retaliation list

Options
During pvp I have been observing that not all people who have attacked me have been queued to my nodes allowing me to retaliate.

In general I had a feeling that was one or two missing, but constantly. Yesterday, during a day pause I have been attacked 15 times, from which 10 were losses. So I expected to see all those logged into my nodes.

To my surprise, there were only 3.

Does someone experence the same thing?

I have reported this, but as I never get answers to my requests (I have tickets >2 months without any answer), I tjhought that posting here would give some more visibility and maybe I get some feedback

Comments

• ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I think, you can't retaliate those who shielded.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Or rather, those who beat you while you are shielded do not allow you a chance to retaliate. If this is not the case then it does sound like something is wrong.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have seen this too. I wonder if the same person attacks you twice you can only retaliate once. icon_question.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Nothing to see here, functioning as designed........

I believe there is a max queue length (someone help me with how many), but Ive noticed some getting dropped even when I had no other retals queued prior to getting the new attacks. Ive even seen it where I get the pop up while pushing my way up, and the attack never shows as a retal node.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    biomarvel wrote:
    In general I had a feeling that was one or two missing, but constantly. Yesterday, during a day pause I have been attacked 15 times, from which 10 were losses. So I expected to see all those logged into my nodes.

The three first retaliations remain still visible in your 3 nodes while the other retaliations are queued 'below' these first.
    However, I've observed that these supplementary retaliations are not stocked for a very long time (maybe one or two hours?) and after they disappeared. So maybe you checked after the delay was expired?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ragnarady wrote:
    I think, you can't retaliate those who shielded.

Yes you can do that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    biomarvel wrote:

The three first retaliations remain still visible in your 3 nodes while the other retaliations are queued 'below' these first.
    However, I've observed that these supplementary retaliations are not stocked for a very long time (maybe one or two hours?) and after they disappeared. So maybe you checked after the delay was expired?

Yes,
    in general it is queued bellow. In the past, I used to play before sleeping and on the next day I would do the retaliation. In general the list was full and I did not have the feeling that something was missing. So this is nothing that did not exist. But for sure I do not have the time log of every battle to see if this is some time constraint. On the other side, I would imagine that a random event that happened more than once has a low probability to have happened at the same time.
    So, if there is or was a change, I do not reckon they have informed. And above all, I have not seen any posts from developers explaining exactly how it works.
    If someone has a real explanation, that would be based in facts and not in theories, I would be thankful.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    It's quite easy. It's even the same for clear nodes. Had it explained to me recently as well.

The game queues fresh nodes/retals as soon as they appear but all the rest depends on if you're logged in at the time. Some possible scenarios:

A) An event starts, you are there to join right away. You see all the seed teams, which may be as many as 20-25, I dunno, you can climb to 220+ easily on seeds alone. You quit with no retals and get attacked while away. When you come back, you have all retaliations stored, with the oldest being shown on top.
    If you click through retals on one node, you will go through all of them minus two this way; the last two will be displayed in the other two nodes.

B) If however you are not logged in at the time of an event starting, you won't see seed teams and the game will load fresh non-AI opponents for you when you actually log in. You climb, you have a dozen attacks incoming but do not retaliate and quit. You are not attacked while you're off. You log in, only 3 oldest retals are saved for you.

In short, if you don't want to lose your valuable retals, quit the game as soon as you're finished with your unshielded push so that every single retal is stored when you are ready for your (final) shielded push.
    I don't like losing retals and I always try to go to sleep with clear nodes so that not to lose any new retals.