Why on earth are people sentry bombing in LRs??

Options
2»

Comments

• You dont get my point veth.. I can understand why ppl tank.. They want to have the possibility to have sustained play session.. I can understand why ppl shield hop or shield in pvp.. They want to maintain ranking to get covers, "prestige" or just put points for the alliance.. I can understand sentry bombing in pvp as it is the safest way to climb up the scoreboard.. But in LR? Why so? Its like putting shields in LR.. Whats the point? Its not alliance related..Who is willing to lose hp for 2-3 terrible tokens..if you can explain it to me then it will maybe make sense to me..

I do get your point. But I also dont see the point in tanking with a fully leveled and buffed team. That is what bagman is for.
  • daibar wrote:
    After a certain point, iso is meaningless. It's probably more about fun and competition to see who can rack up a higher score faster.

At which point is ISO meaningless? Unless you spend real money to buy ISO to max out every single character in the game (which make the whole game meaningless) there is never a time where ISO is meaningless.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    After a certain point, iso is meaningless. It's probably more about fun and competition to see who can rack up a higher score faster.

At which point is ISO meaningless? Unless you spend real money to buy ISO to max out every single character in the game (which make the whole game meaningless) there is never a time where ISO is meaningless.

From the twysta sandbox thread: (not my roster)
    4e42fcfa-3252-48b1-8249-58224964ce43_zps8f0fdb39.jpg

I'm definitely not there yet, but for the people in the end-game who have maxed their rosters, iso is more than plentiful.
  • vetheran wrote:
    I don't see this as a bigger issue than fully leveled and buffed teams tanking with 0 points icon_e_smile.gif Some people just like to mess others up.

Pretty sure those aren't actual people any more than the 1/1/60 teams with 0 points.

As for ranking, I often try to get in the 26-50 spot for the two heroics. Last night, the second heroic landed me my 3rd Yellow Sentry cover, so well worth it icon_e_smile.gif

Also, doesn't anyone ever run Hood + Sentry without boosts? That still seams like a powerful team.
  • kalirion wrote:
    vetheran wrote:
    I don't see this as a bigger issue than fully leveled and buffed teams tanking with 0 points icon_e_smile.gif Some people just like to mess others up.

Pretty sure those aren't actual people any more than the 1/1/60 teams with 0 points.

As for ranking, I often try to get in the 26-50 spot for the two heroics. Last night, the second heroic landed me my 3rd Yellow Sentry cover, so well worth it icon_e_smile.gif

Also, doesn't anyone ever run Hood + Sentry without boosts? That still seams like a powerful team.

Still powerful, but with no boosts why bring Hood? You'd need to get 8 black in addition to the 8 green and 7 yellows to make any use of him. At that point it would be better to switch in Laken and focus on green. Still fast and you'll get 300+ damages in strike tiles (provided they all survive)
  • Kappei wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    vetheran wrote:

Still powerful, but with no boosts why bring Hood? You'd need to get 8 black in addition to the 8 green and 7 yellows to make any use of him. At that point it would be better to switch in Laken and focus on green. Still fast and you'll get 300+ damages in strike tiles (provided they all survive)

7 Green and 8 Yellows you mean? Hood is there to make you get those quicker AND keep the enemy from launching their attacks. And you can always add Daken to tank for him if you like (if Hood is low level and Daken is high level enough.)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    daibar wrote:

I'm definitely not there yet, but for the people in the end-game who have maxed their rosters, iso is more than plentiful.

Actually being that that's my screenie... despite the high supply of ISO, I'm inclined to disagree... if I wanted to for instance max all the characters I wanted to max then I'd have no ISO. If you go through my roster you'll notice that even most of my 2* and 1* are unmaxed.
    Hell even levelling a 4* to max is almost half a million ISO. That ISO took me FOREVER to collect and I could use it all in seconds.
    I consider ISO a prime commodity and I would love to get as much of it as I can get my hands on, ISO will never be meaningless.
  • Twysta wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Justdangit wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Actually being that that's my screenie... despite the high supply of ISO, I'm inclined to disagree... if I wanted to for instance max all the characters I wanted to max then I'd have no ISO. If you go through my roster you'll notice that even most of my 2* and 1* are unmaxed.
    Hell even levelling a 4* to max is almost half a million ISO. That ISO took me FOREVER to collect and I could use it all in seconds.
    I consider ISO a prime commodity and I would love to get as much of it as I can get my hands on, ISO will never be meaningless.

I gotta ask this question...why oh why did you spend all that ISO on Daredevil?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pre-daken, he was actually kind of useful and fun to play.
    The damage his red does for 7AP is spectacular.

Then Daken came out and made him redundant.
    Then Sentry came out and made him pretty much unusable... I don't use him anymore icon_e_sad.gif
    Pre-daken/sentry though, I used him to climb and you know... one miss match and it was game over for most characters on defense - considering I would only ever pair him with hood as well meant that he was just that bit more viable... in my eyes.

That and I told the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D I was going to do it. I'm a man of my word. icon_e_ugeek.gif

I also may or may not have been persuaded by Admiral Ackbar. trap.png