Top Gun - Oct 26-29 - Season VII

Options
2»

Comments

• Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Managed to sneak in the last 30 minutes or so and place #120 for some iso8.png and a 2 star.png Storm yellowflag.png which was sold for more iso8.png

At first I thought "yeah, strike tiles and protect tiles" so I ran tiny Daken and Spidey.
    While they took minimal damage since the loaner Falcon was tanking for them on certain colors, the match took longer than I liked.
    Wound up running in alternating fashion cStorm/MN Mags & Ares/OBW just to go quickly through my seed teams and get some points.
    Got hit once for - 7 but I retaliated and got 31 instead of the measly 19-21 points I was getting.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    I must've been in a low-scoring bracket, or maybe this was just a low-scoring event overall, because I finished 6th with a mere 846 points. Most of the time, I'm lucky if that score puts me in the top 25.

Of course, given that the reward was Beast, I'm not surprised most people didn't bother.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hit the wall at 690. I had normal opposition lined up in all 3 nodes, albeit for less than 20 points each, never mind, a couple of those and I will hit 700. I win a match to get 690, and all 3 nodes are suddenly full of 166 or worse. Time to shield and call it a day.

I do not like it, Sam I am, I do not like this wall at all.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the 2nd event in a row, I failed at the last minute hop for 5. At least this time was my own fault for not giving enough time for my 2nd fight (where the enemy hood stole a yellowtile.png and then matched it low enough I couldn't steal it back, and then took a dozen turns to finally get the 2nd match) rather than being hit after being out for only 4 minutes