How Nick Fury cover ruined my day

Options
h4n1s
h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I got a star.pngstar.png token so I opened it up and there was icon_nickfury.png ....

Shoot... I have 375 imcoin.png in stack, no free slot and new slot costs me 450 imcoin.png . Frankly I don't need him now, and I won't use him for about next 6 months (as I am in 2*->3* transition)...

I don't know what to do now, it is quite tough to just toss him away just like that, still it is a legendary character... I feel sad where some would feel lucky.

Comments

• Can you get 75 hp in the next week? Hit 400 in three PVPs? Get top 50 in a couple PVE subs? Any of the prologue nodes offering HP still available that you can hammer? Join/create an alliance? Spend $2?
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    What about getting rid of a 1* or lower tier 2* since those covers are everywhere.
    This coming from a 280 daily player yet to see a Fury cover.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Luckily, Prodigal Sun is giving away HP like Halloween candy. If you put some time into the sub-events today and tomorrow morning you can come away with 50 HP from each without too much trouble.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey if you've got the time and the will to, grind those last Sentry pVe nodes to hell! = 200HP
    Or do your darndest in pVp and hopefully you can squeek up to 800. = 100HP
    Or if you get lucky you might pull some HP from a daily reward. *fingers crossed*
    And the anniversary is coming up! oh wait...i really shouldn't get your hopes up for that one lol

But as they as, if there's a will, there's a way!★

Edited to Add: dang i type slow haha most of my ideas were already said but good luck!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daily rewards gives HP, both randomly and scheduled, where are you at there?

75HP in 6 days should be more than doable. If it isn't, either spend $2 or burn a lesser character to get the spot.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Even if you can not "use" him in the practical sense (it will take so long to collect covers/level up), you should still keep him for those random "Required" nodes. They have required Nick Fury in the past, I bet they will require him in the future.
  • Tagstar87 wrote:
    Even if you can not "use" him in the practical sense (it will take so long to collect covers/level up), you should still keep him for those random "Required" nodes. They have required Nick Fury in the past, I bet they will require him in the future.
    speaking for requiring Nick Fury for the essentials, I want one with x-Force...
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:

Well that's the thing, I am not worried about not having HP for the slot much, yes I can earn it or I can dump 2* Cap, who is close to dead meat in my roster, to free up slot. But THE SLOT would be occupied by a character which will be sooner covered with dust then with covers, and I don't expect essential Fury nodes any time soon. So the thing that I am currently worried of is the investment - Fury for me at the moment is very bad short term investment (<3 months) and bad mid term investment (3-6 months) - that's about the rational side of the coin.

But I know I will beat myself every time I will open token and there will be another fury cover, if I toss this one out - that's about the emotional side of the coin.

And that's the freaking dilema icon_e_biggrin.gif

(I had the same dilema with bag-lady, I kept her in my roster with one cover... she's still there, still with one cover for few months already, and she's still useless - still I find it hard to click the button "sell", because of the irrational 'What if...?')

Guys please don't offer me solution, there isn't any icon_e_smile.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    Tagstar87 wrote:

Well that's the thing, I am not worried about not having HP for the slot much, yes I can earn it or I can dump 2* Cap, who is close to dead meat in my roster, to free up slot. But THE SLOT would be occupied by a character which will be sooner covered with dust then with covers, and I don't expect essential Fury nodes any time soon. So the thing that I am currently worried of is the investment - Fury for me at the moment is very bad short term investment (<3 months) and bad mid term investment (3-6 months) - that's about the rational side of the coin.

But I know I will beat myself every time I will open token and there will be another fury cover, if I toss this one out - that's about the emotional side of the coin.

And that's the freaking dilema icon_e_biggrin.gif

(I had the same dilema with bag-lady, I kept her in my roster with one cover... she's still there, still with one cover for few months already, and she's still useless - still I find it hard to click the button "sell", because of the irrational 'What if...?')

Guys please don't offer me solution, there isn't any icon_e_smile.gif

I think you should ask yourself a question. Are you planning on playing this game for a while or not? If you want to play it for a while, keep it. It is very difficult to get a Fury. I would even recommend that If you don't have the HP needed put it some $ and buy it. If you sell it now, you are going to regret it in the future. I am sure of it. It is always better to invest in the medium and long term, and you won't regret it.

It was different in the past with Iw and XForce because they were very bad characters, but now with Fury and the new XForce you have to keep them, because you will use them for sure in the future. And they are VERY difficult to win (and Fury is 'usable' very early on, a 140 lvl, 2/2/3 is already usable in PvE).
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OP, I hear you. It's frustrating to "win" a 4* cover when you know it will be 100% worthless for at least 6-12 months. I just pulled a 4* Wolverine that I will probably never use. That's basically a ~500 HP sinkhole that won't get recovered, not to mention he just royally screwed my ability to compete in PvE thanks to scaling. But there's no way I'm going to get rid of it. And so it will sit, reminding me of how I will never win a PvP or ever get a 1300 progression reward unless somehow I am still playing this game in like a year because yes it takes that long now, and let's be honest: I doubt it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • loroku
    Options
    Luckily, Prodigal Sun is giving away HP like Halloween candy. If you put some time into the sub-events today and tomorrow morning you can come away with 50 HP from each without too much trouble.
    What in the world are you talking about?

It's comments like these that remind me that most forum posters are wildly out of touch with the way most people play this game.

You realize that only the top 1/2 of 1% - that's 0.5% - of people in the subs get HP? That is, for 99.5% of the playerbase, impossible. "Dropping like Halloween candy?" Really?
  • loroku wrote:
    What in the world are you talking about?

It's comments like these that remind me that most forum posters are wildly out of touch with the way most people play this game.

You realize that only the top 1/2 of 1% - that's 0.5% - of people in the subs get HP? That is, for 99.5% of the playerbase, impossible. "Dropping like Halloween candy?" Really?

Might want to check your math there. Top 50 of 1000 get (at least) 50 hp. That's 5%, or 1 in 20. If you focus on one sub, and play even semi-optimally, it's not that dificult.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given that I can place in the top 20 while playing a given sub maybe four times total, I get the impression that a large, large majority of the 1,000 people in the bracket play through once and call it done. If you (a) have the essential character; and (b) care to dedicate time for any grinding at all, you're leapfrogging enough people that you're in competition with a number much smaller than 1,000 for the HP reward tiers.
  • I sold Moonstone for my Nick Fury cover I got last week for the season 10-pack. If that's an option for you I suggest you take it.
  • loroku
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    That's 5%, or 1 in 20. If you focus on one sub, and play even semi-optimally, it's not that dificult.
    5%, you're right. But that's still leaving 95% of players out in the cold. Not exactly generous, and far from "dropping like candy."
    Given that I can place in the top 20 while playing a given sub maybe four times total, I get the impression that a large, large majority of the 1,000 people in the bracket play through once and call it done. If you (a) have the essential character; and (b) care to dedicate time for any grinding at all, you're leapfrogging enough people that you're in competition with a number much smaller than 1,000 for the HP reward tiers.
    Your impression of this game and mine are vastly different. I busted my hump in every sub (except for the insane difficulty ones which were impossible) and I made top 50 once. Maybe you got into some really easy brackets or something. From my perspective, most people grind at least a bit and play from time to time, but only the people who hit nearly every refresh can be in the top 5%.

Again: not simple, not even close. I was actually thinking that this PvE had particularly stingy sub rewards. Not only are there no covers, but only 5% of people get any HP. It'd be nice if the top 100 got 25 at LEAST. But this whole event is extremely stingy.