Scoring during Earth's mightiest Tournament

Options
the scoring for the Earth's Mightiest Tournament was broken similar to how the No Hold's Barred and Hood's tourneys are broken. You are not losing 6-12 points for similar ranked losses but instead losing 26-32 points per loss. it makes playing for days pretty useless when the top 50 is really settled in the final 5 min, it all boils down to if 0 vs 3 people choose to counter attack you in the final 5 min...

in a normal scored tourney i only would lose -40 points once im in the 1000-1100 range being attacked by someone at the 700-800 level. what im seeing here is absurd numbers for losses making it pretty impossible to even reach the 900 mark.

during no holds, IceIX asked for some screens, here's what i could get.

1. me 479 atk by 448 - my loss -26
2. me 498 atk by 406 - my loss -31
3. me 527 atk by 465 - my loss -29
4. me 591 atk by 449 - my loss -35

HQpFjfd.png?1

lQgxueE.png?1

OUVSGBt.png?1

5JVy9Tp.png?1

Comments

• Right after the lost for #4 above where i had 591 atk by 449 with a loss for -35 I loaded him up in the counter attack.

It looked like he gained 35 (449 + 35) = 484 which is exactly the amount I lost. if tournaments are zero sum games that doesnt work. it's always been possible to climb the ladder by attacking those at equal or slightly higher than your level. Except now to counter attack someone at 484 when i have 556 I will only gain 20 points... that's a bad deal anyway you cut it because I'll just lost -35 again on his counter.

k8zVfvd.png?2
  • Makes the problems very obvious in that last pic there. It's been quite hard getting anywhere near 1100 last few tourneys. Been stuck around 500-600 when usually 800-900 really isn't too much effort. Past 900 my usual problems not 500. Thanks for the pics.
  • ICEIX, you gotta do something about those ninja updates. I know there weren't any changes. Thats why it's a ninja update. We asked for the 1400 point progression awards to be more feasible and others (not I) ask to be able to be able to make it so they lose less when beaten. Both of those have been made worse.

Its hard to breach 600
    There is a major cluster at 500. Losing one fight for 30 points will change your rank from 2 to 20. It's extremely volatile.
  • A small point -- the issue didn't start during NHB, it was during the weekend 3* tournament. At least, that's where it was most noticed.

But I fully agree that this is broken.
  • It's annoying that the Devs make us play forensic scientist in figuring out this game instead of having an open discussion with us about it.

I don't mind the scoring system, but make the reward tiers more sensible to reflect the change in how the scoring is done.
  • Hey! I managed to get to 610 and getting the purple o.widow award... before I was knocked down. Kinda expensive. Used up 600 HP on heal packs and broke even on ISO-8 using boosts.

Stayed in forest
    Used boosts:
    3 of all ap
    3 to blue and purple

GSBW in middle for 4 environmental and 4x critical
    IM40
    C. Hawkeye

Focused on a single purple match, 2 if possible, and 1 environmental tile match (because 2 env + 1 crit = 48 AP)

Starting off with 12 environmental, get use Take Aim on 2 Env. Tiles. 60 Env, use Thorned Rose. +5 to all AP
    Match purple, use take aim on another pair of env tiles.

grab green, blue, yellow cuz you need em, and to deny opponent. sometimes recharge is handy if you can use it early on.

in just couple turns you can use sniper rifle and ballistic salvo
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Hey! I managed to get to 610 and getting the purple o.widow award... before I was knocked down. Kinda expensive. Used up 600 HP on heal packs and broke even on ISO-8 using boosts.

I, for one, admire your dedication to using really whacked out teams... despite knowing that you have vastly more efficient ones available to you.
  • I'm getting the same damn thing. It's really turning me off these damn tournaments. I log out for about 30 minutes and I lose 108 points from 4 attacks. Got knocked from 3rd place to 18th.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OI-dToDyqTSko4XzU1RVRCblU/edit?usp=sharing
  • I agree, the scoring system in these tournaments are really screwed up. If you take a break for say 30 minutes to an hour, when you come back you get knocked down from top 5 to 50 - 100 bracket. **** are we supposed to do? never take a break? Its already hard enough climbing the ladder when you reach the top since all you get are 15- 20ish points per battle. Fix this **** scoring system already icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • F*uck me, from top 5 to top 45 in the last couple of minutes. I got a bunch of screenshots, but I didn't get the last one showing the 4 people who sneak-attacked me in the last couple of minutes. I lost over 100 points and each attacked averaged 25-30 points, while I could only retaliate for 20-25 points. I couldn't stay in the top 5 no matter what I did.
  • I noticed in my bracket someone at #1 with nearly 800 points, and 30 minutes left. Spider_Man was his handle. The next guy was less than 500 points. With the jacked up scoring system, how does someone get that high without getting knocked down for 50 points for each loss, especially during the last 30 minutes of play? I call shenanigans.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I noticed in my bracket someone at #1 with nearly 800 points, and 30 minutes left. Spider_Man was his handle. The next guy was less than 500 points. With the jacked up scoring system, how does someone get that high without getting knocked down for 50 points for each loss, especially during the last 30 minutes of play? I call shenanigans.

Because they aren't getting attacked.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    I noticed in my bracket someone at #1 with nearly 800 points, and 30 minutes left. Spider_Man was his handle. The next guy was less than 500 points. With the jacked up scoring system, how does someone get that high without getting knocked down for 50 points for each loss, especially during the last 30 minutes of play? I call shenanigans.

They found a nice (low) MMR bubble to hide in.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

Because they aren't getting attacked.
    Nemek wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:

They found a nice (low) MMR bubble to hide in.

Exploiting game mechanics to get high rank rather than being scored on actual ability or effort . . .

S H E N A N I G A N S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Women%27s_doubles
  • Yea, the exact same thing happened in the last tournament where this scoring was prevalent. A very small handful of people were able to skate through to the 800 level while the rest of us slugged it out in the 400-500's.
  • This scoring system is really PISSING ME OFF 3 times I've reached over 200 points over everyone and after 5 battles it kicks me to 4th place. **** is this $hit!?!?

From going to 790+ points back to 610+ is ridiculous I mean ****!!! 3 pure hours of grinding just to get spit on by your **** BROKEN system is a slap to the face.

If your goal is to piss off your community and get everyone who participates in the tournaments to hate you, then mission accomplished; you've truly done your job in this area

Fix this now!!!