Thematic sets for future?

Options
atomzed
atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
The 'Dark Reign' tag got me thinking about the future of MPQ.

Right now, all the characters are part of the DR era. Meaning that only characters connected to DR are released.

It's conceivable that there will be other 'theme' introduced. Like Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers 2 (w movie release), etc etc...

The problem i see is that with soooo many new characters introduced, the heroic 'packs' will have too many heroes and its hard to get characters that is part of the new 'theme'.

Solution: have different 'theme' heroic packs. Dark Reign Heroic packs, or Guardians of the Galaxy Heroic packs. Basically separate them to contain different characters.

This way, its easier for the new players to select the 'theme' they are most interested in buying. Also, when the Guardians of the galaxy tokens are introduced into circulation, ppl won't complain about getting those DD anymore.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• They released plenty of non-Dark Reign characters, or at least versions. I think it's best if they just continue releasing someone every two weeks or so, not in clumps, because clumps are very bad for people's HP balances.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    They released plenty of non-Dark Reign characters, or at least versions. I think it's best if they just continue releasing someone every two weeks or so, not in clumps, because clumps are very bad for people's HP balances.

Hmm. You misunderstood.

I am not asking them to release 10 GG characters all in 1 go.

What i am asking for is that when sufficient characters are released, they are no longer clump into the 'heroic' tokens set.

Current situation:
    New Rocket Racoon, Starlord and other 5 GG characters released.
    They are added into heroic packs.
    It will take a lot of RNG luck to get those new characters.

Proposed solution
    Put the Dark Reign characters in the current DR heroic set.
    Clump Rocket Racoon, Starlord and other 5 GG characters into the GG Heroic set.
    So when you draw a GG token, it only gives you GG characters, not DR characters.
    DR heroic tokens continue to give you DR characters only.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a good idea. But unless there is a change in thought at Demiurge regarding who these cover packs are aimed at, you're not going to see more sensible odds in the cover packs by any mechanism. It's one of my big pet peeves with the game.

In short, they found that making the odds lower for specific characters increased sales. So, I really doubt that they are looking for a way to make cover packs better.