Stupid retaliation question

Options
yendi
yendi Posts: 29
edited July 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was attacked, retaliated, got a good 30 points, and then was re-retaliated by the person and lost a whopping 4 points. That person's now sitting in my queue with 39 potential points. I'm just trying to figure out why the other person's attacking me; are they getting just as many points? Is there a good explanation of how the points in retaliation works (feel free to link if I'm just failing to find it; I don't need someone to reinvent the wheel here)?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yendi wrote:
    So I was attacked, retaliated, got a good 30 points, and then was re-retaliated by the person and lost a whopping 4 points. That person's now sitting in my queue with 39 potential points. I'm just trying to figure out why the other person's attacking me; are they getting just as many points? Is there a good explanation of how the points in retaliation works (feel free to link if I'm just failing to find it; I don't need someone to reinvent the wheel here)?
    No, people are just stupid.

Unless you're sitting below 300 points, then points distribution for losses is weird. But above 500, a retal for 30 costs the other guy 30 and if he attacks again for 4 then he'll lose the 39 he's worth to you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you gained 30 and lost 4 and now they're worth 39, hit them again. They're probably only getting 15 points or less for hitting you. Why would they do such a thing? They probably attacked you the first time because you looked like an easy target, and points are points. After that is where it starts to get dumb. Why come back again and set themselves up to lose more points than they gain? Either they're not very smart or they're just mad and want revenge or they don't give a ****. Either way, you profit. Keep it up as long as you're getting the best of it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • yendi
    yendi Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks, folks. Yeah, he's got nothing but 2* folks, with four maxed out. I'm not much ahead (2* plus a 127 Punisher), but it's enough to make it worth fighting as long as the points are good.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The dude is stupid. Why would you retaliate back on someone who can eat away your points in massive chunks? You are just asking for your score to drop down to 0.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    They mad.

It's the only explanation I can think of. I farmed the best part of 150 points off one guy during BoP because he kept hitting back despite losing over 30 every time. It only stopped when I got a defensive win.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was it me? I do stupid **** like that all the time just for the hell of it when I'm bored.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    No I've yet to see you turn up in a node and actually be worth hitting. Must be a Django thing cause I see HailMary all the time for rubbish points too icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    They mad.

It's the only explanation I can think of. I farmed the best part of 150 points off one guy during BoP because he kept hitting back despite losing over 30 every time. It only stopped when I got a defensive win.

I farmed a similar amount off the same guy over two separate events. I don't even tend to notice names, but he had an unusual team, high points and just kept coming back until I skipped him for being worth 19 points only.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe misread the points you were worth. Or maybe they figured "I only need a couple of points to get the progression prize and them I'm shielding anyway" or something. Who knows?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have this happening in shield simulator right now. Somebody with over 1000 points keeps attacking me (I'm up to 360 now). I lose 0 on the attacks, but get 49 on the retaliations (about to collect for the 4th time today). He has been pretty constant on points today, so he must be shield hopping in an event with 28 more days to go...

It makes no sense to me, but I'll take the easy points. I wish the PvP was this easy.

Damn, he gave me a 48 point defensive win - gravy train is over.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yendi wrote:

so tell us... who was it??
  • Unknown
    Options
    There was probably no one else in his range that he could beat worth any points, so he probably hit you for a few easy points, and didn't notice who retaliated. Don't most people just close that thing immediately so they can get to the next battle quicker? It only shows you 4 or 5 retals anyways.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He could just be a casual player who is fighting for the sake of fighting? When I started, I never looked at point values. I just fought because the game was fun, and there was an opponent in front of me. Then I found these forums. . . icon_lol.gif