Happiness with the game

Options
13»

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i think eventually they are going to need to do something along the lines of what event packs used to be, and limit the heroes in different tokens, and then give players a choice what kind of token they open. So let's say you get a heroic token from your daily reward or wherever, you can then pick from heroic A, B, or C where A has Spidey, GSBW, Hulk, Punisher, LT, and MoStorm, B has IM40, BP, LC, CPT Marvel, She-Hulk - anyway, you get the point. If they don't do this (or start making only 3* tokens) tokens become a complete joke. You end up with such terrible odds of collecting multiples of any given 3* through tokens that you can't really count on getting any reasonable amount and then have to rely on almost purely event rewards. Those will have to get further and further spaced out due to the sheer number of 3* characters, which will then make it harder to fully build any 3* without spending a bunch of HP on covers. That is, unless they decide to "phase out" certain characters from rewards, or focus rewards around characters in a month or 2 span to give people a chance to build a couple strong characters, before those characters get moved to the back and then not offered again for a couple more months.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Voted: "The game will stay about the same."

Loving the Deadpool event, liking that the devs are communicating more & devving new features - though personally I have found nothing worthwhile in the initial implementation of Team-Ups - but I don't see the game ever fundamentally changing now; it will likely always have the timezone issues, never have true PvE, characters will be rebalanced glacially or never, etc.

Not that it's a big negative; plenty of online games aren't 'hobby games' that can entertain for years, but they are still good games just with established player life-cycles - new & thrilling > engrossing > conquering! > slowing > stagnant > quit.

I'd say it's a testimony to the devs that MPQ is at least a game people wish would evolve, shift away from all modes being player-vs-top-5%-of-US-timezone-players, etc.

But yeah I don't see fundamental changes coming (and the smaller changes likely all over the better/worse spectrum), just hope that the devs progress the quality of life aspects sooner rather than later e.g. bloated 3* pool, broken/worthless character adjustments.
  • LavishDragoon
    LavishDragoon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think if they start giving out covers for heroes like they are with the Hood is a great way to combat the bloat of 3* heroes.
  • Hunter328
    Hunter328 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options

EDIT: Sheesh -- Polls and Positive posts almost never get upvotes.

You got my up vote. I admit I play games a lot, but I can't imagine the level of devotion to a video game a person must have to have to spend so much free time writing so many different posts on the state of a game he's not paid to talk about. I know I wouldn't have the time to, even if the game was that important to me, so I appreciate it.

Ditto. If Nonce is single he should find out who does the same sort of thing for the Candy Crush Saga forums and hit her up.
  • Hunter328
    Hunter328 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think if they start giving out covers for heroes like they are with the Hood is a great way to combat the bloat of 3* heroes.
    I think it means they plan on Nerfing Hood soon, so they want people to spend as much HP as possible in him before then. Isn't that how they roll?