Fix the Sunder Bug!

Options
Nightglider1
Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
edited October 2014 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
I just took damage from a Sunder tile that was created when Ares downed himself. For crying out loud, please fix it! icon_mad.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    There was an undocumented data push yesterday I think it's finally fixed. Just used it in shield training killing off my ares. The counter showed up for a split second then went poof.
  • Alucard_I_Am
    Alucard_I_Am Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When you use Ares the tile does not stay but when then AI uses it and kills themselves off it stays. Haven't fought him today but that is how it has worked in my experience.
  • Unknown
    Options
    No it's still there because I just had it happen to me. He was dead with captain amer still alive. I ended up outting a magneto tile over it. Nonsense. Fix this trash.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yup. Still not fixed. I had it happen twice today.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also had it happen today.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still not fixed. It happened to me earlier today.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Agreed. The Sunder bug is absolutely ridiculous. And it has been happening for a while.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Check out the announcement, it's getting fixed now.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rico Dredd wrote:
    Check out the announcement, it's getting fixed now.

They announced they fixed it but it sure isn't fixed since I'm definately on R55 and I definatley just saw Ares suicide himself with sunder and leave a CD tile behind in one of the PVE nodes.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Ares just won't go down! icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's not fixed - unless it's now a different thing causing the same bug! icon_lol.gif

I've had this Ares bug happen to me twice today since updating to R55. Both times were in the PvE with Ares on the opposing team. He killed himself when using Sunder, yet the tile was placed and stayed anyway. The first match didn't matter since I had OBW on my team making the tile irrelevant. I took a screenshot which shows the bugged tile with a 6 turn countdown, I think it might have been up to 12 before I finally cleared it off off the game board!

After that match I hard-killed the app on my iPad in case that would help somehow. Opened it again to see another data patch coming through (the loading screen with % going up to 100%), but didn't notice anything new or different.

I went back to playing the PvE nodes where I left off and quickly found out Ares still has that bug. This time my OBW had just died so couldn't help. I lost the match. I took a screenshot showing the tile. I don't know how to post images here though.

I don't know if Ares still has this bug when part of my team, or only when he's an opponent. Either way, I can't wait til it's really fixed!!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Amanda,
    [img]direct link to your image[/img]

What a persistent bug. Summer mosquito?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do the devs actually play test their patches as they claim? 'Cause some of the mistakes are glaringly obvious.
    Not really sure how you'd miss them. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still not fixed. Happened to me this morning (on R55).
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been attacked by the ghost of Ares again this morning on R55.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If Ares dies using Sunder then the countdown tile will remain on the board until it's destroyed or finishes its countdown... If you down/kill Ares after he's played his Sunder then it goes away like any other countdown tile would. So the bug is still technically there, but somewhat improved. I just assume I'll have to destroy the tile after he dies or I'll be pleasantly surprised if it goes away on it's own.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If Ares dies using Sunder then the countdown tile will remain on the board until it's destroyed or finishes its countdown... If you down/kill Ares after he's played his Sunder then it goes away like any other countdown tile would. So the bug is still technically there, but somewhat improved. I just assume I'll have to destroy the tile after he dies or I'll be pleasantly if it goes away on it's own.

Yep, that's exactly right. I have had this same situation and result happen after the R55 update.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That is what happened to me as well.

Close but no cigar.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got this today as well, on R55. Another thing with Ares and Sunder (son of Nassic, son of Jous) is that he'll use it when he's the only one left and it will "down" him. My team has survived the few times he's done that to me, but what happens if it's mutually assured destruction and he takes out the opposition at the same time. Is it a draw?

I suspect the damage to the opposition is counted first, then his suicide, so it would be as a loss even though at the end of the turn no-one is left standing. Has anyone had this happen and knows for definite?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Whenever the last-standing enemy downs your team/last hero, and suicides too in the process (some goons that explode, Ares, Juggernaut, the Hulk, the Sentry), it counts as a victory for the player.

proof with the Hulk
    QtfVKIAl.png