PVE nodes difficult to click

Options
I play using Steam on a Windows 8 PC.

I have an ongoing issue with PVE nodes being difficult to click when near top or bottom of the globe graphic. I contacted Customer Service, but they said it must be a problem with my mouse and were not interested in investigating further.

In the current PVE event 'Unstable ISO-8' there is one node named "Switching Teams" Where about 90% of the circle does not respond to clicking. There is a small sliver in the lower left of the circle where I can click to enter the node. I've had other nodes where I could only activate them after clicking a different nearby node first.

The first few times this happened, I wasn't able to discover how to play the node and later it took many frustrating minutes trying clicking different locations to enter. I can't be the only one experiencing this bug and it's unfortunate that Customer Service doesn't want to help.

Comments

• Yes, I can confirm this is happening to me as well. I'm on Windows 7.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Windows 8.1 steam version, and yeah I had a hell of a job clicking that top mode node today.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Same problem here, Windows 7.

Thanks Mirwen for noting the general area to click, it still takes me a few attempts to get it though
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mirwen wrote:
    I've had other nodes where I could only activate them after clicking a different nearby node first.

I've had this several times in the current event, but I figured it was just poor touch controls. I've only had it for this PvE and haven't noticed it anywhere else.

Windows 8, 64-Bit.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've noticed a similar issue on the mobile version of the game. If the node is near the top or bottom UI elements (the mission name and difficulty, or my ISO/HP totals), even if they're not directly overlapping, the game will interpret an attempt to tap the node as an attempt to tap the UI "dead zone," and do nothing, unless I manage to hit whatever part of the button is farthest from the overlay. But if I scroll the map up or down so the node is closer to the center of the screen, I can hit it fine. Is that not possible on PC?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same thing with me. I play on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Android version through Google Play Store. My tablet is touch screen, and over the past couple of days I've been having the same problem. I was actually beginning to think that my screen was malfunctioning and I was going to have to buy a whole new tablet. So glad it's not just me icon_e_wink.gif . Hopefully it's just for this event, and will go back to normal for the next PvE.

I have also noticed that I'm having trouble tapping on my characters abilities. Or switching between characters. But my tablet works perfectly for everything else, so it must be something in the game.
  • Add me to the list that can't get that top node of the globe on Windows 7.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Am I the only one that can re-position the whole map so that you can click/touch the top and bottom nodes better?
    I have Android phone and tablets... I've never used the PC version though...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Am I the only one that can re-position the whole map so that you can click/touch the top and bottom nodes better?
    I have Android phone and tablets... I've never used the PC version though...

Doesn't work on the PC version. You can scroll the map, but it has no effect on one's ability to click the nodes.
  • I don't think this is an issue on our end. The nodes at the top and bottom of the globe is always difficult to click. It was like this previously the same event was run. I think the scrolling mechanic of the page is causing the problem.