Why on earth are people sentry bombing in LRs??

Options
franckynight
franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
well.. lately, i saw more and more ppl sentry bombing in LRs.. i know some want to finish first in all events.. they are competitors and i dont want to question that.. but let me get things straight.. LRs are all about isos.. you shouldnt even care about ranking.. if you have to invest Hp and isos in LRs, you should be ashamed of.. i know some are gonna argue that they saw me at the top of the ranking here and there in LR.. thats true, but just bescause above a certain score you only see seed teams hence easy isos.. thats how ive leveled my chars so far.. and thats how all these ppl with meh rosters should hit LRs instead of losing isos and Hp for ranking and tokens nobody cares...hit me away.. i dont mind and im not even against some retals wars but please dont lose isos and hp by doing so..
10519642_833024623382775_7424149249864207868_n.jpg?oh=da34c6b506cf227da32a1411ae76bd24&oe=5485C036&__gda__=1418014186_8d7fe132ab6403a134b5f4730e455257

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well said. Especially when the top reward of LR are just tokens, which does not even guarantee a 3* cover.

I play LR because it's a good source of iso, not for the covers nor the prestige.
  • I don't see this as a bigger issue than fully leveled and buffed teams tanking with 0 points icon_e_smile.gif Some people just like to mess others up.
  • franckynight
    Options
    You dont get my point veth.. I can understand why ppl tank.. They want to have the possibility to have sustained play session.. I can understand why ppl shield hop or shield in pvp.. They want to maintain ranking to get covers, "prestige" or just put points for the alliance.. I can understand sentry bombing in pvp as it is the safest way to climb up the scoreboard.. But in LR? Why so? Its like putting shields in LR.. Whats the point? Its not alliance related..Who is willing to lose hp for 2-3 terrible tokens..if you can explain it to me then it will maybe make sense to me..
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I guess they do it for the same reason as those people who spend all the money for shields and bonuses do in PVP events even though they already have maxed characters that are the top prizes. It's a game, and people can do what they want whether anybody understands or agrees with it. Amazing that a person from an alliance group with such obnoxious play habits could question how ANYONE else plays!
  • franckynight
    Options
    Xalthim wrote:
    I guess they do it for the same reason as those people who spend all the money for shields and bonuses do in PVP events even though they already have maxed characters that are the top prizes. It's a game, and people can do what they want whether anybody understands or agrees with it. Amazing that a person from an alliance group with such obnoxious play habits could question how ANYONE else plays!
    if you cant come here discuss with nothing else than tainted argument please stay away from the topic.. thank you..
  • After a certain point, iso is meaningless. It's probably more about fun and competition to see who can rack up a higher score faster.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with you about the Sentry bombing. It just seems unnecessary. How far do most people try to make it in LRs? I usually complete the seed teams up to 100 pts and then bail usually due to time restraints.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some people just want to watch the world burn...
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you sure they're actually using shields and boosts? Or are they just using Sentry and some combination of Hood and/or Daken?

If they're spending HP and ISO on shields/boosts then I agree, it's nuts. On the other hand, if they're just using Sentry I don't see the big deal--especially on a day like yesterday when a new PVP just started and there's no PVE going on--people have health packs and they're not playing much of anything else besides LRs so there's no real drawback to Sentry's team damage.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I agree with you about the Sentry bombing. It just seems unnecessary. How far do most people try to make it in LRs? I usually complete the seed teams up to 100 pts and then bail usually due to time restraints.

If I've got an hour to kill and nothing better to do with my life or my health packs I'll try and place in an LR. Can't hurt, and sometimes you get a lucky token draw; I got an LDaken black that way last night.
  • Xalthim
    Options
    Xalthim wrote:
    if you cant come here discuss with nothing else than tainted argument please stay away from the topic.. thank you..

In other words, if I agree with you, I am free to post!
  • Xalthim
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Are you sure they're actually using shields and boosts? Or are they just using Sentry and some combination of Hood and/or Daken?

If they're spending HP and ISO on shields/boosts then I agree, it's nuts. On the other hand, if they're just using Sentry I don't see the big deal--especially on a day like yesterday when a new PVP just started and there's no PVE going on--people have health packs and they're not playing much of anything else besides LRs so there's no real drawback to Sentry's team damage.

Agreed, compadre! I have won my share of LRs with Sentry and no bonuses or extra healthpack "purchases". With full health, you can revive sentry and bomb 15 to 20 matches easily winning some LRs.
  • westnyy2 wrote:

My goal is always 26-50, unless I luck out on defensive wins and top 8 or 2 is realistic. If I'm not going to be able to play at the end, I'll usually just fight all the seed teams and stop.
  • franckynight
    Options
    Xalthim wrote:
    Xalthim wrote:

In other words, if I agree with you, I am free to post!
    of course you're free to post.. just try not to stir controversy when there s no point doing that here.. anyway.. i agree with vuduu. thats not the use of sentry that stunned me its the sentry bombing.. i ve been hit 2-3 times in 3-4 min.. thats the mark of sentry bombing.. ap boost+ 3all boost.. i dont mind..its just that id like to know why.. some answers given here make sense..
  • Sentry bombing with 0 boosts isn't terrible for people who are just doing a few matches then moving on to what they were doing. Using Boosts and shields in LR for anyone who doesn't actually need 3* covers is completely silly. I could sort of kind of maybe possibly understand the ridiculous scores in pvps for people who want to compete with their friends (even if there's 0 reward for it) As long as they acknowledge they're basically just paying a ton of cash to outscore their friend. Doing so in an LR really makes no sense what-so-ever. Most people only play LR's as a source for ISO with a few actually hoping for that 1 cover that eludes them. It would be a GREAT change to take all LR toons out of heroic tokens and make them LR token only (aside from event rewards) and roll all those missing new characters into heroic tokens.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only if they took C.Mags, Daken and Hood out of the LR pool, or greatly expanded the availability of LR tokens.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Simple...
    To minimize the chances of getting hit in the last 3 minutes of the even and dropping from 26th to 68th place.

A single sentry bomb every 2 hours in LR's isn't that bad at all and it really doesn't use up that many health packs.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    Simple...
    To minimize the chances of getting hit in the last 3 minutes of the even and dropping from 26th to 68th place.

A single sentry bomb every 2 hours in LR's isn't that bad at all and it really doesn't use up that many health packs.
    This, entirely. Some people still find value in those Tokens as well. I'd Sentry bomb it if I didn't use it for just ISO just to get some extra tokens knowing I'd be less in the end.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2014
    Options
    well.. lately, i saw more and more ppl sentry bombing in LRs.. i know some want to finish first in all events.. they are competitors and i dont want to question that.. but let me get things straight.. LRs are all about isos.. you shouldnt even care about ranking..

Well this last patch there was an update. That update has a flaw that gives free boost, whether the player wants to pay for them or not. So if the boost are free. They used them.
  • El_Dude
    Options
    Some people just want to watch the world rupture...

c'mon man...it was right there waiting for you. icon_e_ugeek.gif