Perfect time for a buy-in event.

Options
With nothing ending in at least a day, now would be a perfect time to have another elite tournament. I dont understand why d3 always get an elite up and running when there are already 2 or 3 event ending at the same time while when there is nothing going on they dont run it.
I sure a lot of people would love a deadpool reward event or may be even throw in an xforce or fury cover for first place.

Comments

• Would be a bad time to have a buy-in event if the R60 patch goes in during the middle of the event.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Would be a bad time to have a buy-in event if the R60 patch goes in during the middle of the event.
    Meh, when have ongoing events ever mattered for their patch schedule
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Would be a bad time to have a buy-in event if the R60 patch goes in during the middle of the event.
    Meh, when have ongoing events ever mattered for their patch schedule

What spoit said.

Also that patch is already a few days late. It would be better if they have the patch straight after the even of PVE sub as there wont be anything ending within a day.
  • How about no buy ins until they nerf sentry?
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    How about no buy ins until they nerf sentry?

$entry is the new Rags. No nerf until the next unequivocally OP character comes out.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've made this suggestion before, but what about a buy-in Draft event.

You get 10 random covers, each becomes a fully leveled character with the pulled cover at 5, and the other 2 at 4 (except in 2 skill only characters in which case, you get 5/5). Build the team you can from the 10 possible options, and then see what chaos ensues.

As a bonus, let players have their choice of one of their 10 covers for their participation prize. (Or make it the cost of a 10-Pack to join, and give us all 10.)
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    I've made this suggestion before, but what about a buy-in Draft event.

You get 10 random covers, each becomes a fully leveled character with the pulled cover at 5, and the other 2 at 4 (except in 2 skill only characters in which case, you get 5/5). Build the team you can from the 10 possible options, and then see what chaos ensues.

As a bonus, let players have their choice of one of their 10 covers for their participation prize. (Or make it the cost of a 10-Pack to join, and give us all 10.)

Sentry green icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:

There is only about a 0.7% chance of pulling Sentry, and only 0.23% chance of pulling Green. That's 7 in 1000 players with Sentry, only only 2 of those having Green Maxed.

Look at any 10-pack pull that includes Sentry and build a team with him. It's not that easy. We might see some new and interesting strategies built out of such franken-teams.

What did you pull for your season 5 10-pack?
    I pulled out
    Red Rags
    Red Hulk
    Red M.Mags
    Purple Bullseye
    Red Moonstone
    Blue M.Hawkeye
    Red 3* HT
    Red C. Mags
    Purple OBW
    Black BP

And that's a pretty decent pull!
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

There is only about a 0.7% chance of pulling Sentry, and only 0.23% chance of pulling Green. That's 7 in 1000 players with Sentry, only only 2 of those having Green Maxed.

Look at any 10-pack pull that includes Sentry and build a team with him. It's not that easy. We might see some new and interesting strategies built out of such franken-teams.

What did you pull for your season 5 10-pack?
    I pulled out
    Red Rags
    Red Hulk
    Red M.Mags
    Purple Bullseye
    Red Moonstone
    Blue M.Hawkeye
    Red 3* HT
    Red C. Mags
    Purple OBW
    Black BP

And that's a pretty decent pull!

I think it's a cool idea. But as mentioned above, not until sentry's fixed.

I don't know what bracket size you had in mind... but 7 out of 1000 means the top 3 spots in the pvp is automatically determined in a 500 man bracket. Even with 4 covers in green and yellow, people with sentry will win by a margin of over 200-300 points against non-sentry teams, regardless of the other teammates.

Your only hope is that the guy who got sentry is a 3 week account who has no idea how to use him. But that's doubtful for a buy-in event.