hey guys!

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
im pretty new to this game. got any advice?

Comments

• Quite a few threads on getting started. It's a complicated game so there's a lot to talk about. Check the tips & guides forum for starters. When you have specific questions, we'd be happy to help answer.

But the two most important things are:
    1) save hero points for now (don't use them for covers, you will need them for cover space)
    2) for characters with three abilities, the max power ranking is 13 (3-5-5 or 4-4-5, you can't do 5-5-5) so read up on the powers in the character forum before pushing an ability above 3
  • Welcome!

Luckily the game doesn't have has hard of a learning curve as Dota2 or Eve online. It follows the basic match three principles and gameplay. The community is smallish but kind and growing and are very willing to help. My best advice is to read these threads as most of the game will be around how you build your heroes.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=781

If you are just starting off try going through the main storyline first. You can try some of the events and shield training but don't get discouraged if you find yourself against some high level players.

Save your hero points for slot covers. You will amass other covers just from gameplay. There are about 30 some heroes to acquire so that would be the sweet spot to go for.

Have fun, if you have questions you can PM most of us or just open a thread. Good luck and have fun!
  • Don't throw away any covers if you can avoid it. When i got my first wolverine i read his ablities and thought he was junk. So glad I kept him because he is by far one of the best characters you will have access to for a long while. And tournaments often center around particular characters or teams (Avengers, dark avengers etc). If you threw out those covers (like i did with all of my daken, Yalena, Venom) you will not be able to compete in those tournaments. If you run out of cover space and have no choice but to get rid of one, throw out a 1 star character because you will have an easy time getting it back when you have more cover space.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Feel free to throw away your bagman covers.
  • Clint wrote:

He's actually pretty good. Get rid of Ragnarok, especially red ones.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Clint wrote:

He's actually pretty good. Get rid of Ragnarok, especially red ones.

I kid.

Ragnarok is awful, but awesome. There is a love/hate relationship for most people.