my current team in the Falcon tournament.) You can kill off match damage to your team fast with a single purple and a single yellow match, and every purple match nets you immediate protection plus a possible big burst of protect tiles if you match enough purple. (It also makes me lament the change to classic magneto's purple skill; with a Spiderman + Classic Magneto combo, you were building toward an impressive nuke even as you were shielding your own team.) Or, land a Judgement and focus on yellow works well too - denying the opposing team their thunder strikes and battle plans while improving your own offense.

I've also used Punisher + Falcon + Black Panther to pretty good effect, though I usually take considerably more damage due to the much slower protect tiles from Defense Grid.

Spiderman + Falcon is one of the most annoying strongest defensive builds in the game. Match purple a few times, match yellow, cast Falcon's purple, then sit back and chip away, very effective for saving health packs.

Slow, but not that slow... between falcon boosting punisher's strike and attack tiles (and his/spidey's shields) you can do enough via match damage to get to Retribution pretty fast. Add in the defensive value in not getting attacked and saving HP for longer grinds.... I can see that.

• onimus wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

Well, in simulator, yea that combo works pretty well if you have an offensive threat on that team.

But if you're playing, for instance, this upcoming Beast PVP.

Falcon, Beast and Spiderman would be an intolerable team to play with.
  • Not sure if this is a bug or just an unintentional flaw in design, but when both teams have a Falcon and one of them uses Redwing, the other Falcon will steal the Redwing tile. This will continue until one of them is killed (or they have a different tile to choose). Since the Redwing timer is advantageous to the defensive team, it makes no sense that Redwing would steal this countdown.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    I agree with you. I think it's strange that when Falcon can use Redwing on different tiles, I have the feeling that he will ALWAYS get the opposite Redwing countdown tile, and that... it's not logic. It should be randomly between all the same tiles with no priority.
    What I mean is that it could be logic that countdowns are taken in priority to defense/attack/strike tiles, I guess we all agree on that point.
    But I think all countdowns should be at the same level of priority, if they're not already. (Has redwing a special priority ? It seems to me that it is true.)
    That should be fixed.

Advices if it's not fixed :
    - You have to focus on him first to be able to use his blue in your team, but if you don't have to be able to use it to win, it's no problem killing him in 3rd position.
    - You can also steal/reduce the opposite blue or be sure he will use his own blue with another team char.
    - You can also check the level of blue of your opponent before engaging the fight, which allows you to fight falcons with a lvl 1 blue that can give you an advantage.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Such threads already exist, one has been opened like a day ago, and if you would read the ability's description you would see it's no bug.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18287&p=241459&hilit=redwing#p241459
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11867&p=184944&hilit=redwing#p184944
  • Riggy wrote:
    Perhaps if there was simply an "exclude" list that Redwing won't touch.

Right. Redwing shouldn't attack Redwings countdowns opposite tiles in priority #1. In fact, he should maybe not doing it at all.

Maybe a priority list like (all same tiles at same %) :
    1° Countdowns
    2° Thunder tiles
    3° Attack tiles
    4° Defense tiles
    5° Strike tiles
    6° Bubble, Web, ...
    (7° Redwing tile ; but I think it would be beter to exclude it completely)
  • I think it's not wrong to say that the priority is wrong at the moment (that's what was called a "bug", which isn't the word I would have used), but let's continue this subject in the falcon thread =)
  • I still don't understand why spidey is a low tier character. Him paired with Deadpool is phenomenal.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but...

Falcon: The Immovable Object
    So I was just playing through Simulator 21 against Colossus with my Falcon.

Colossus used Immovable Object, which Redwing Overwrote.
    When I made my next move, rather than the appropriate character, Falcon JUMPED out in front. I tried this a few times, and as long as the Redwing Countdown tile existed, Falcon would jump out in front.

I did not notice if Falcon got the extra 50% defense buff since I had a bunch of protect tiles out and all match damage was down to 1 already.

I just posted this in Bugs as well.

EDIT:
    Tried this again, still works, but definitely does not get the defense buff.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I was playing Children of the Atom today and had Black Panther and Falcon. I put down the yellow attack tiles with Black Panther and then made subsequent yellow tile matches afterwards. Falcon's Inspiration buff did not activate, even though I had attack tiles on the board. Is this a glitch or just a one time screw up?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a silly question, but do you have Falcon's yellow skill unlocked?
  • When i use falcon in pve his blue power doesn't work when i have 5 blue ap. Sometimes it works later in the match. Is this a bug?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    It works only if there is no falcon-replacement-countdown-tile on the field.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    And at different levels, it only affects certain types of tiles.
  • project84 wrote:
    When i use falcon in pve his blue power doesn't work when i have 5 blue ap. Sometimes it works later in the match. Is this a bug?

His earlier levels require 8 blue AP stockpiled in order to trigger on certain special tile types, then with more blue covers the cost reduces to 5 and later Redwing will include countdown tiles when he swoops in.
  • Playing around with Falcon in Balance of Power, he needs a serious buff. At 270 v 270 Professor X blows Falcon out of the water with Blind Spot. 4 tiles at 238 vs 3 at 149. Prof X does have to flip a switch first tho. He can also buff on 2-4 colors (counting TUs if he tank, it does work) where Falcon only does the 1.

So, what I was thinking, was make Falcon's yellowflag.png conditionally passive like his blue, with 5 yellow being required to flip the switch, then either put him back to % buff, or up the stakes on his buff to about 180 on 3 tiles at max covers max level. Also make it buff on either Yellow/Blue/Purple matches by the team, or any match by Falcon.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Lerysh wrote:
    Playing around with Falcon in Balance of Power, he needs a serious buff. At 270 v 270 Professor X blows Falcon out of the water with Blind Spot. 4 tiles at 238 vs 3 at 149. Prof X does have to flip a switch first tho. He can also buff on 2-4 colors (counting TUs if he tank, it does work) where Falcon only does the 1.

So, what I was thinking, was make Falcon's yellowflag.png conditionally passive like his blue, with 5 yellow being required to flip the switch, then either put him back to % buff, or up the stakes on his buff to about 180 on 3 tiles at max covers max level. Also make it buff on either Yellow/Blue/Purple matches by the team, or any match by Falcon.

Falcon is a relatively easy to get 3* and Prof X is a 4*. They aren't meant to be equivalent. Falcon is pretty fine, if I were to make any tweaks to him I would cut the number of Bird Strike tiles in half and drop the AP cost to (7). That way he can get his own tiles out relatively easily and start buffing them with his yellow. I would also like to see his covers (and thus attack #s) rearranged to purple blue yellow so that he can hide behind other yellow users.

*Edit: the covers thing is like 90% true. Most of the new characters follow this pattern. Regardless I would like Falcon's color tanking strength to be Purple / Blue / Yellow.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Playing around with Falcon in Balance of Power, he needs a serious buff. At 270 v 270 Professor X blows Falcon out of the water with Blind Spot. 4 tiles at 238 vs 3 at 149. Prof X does have to flip a switch first tho. He can also buff on 2-4 colors (counting TUs if he tank, it does work) where Falcon only does the 1.

Falcon is a relatively easy to get 3* and Prof X is a 4*. They aren't meant to be equivalent. Falcon is pretty fine, if I were to make any tweaks to him I would cut the number of Bird Strike tiles in half and drop the AP cost to (7). That way he can get his own tiles out relatively easily and start buffing them with his yellow. I would also like to see his covers (and thus attack #s) rearranged to purple blue yellow so that he can hide behind other yellow users.

Maybe not, but if the Devs and the recent PvP boost experiment are to be believed, then a 280 Falcon should be as powerful as his nearest 4* equivalent (Professor X) and he just isn't.

I'd also like to see Bird Strike changed, with a lower cost, but also with random tiles throw out and not just shields.
  • I miss Falcon! I started to get him when I joined and only have 1 yellow/ 2 Blue/ 0 purple. I still use him a lot though, eventhough I have a weak starting build for him. I know Prof X is supposedly a better replacement for him, but I just don't have the will to even think about leveling up a very costly 4* when I can spend it on heroes like Falcon. There have been many days I've been thinking about maxing out my Falcon's yellow and blue covers, but can't bring myself to do so because he might be a different Falcon if and when he gets out of the vault. Plus MPQ has changed a lot since I joined 90 days ago and so I'm more cautious of where and when to spend money in this game.