Season VI - Predator and Prey - 6 - 8 Oct

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_wolverine.png X-Force greenflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_sentry.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png , 100 imcoin.png, redflag.pnggreenflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png , 50 imcoin.png, redflag.pnggreenflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, purpleflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. 250 iso8.png
300. Recruit Token
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. icon_daken.png DA Wolverine blackflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Recruit Token
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png 250 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, greenflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Edit: Updated.

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    oh god....Sentry + 1300 Nick Fury...this is gonna be absolutely insane
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    For those wondering who don't have their phones handy, the covers:

1: X-Force icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png + icon_sentry.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
    2-5: icon_sentry.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
    6-10, 11-25: icon_sentry.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
    26-50, 51-100: icon_sentry.pnggreenflag.png
    101-200, 201-300: icon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    26-100 get green only.
  • Nellobee wrote:
    26-100 get green only.
    Yeah, bad copy-paste. Thanks for catching it.
  • oh god....Sentry + 1300 Nick Fury...this is gonna be absolutely insane

i already had fading interest in the pve spidey covers ....this just cements it.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    great..its not like there are not too many sentry users out there..
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    great..its not like there are not too many sentry users out there..
    Then it's up to us to make sure there aren't any more. Push push push!
  • Looks like I'll be giving my "don't shield and hope for top 50" Wednesday strategy another go.
  • Ugh, top 5 would let me finish my sentry, but like Ben pointed out, Wednesday midday finish is hard to cement a final standing for silly steam users like myself.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Looks like I'll be giving my "don't shield and hope for top 50" Wednesday strategy another go.
    So am I correct in assuming that the theory behind this is that if you stabilize at 50th while not shielding, your MMR effectively lowered by the balance of attacks? I'm not sure what the point value ratio is in wins vs losses, but it's probably like 1 win for every 3-5 losses. Thus you lose MMR while keeping your same score, helping your future PvP bracketing.

(also assumes MMR is affected by defensive wins/losses, and that MMR affects bracketing at least a little)
  • Trisul wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Looks like I'll be giving my "don't shield and hope for top 50" Wednesday strategy another go.
    So am I correct in assuming that the theory behind this is that if you stabilize at 50th while not shielding, your MMR effectively lowered by the balance of attacks? I'm not sure what the point value ratio is in wins vs losses, but it's probably like 1 win for every 3-5 losses. Thus you lose MMR while keeping your same score, helping your future PvP bracketing.

(also assumes MMR is affected by defensive wins/losses, and that MMR affects bracketing at least a little)

Nope. It's more: seriously tank, don't aim my score too high, and nobody attacks me because the people who's mmr allows them to see me can't reliably beat me. I got up to 644 last week at about t-minus 6 hours and didn't get attacked once for that last six hours or so. I'm curious to see if I can repeat that this week.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

I am going for the lazy no shielding not boosts route and see how far you can climb in the last 30 minutes, managed to get to 11th this morning. Only problem with this method is hitting 900 makes my score laughable compared to other members of S.H.I.E.L.D while I recover my +all boosts which got nuked in the bug of last week. Everything should be back to normal for the start of the next season.
  • Well after icon_sentry.png , it's icon_ms_marvel.png time.
  • Good, a PvP that I don't have to care about, sure I can use the covers, but I have not even leveled my Sentry.

Hope I don't care about the following PvP either.
  • Need to get top 25 for any covers I might actually need - not gonna happen, based on my most recent luck.

I've tried joining crazy late to luck into a new bracket - no dice. Maybe I'll just give this PVP a pass and relax a bit...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next PVP how many Sentry, Daken, Hood combo's will we see icon_e_sad.gif I know I will be running that combo, but that does not mean I want it to be the norm. How about another Deadpool cover, Cmags, or She-Hulk run!! Oh how I have a love hate relationship with Sentry.
  • I really need Sentry Yellow, but I doubt I can manage top 5 even with shieldhopping, not in this one.
    wymtime wrote:
    Next PVP how many Sentry, Daken, Hood combo's will we see icon_e_sad.gif I know I will be running that combo, but that does not mean I want it to be the norm. How about another Deadpool cover, Cmags, or She-Hulk run!! Oh how I have a love hate relationship with Sentry.

How about sticking in a little squishy Otto with a black cover or two, and maybe a couple blues, just for variety icon_e_wink.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could really use that #1 placement but I doubt I'll get it. Have yet to join though. Wednesday end dates are typically bad for me if something comes up.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    And now entering the ring comming from Wakanda with a health of 12614 lbs buffed BLACK PANTHER!!!! Who will BP partners be in this match? Might it be the all strike tile team of Daken and Patch. Build up lots of yellow green and black AP and let the fireworks begin with Battle plan, followed by Berserker rage, then RAGE OF THE PANTHER!!! What someone is still standing? Chemical reaction should finish them off just fine!!.
    Too slow for you then lets speed things along. A team that can help you gather AP. Captain America and Hood!! Hood steals all the AP you need for battle plan, star spangled avenger, Rage of the Panther!!!!
    You want a rainbow of opportunities, how about bringing along GSBW and Hood. Hood makes sure there is no AP for the other team while Rage of the Panther and Sniper rifle wipes out the compitition!!
    at the end of the day you are looking for defense and big wins. Look no further than the shield hopping team of Hood and Sentry. BP will tank all colors for hood and Battle plan will actually be better strike tiles buffed then Sacrafice. Now you can kill more opponents before using your presious health packs.

The Wakandan Wonder will be on the hunt will you be the Predator or the Prey!!!
  • Hood + Sentry really does sound like a good combo with buffed BP, but I tried it for a couple matches and for whatever reason ended up taking a lot of damage and winning with RotP anyway. Maybe they were bad boards, I dunno, but I went back to Patch + Hood after that.