Fix the Sunder Bug!

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Don't worry: if your last player die killing the last enemy you win...
  • Exce1sior
    Exce1sior Posts: 30
    Options
    This still isn't fixed. Got bit by it in the Brotherhood event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It works correctly if you sunder and kill yourself. Just not when ai does it.
  • CrawHammerfist
    CrawHammerfist Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Got me today.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Perhaps the bug isn't that the tile remains, but that Ares doesn't come back to life when the countdown finishes. If he's "down" by fewer points than he's healed, it could act like a delayed action raise dead or a playing possum spell. That would be so cool.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Perhaps the bug isn't that the tile remains, but that Ares doesn't come back to life when the countdown finishes. If he's "down" by fewer points than he's healed, it could act like a delayed action raise dead or a playing possum spell. That would be so cool.
    Good God, no! Youre gonna give me nightmares man. Ares magically generating his own ap is bad enough, I don't need an unkillable zombie ares. Unless we somehow have a marvel zombies-based event. That would be cool.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Confirming that as of 06/18/2014 I am still seeing this in AI teams in both PvP and PvE, where Ares uses Sunder, Dies, and the Sunder tile remains.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sorry about that - the AI half of this should be fixed two app updates from now (R57).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry about that - the AI half of this should be fixed two app updates from now (R57).

Thanks for the confirmation and update. Means a lot!
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Options
    I just got hit with this in the Brotherhood event...again. Any eta on R57?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ...another month later! Seriously D3p is this so hard to rectify?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Another thing with Ares and Sunder (son of Nassic, son of Jous) is that he'll use it when he's the only one left and it will "down" him. My team has survived the few times he's done that to me, but what happens if it's mutually assured destruction and he takes out the opposition at the same time. Is it a draw?

I suspect the damage to the opposition is counted first, then his suicide, so it would be as a loss even though at the end of the turn no-one is left standing. Has anyone had this happen and knows for definite?
    I've had this happen when a n AI Juggernaut Headbutt killed both hi and my last character, and it counts as a win for the player. Not sure if it works the same way for player-triggered MAD, but I suspect it does.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Okay, so I noticed something I'd never seen before, or at least never paid attention to.

I'm up against Ares and I've got a Storm. Ares has like 100 health left when he fires off a Sunder. He downs himself instantly, moving to the back of the queue and going all transparent, as he is want to do. The yellow countdown tile stays put of course. Then Storm's yellow passive fires, damaging the opposing team and *poof* - the Sunder tile disappears. So clearly the game registered him as taking damage from my attack even though he was already dead.

Hopefully this odd behavior will help nail down the cause of the bug.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the additional info!

It's been nailed down and fixed - it's just that it's a client-side code change, which means it takes a while before we can get it out to you. (Since deploying a fix to the client code takes a long time, testing needs to be much more thorough (we can't fix a bug in it for 1-2 weeks), and each change of this type needs to go through platform owners' approval processes.)

It's not possible to know for sure exactly when the next release will go live before it happens, but historically we've shipped a release roughly once every two weeks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You took away our healing _before_ pushing out the fix for the Sunder bug? I just got nailed by it and i can't heal! That's really tinykitty frustrating!
  • CrawHammerfist
    CrawHammerfist Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dead bump to get my PM's out of outbox hell
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dead bump to get my PM's out of outbox hell
    PMs leave the outbox when the recipient reads them. Please don't resurrect old threads without a good reason.